• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Gay Marriage Logo: Great Logo or Greatest Logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

md99

Banned
Just seen this myself. Wtf is it all about? What's the relationship between a videogame forum and gay pride????

I think Evilore is going to be hounded for custom logos for just about everything that happens.

Still, it's a great tribute.

Rich!

I think Evilore is going to be hounded for custom logos for just about everything that happens.

Still, it's a great tribute.

It's a good tribute, but IMO was not the best decision and I dont think the consequences of it were necessarily thought through. There are a few reasons as to why that's my opinion - but mainly the obvious consequence of it that came to light this week.

I won't expand on it as I know the mods have made their stance clear.

denx

Should the logo be changed to something resembling the recent images of Pluto, with "Love" near Pluto's heart?

It's a good tribute, but IMO was not the best decision and I dont think the consequences of it were necessarily thought through. There are a few reasons as to why that's my opinion - but mainly the obvious consequence of it that came to light this week.

I won't expand on it as I know the mods have made their stance clear.

Consequences of a rainbow logo? What?!

Son Of D

Consequences of a rainbow logo? What?!
I think what he's saying is that people will demand everything be honoured with a logo now. Look at the Iwata thread on gaming with people constantly demanding the logo be changed for remembering him. Plus you know some people will call bias in a "Oh you support LGBT rights but not ______?" way.

Rich!

I think what he's saying is that people will demand everything be honoured with a logo now. Look at the Iwata thread on gaming with people constantly demanding the logo be changed for remembering him. Plus you know some people will call bias in a "Oh you support LGBT rights but not ______?" way.

Yeah. Basically.

If it were up to me, the banner would never have changed in the first place. Not because I don't agree with the gay rights ruling (it's awesome), but because people subsequently expect it to be a google kind of thing from that point onwards.

I personally have very strong feelings on the topic, but I don't want to cause issues so I'm not going to discuss it here further.

Althane

Pretty sure that the original animated version was also a giant resource hog.

(Edit: Just being silly, FYI.)

Tell em tough shit lol.

Yeah. Basically.

If it were up to me, the banner would never have changed in the first place. Not because I don't agree with the gay rights ruling (it's awesome), but because people subsequently expect it to be a google kind of thing from that point onwards.

I personally have very strong feelings on the topic, but I don't want to cause issues.

You have strong feelings about a logo on a message board?

Also share your reasons or stop talking about your reasons. Can't have a conversation when one side refuses to explain.

sono

It does mark a significant and historic social change by USA and if the NeoGAF owners are cool with it so am I.

There is the question of how long it should remain of course.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeah. Basically.

I personally have very strong feelings on the topic, but I don't want to cause issues so I'm not going to discuss it here further.

so why even post?

i don't think anyone expects google levels of logo changing, but if something equally historically important and awesome happens, i wouldn't be opposed to it.

Rich!

so why even post?

i don't think anyone expects google levels of logo changing, but if something equally historically important and awesome happens, i wouldn't be opposed to it.

I guess. I think for me it's not really as significant a deal as it is for those in the US. It's been legal here for a while now. Anyhow, enough of me. I've said enough silly things now.

so why even post?

He posted to express an overview of his concerns, but stopping short of going into further detail so as to not cause too much of a stir. Seems reasonable.

I agree that people don't expect Google levels of logo changing, but I do think a consistent policy or approach should be defined, now that the idea has started, to limit disappointment and unnecessary arguments (like what happened in the Iwata thread (not terrible, but still distracting)).

railGUN

Banned
But GAF is an American site soooooo....

It's also a video game forum soooooo....

Not that I care, but it does seem weird to commemerate the gay marriage thing for an entire month, and not do something for the untimely death of the president of Nintendo.

I mean, whynotboth.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi there. Let's set aside diplomacy for a moment and have a little bit of real talk.

Fuck your expectations and demands. This is a private website. A special gesture was made in solidarity with hundreds of sites across the internet in celebration of the historic passing of marriage equality in the United States. It was intended to be kept through July and will in fact be kept through July as planned. Iwata's death is not more or less important than this; it has absolutely nothing to do with it. You do not get to demand logo changes, and the hundreds of hostile, childish, entitled posts doing so in the thread about Iwata's passing don't do the people in question any favors or make a logo change any more likely. Rather, these posts mostly serve to disgust me and disrespect Iwata's memory, and associate a logo change with acceding to the demands of assholes.

I did in fact ask my art team to create an Iwata memorial logo immediately upon hearing the tragic news, since the idea resonated with me and we were all deeply saddened by his passing. An appropriate memorial logo was created shortly thereafter.

It will not be used. Have a wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom