• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom awards 2015 winners - Platform enthusiasts create world's largest salt pile

bigol

And these are the winners of this year:

Best of gamescom
Star Wars Battlefront (Electronic Arts)

Most Wanted Consumer Award

Best Console Game Sony Playstation

Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami Digital Entertainment)

Best Console Game Nintendo Wii
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo)

Best Role Playing Game
Dark Souls 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)

Best Racing Game
Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)

Best Action Game

Best Simulation Game
Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)

Best Sports Game
PES 2016 (Konami Digital Entertainment)

Best Family Game
LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)

Best Strategy Game
Unravel (Electronic Arts)

Best PC Game

Best Mobile Game (incl. Handheld, iOS, Android, Windows)
Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo)

Best Social / Casual / Online Game
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo)

Best Online Multiplayer Game

Best Hardware (incl. Peripheral)
HTC Vive (HTC)

Best Indie
Cuphead (Studio MDHR)

Source
http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/for-exhibitors/registration/gamescom-award/index.php

These were the nominees
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/03/gamescom-2015-nominees-for-the-gamescom-awards-2015-announced

BY2K

Membero Americo

Why? Both games are going to be available on both console.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
oh the love xbox got for that 900p resultion

Kssio_Aug

Seriously? Not saying MGSV won't be awesome, but in my honest opinion Scalebound and Crackdown 3 were more special in this even by now. Specially Crackdown 3 for its tech.

Only my humble opinion though.

You mean this part?

I'm guessing it's because Battlefront was not shown on XB1 at Gamecom, so you can't really call it the best game on that console based on this showing.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Triforce Heroes for best mobile game though?! o_O

I'm a massive Zelda fan and even I'm lukewarm on that one... Game isn't looking too hot atm.

LowSignal

I want battlefront to be be good but after being burnt on not only a Xbox one BF and season pass but also the PS4 version and season pass it's hard to believe this isn't going to launch messed up.

Oersted

The jury consists of:

Florian Böhme (Amazon), Uke Bosse (Reload), Igor Boyko (NIM), Guy Cocker (u.a. BBC, Wired), Michael French (MCV & Develop, Intent Media), Manuel Fritsch (Insert Moin), Petra Fröhlich (Funfair Media), Andreas Garbe (heute-journal), John Gaudiosi (Fortune), Heiko Gogolin (Riesenbuhei Ent.), Andrew Goldfarb (IGN US), Maxi Gräff (High5, Webedia), Tino Hahn (GIGA digital), Joachim Hesse (spieletipps), René Heuser (IGN Germany, Webedia), Heiko Klinge (Gamestar/Gamepro/Making Games), Bertram Küster (Spiele Bild), René Meyer (Die Schreibfabrik), Ian Morris (Everybody Plays), Florian „LeFloid“ Mundt, Max „Frodoapparat“ Krüger, Claudio Prandoni (UOL jogos), Valentin „Sarazar“ Rahmel, Eric „Gronkh“ Range, Dennis Richtarski (Rocketbeans TV), Marco Accordi Rickards (Idra Editing), Peter „Piet Smiet“ Smits, Christian „Chris“ Stachelhaus (Piet Smiet) and Claudio Todeschini (The Games Machine).

Vandiger

Starwars Battlefront will be awesome or did EA just bribe their way to an award? Shame EA has eroded any goodwill from me.

EGM1966

How does this make a lick of sense?

Best of gamescom

Most Wanted Consumer Award

It's like they have to have PS4 and XB1 have different games and decided to go with the best game overall for PS4 but switch to MGSV for XB1. I guess I shouldn't even waste brain cells on this as show awards are fairly useless IMHO and pretty suspect but still. That's just a zero sense decision.

jeffers

Dont get the "wii" thing, just seems disrespectful to not get it right?

Also amazed nintendo won in a handheld category, I feel thats nearly always given to some random mobile game.

Its also Playstation 4 and Xbox One. They are counted as one console family respectively.
Ah I see. Looks so stupid.

JayEH

The hilarious thing is that MGS was shown on ps4.

Glad to see it win best action game though.

Top Bottom