• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Noobcraft

*Comparisons*
Call me crazy, but I think your Driveclub screen looks better as a jpeg. The JPEG hides/fixes a lot of the aliasing/shimmering.
PNG:
pAoXkHl.png

JPEG:
Phi51eA.jpg

Still one of the best looking games available (on any platform) and this was a launch window title. Great work by Sucker Punch, can't wait to see what else they have in store.

In fact, a lot of the best looking games available were released during the launch window: Ryse, Killzone and inFamous. Since 14/02, we only had The Order, Batman, and maybe one or two games I've forgotten the name...

Call me crazy, but I think your Driveclub screen looks better as a jpeg. The JPEG hides/fixes a lot of the aliasing/shimmering.
PNG:
pAoXkHl.png

JPEG:
Phi51eA.jpg

Is it a cloud or the PNG has more contrast and colours than JPEG ?

[Call-Me-G];177327758 said:
In fact, a lot of the best looking games available were released during the launch window: Ryse, Killzone and inFamous. Since 14/02, we only had The Order, Batman, and maybe one or two games I've forgotten the name...

+ Ethan Carter + Until Dawn
Yes, sometimes I have the feeling that at the beginning of a generation developers don't know what is the level of the other games so they work very hard on graphics. And after they realize they don't have to be that good to be as the others.

[Call-Me-G];177327758 said:
Witcher 3 is the only other looker I can think of. Everything else has been average in comparison.

Edit: Driveclub, duh.

Noobcraft

Is it a cloud or the PNG has ore contrast and colours than JPEG?
PNG is a lossless compression format meaning it should represent the game much more accurately than even the highest quality jpeg. It's even possible to make animated PNGs (like gifs) but it's pretty uncommon.

Shin-Ra

I used inFAMOUS FL for this because photo mode let you get a perfectly matched still-frame.

TZople.png
<< animated PNG, not supported on all browsers

svLwIQ.png
ONQh6W.png
This is where you realise (if you didn't already know) most capture cards can't capture perfect lossless 4:4:4 frames.

So happy I'm no longer tempted to get an Intensity Pro 4K. Cheaper cards/boxes are fine if you're mostly uploading lossy video.

SZips

Some mine screenshots comparison :

Really easy to see the differences when looking at things that are red/purple such as the arch in Driveclub and the hair on the character in the second game. Haven't had a chance to test the PNG stuff myself yet but it's looking very promising.

Caayn

I used inFAMOUS FL for this because photo mode let you get a perfectly matched still-frame.

This is where you realise (if you didn't already know) most capture cards can't capture perfect lossless 4:4:4 frames.

So happy I'm no longer tempted to get an Intensity Pro 4K. Cheaper cards/boxes are fine if you're mostly uploading lossy video.
Hehe saves you couple hundred bucks. Still it must be said that capture cards like that one are in a whole different league. You get all the benefits of having a perfect lossless capture together with frame by frame control instead of guessing and hoping you had the right timing.

I miss my Elgato HD60 thanks to the frame by frame control, but then I remember how horrible it compressed the images.

It's good to see Sony jumping in on the higher quality captures.
Some mine screenshots comparison :
Three screens per post ;)
Very nice shot, love the colour against the darkness of the night.

Hmm, must be me then. I've noticed that same broken image symbol a few times on GAF over the past few days. You guys have any idea how I can fix it? I'm using Chrome.

Top Bottom