• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I have no problem with the delay if its just a couple months as long as its absolutely necessary to make the game better, add cars/tracks/weather etc. BUT Polyphony certianly is pushing the limit here and better get this shit out by June at latest or Im gonna get real upset and only buy one copy!!

Ranger X

What the fuck is with you people?
It's THE FIRST delay this game is having. Other GT games had multiple delays. Chill out.

Also, don't you want this game to come out when it's done? You'll be the first to whine "oh, this here isn't perfect", "there is that bug", etc.

Shut up really.

Barrett2

SolidSnakex said:
If that were the case then we'd see a lot more racing games with GT5's feature set as you're claiming that they don't take a lot of time.

Im' sure GT5's features will be top-class, but to have competitors release multiple games while you continue to work on one product, it just seems wild.

But, as others have mentioned, I guess if you look at it like a Blizzard situation, where you know your product is the absolute genre leader, I guess you can take this much time.

malsumis

Ranger X said:
What the fuck is with you people?
It's THE FIRST delay this game is having. Other GT games had multiple delays. Chill out.

Also, don't you want this game to come out when it's done? You'll be the first to whine "oh, this here isn't perfect", "there is that bug", etc.

Shut up really.

You know, gabe, fuckwad, theory.gif or something.

tehbear

Fersis said:
PD delays Gran Turismo 5:
Gamers: OMG PD suxxs! Playstation suxxs! RAAAAGEEEE!

Blizzard delays Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2:
Gamers: They are so awesome, they do what they want. No one is Blizzard boss! AWSUM

Because when Blizzard makes you wait 6+ years for a sequel, they throw in a Starcraft in between.

I hope GT PSP wasn't our starcraft.

Ranger X said:
Again... first "official" delay. We had Kaz telling us 2008 for a while so as previously stated, there have been plenty of "unofficial" delays.

lawblob said:
Im' sure GT5's features will be top-class, but to have competitors release multiple games while you continue to work on one product, it just seems wild.

You mentioned feautres though. GT5 doesn't have standard racing game features. They're implementing various racing leagues with their own set of rules. You're getting day/night for all courses as well a weather. People want all sorts of crazy features but they want it all done in the same amount of time that other developers make their games without such features.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why is the delay news not in its own thread? Anyone who isn't actively following this absurd megathread will have no idea. Megathread abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom