• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2015 dated for September 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

"Blasts from the past". Blasts is plural.

Also, let's be real here for a second. How many old Sony IP do people actually like? Not pity like, but like, like?

Colony Wars alone would be enough for me and it'd make so much sense now with Morpheus around the corner and Space Games revival.

Wouldn't mind a new Crash too of course.

Edit: How about a Destruction Derby with Hardware Rivals like graphics and insane particle effects paired with a track editor?

Tizoc

It's quite comforting how people have accepted that this conference is going to be one of those weird, strange, and unsettling disappointments. The last two years have conditioned folks well. B-b-but TLG, Gravity, Level-5, Sega, and SE. B-b-but, shut up.

I'm so hype though. X-Men Legends 3. Let's go baby. Please.

Yes.

Also, let's be real here for a second. How many old Sony IP do people actually like? Not pity like, but like, like?

While not a Sony IP, Crash Bandicoot was very popular in Japan, would love a new Crash Banbdicoot game in the same style as the original 3 games. It doesn' have to be $60 just something with the $20-40.

It's quite comforting how people have accepted that this conference is going to be one of those weird, strange, and unsettling disappointments. The last two years have conditioned folks well. B-b-but TLG, Gravity, Level-5, Sega, and SE. B-b-but, shut up.

What are you talking about? This is always the best conference of the year!

Some Nobody

Yes.

You keep bringing up XML...should we be looking for something, or is this like you honestly hoping it'll happen but you know it probably won't?

And, I think people legitimately like Crash. And no matter what people on GAF say, I think Legend of Dragoon has a decent-sized fanbase.

Verendus

Banned
I know what it is; I just refuse to acknlowedge anything with an average rating less than 80. Not my fault really. That's how everyone thinks now. It's a world of scores, and how high or low that score is, and your worth is judged by that score.

You keep bringing up XML...should we be looking for something, or is this like you honestly hoping it'll happen but you know it probably won't?

We all have things we beg for. I didn't stop people begging for their dreams, you can't stop me begging for mine. One day.

I just have to balee.

raven777

55F1C0494F51C3002F

New Yakuza related announcement on the same day...it's safe to assume it will be announced here.

TGS is going to be amazing this year. New Vallinaware project, new project from the Yakuza boys, Persona 5 info, new Gundam VS, SFV character reveal and probably more beta information, Tekken 7 console reveal probably, and some SE stuff. But you guys need to learn to temper your expectations.

ZarKryn7

If there is any arcade racer Sony should bring back its, FUCKING JET MOTO! Many fans consider jet moto 2 to the best and it's on sale right now for like... 2 bucks I believe?

Anyway, I think Evolution Studios would be perfect to make a new installment.

What else hm...

Oh yeah. Crash and Spyro. But Activision own them. Fuck Activision.

I've been told Sony doesn't own the Tomba IP, but it would be cool to another one.

Another Ape Escape game would be nice. BTW, where the hell is the PS1 version on the ps store?

blasts? blasto reboot confirmed

Holy crap. I remember Blasto! I heard they were going to make a sequel but the Blasto's VO, Phil Hartman, passed away. So it was canned. I know the game doesn't hold up really well but I really like blasto as a character.

FluxWaveZ

lol I remember

Dammit, I was hoping that wasn't going to be unearthed!

I didn't outright dismiss the idea, but I was totally wrong on that one and ZarKryn7 was right. But come on, just "Hardware"? I'll keep this in mind as I continue following video game trademarks.

Verendus

Banned
Sounds like you're challenging me to a duel in a children's card game, Dargor. I'm not sure that's allowed now since we're all supposed to hate Konami.

Also, let's open this up for some actual discussion then. It's TGS. What are your hopes for what you'd like to see? More than likely, people will be pleased to varying degrees since expectations always differ with these events.

There is Level-5's game that is yet to be seen. Do you feel this is the appropriate venue for this game, and if it is, what kind of game are you looking for? Would you be happy with a sequel to an old IP like Ni no Kuni, or would you prefer a new IP?

Bandai Namco is a significant publisher in Japan, so is there anything you'd want to see from them? New entries in franchises like Soulcalibur, Tekken for PS4 finally, or would you prefer seeing something entirely different from them?

Do you think it's possible to see something from Capcom besides what is already announced? Titles like DMC, Resident Evil, or even titles that may be unexpected such as a new IP, or revisits to older franchises?

How about Square Enix? They have a bunch of stuff on the way. There are several titles they have announced like FFXV, KH3 etc. so would you prefer new information on those existing titles, or do you still want to see new announcements from them?

What about Sony? Would you be satisfied with another look at TLG, and Bloodborne DLC, or is it time you feel to finally see something else from them too on the PS4?

Around what level of content do you want to see in order to be satisfied? It's obviously not going to be E3, so how do your expectations vary? Are you looking for a couple of new games to be announced that capture your interest, or do you want to see several new announcements, plenty of information on existing games, and some notable surprises?

What's it going to take to destroy your soul basically?

Is this the conference where we hear about Sony's Epic JRPG?

Please?

Can't wait to see Level 5's project. Hopefully we get more info and screens and video of Dragon Quest XI. Hopefully we see a bunch more from Star Ocean 5 and FFXV and KH3.

So much to look forward to. More then any previous TGS I can recall. More from TLG? More from Shenmue 3? Maybe a teaser screen or something from FFVII-R?

Will Colony Wars come back? Wipeout? Wild Arms? Arc the Lad? Will Vanillaware showcase their new project? Will Sega actually have a good show? Will we see Bloodborne DLC?

So much. So much

GnawtyDog

Banned
Sounds like you're challenging me to a duel in a children's card game, Dargor. I'm not sure that's allowed now since we're all supposed to hate Konami.

Also, let's open this up for some actual discussion then. It's TGS. What are your hopes for what you'd like to see? More than likely, people will be pleased to varying degrees since expectations always differ with these events.

There is Level-5's game that is yet to be seen. Do you feel this is the appropriate venue for this game, and if it is, what kind of game are you looking for? Would you be happy with a sequel to an old IP like Ni no Kuni, or would you prefer a new IP?

Bandai Namco is a significant publisher in Japan, so is there anything you'd want to see from them? New entries in franchises like Soulcalibur, Tekken for PS4 finally, or would you prefer seeing something entirely different from them?

Do you think it's possible to see something from Capcom besides what is already announced? Titles like DMC, Resident Evil, or even titles that may be unexpected such as a new IP, or revisits to older franchises?

How about Square Enix? They have a bunch of stuff on the way. There are several titles they have announced like FFXV, KH3 etc. so would you prefer new information on those existing titles, or do you still want to see new announcements from them?

What about Sony? Would you be satisfied with another look at TLG, and Bloodborne DLC, or is it time you feel to finally see something else from them too on the PS4?

Around what level of content do you want to see in order to be satisfied? It's obviously not going to be E3, so how do your expectations vary? Are you looking for a couple of new games to be announced that capture your interest, or do you want to see several new announcements, plenty of information on existing games, and some notable surprises?

What's it going to take to destroy your soul basically?

Level 5 game was said to be E3 level caliber game (by Level 5 exec) and got pushed. I expect it to be the same - can't change a AAA game just because it shows in Japan. I'm cautiously excited for a Ni-no Kuni with today's graphics....my god. Dark Cloud 3 etc...doesn't matter - it's not a DAMN shooter, it's going to be colorful, different, with scale and AAA production values aka FRESH.

Studio Japan AAA IP (wild card - the reveal will make or break for initial buzz of course - I am not sure Studio Japan will do a Horizon Zero Dawn type of reveal but that game pretty much set the blueprint for "great" reveals and Sony should definitely try to mimic that as much as possible - compared to say, Bloodborne's CGI reveal....the hardcore had hype because of the leak and subsequent footage leaks - certainly not due to that CGI trailer at E3.)

Then you have the Gravity Rush series - AA/AAA depending on the polish we see on screen - always exciting, always different, and FRESH.

TLG new footage (the one shown behind closed doors at E3). The game needs a graphics polish and I am looking forward to seeing that happen. Perhaps not at TGS but they better get that lighting system redone, same as textures.

Then you have the Capcom updates...Deep Down, SFV character reveal.

Capcom new announcements - DMC? Resident Evil? Either or is a big third party reveal.

a SEGA surprise? + Yakuza surprise?
+ A Konami surprise?
+ Square surprise footage of Nier II OR FFVII Remake? Kingdom Hearts 2.9....

Persona 5 release date.
Tomorrow Children release date.

We're talking about an E3 level conference here with a Japanesse twist (in smaller games and games catering to Asia in general (some of which westerners won't care about) and in presentation style (which I still view as poor compared to western style presentations - they're more formal but odd at the same time)).

I am extremely excited at the prospects of content. Too much potential for AAA caliber content across the board, exclusive, and third party. Not to mention smaller games, the "AA" and indie Japanese scene.

mrjohill

I kinda want a new IP from level 5. And if sony makes a new arc the lad I hopes its like twilight of the spirits and not that garbage end of darkness.

jiggle

I want lots or RPGs from everyone

Dragons dogma 2

I would like to see New JRPG's IP because as good as the old JRPG's are but one of the most exciting thing in a JRPG is new worlds you get to explore and new IP's are really good with that.

I mean its been years since we have gotten a well made New JRPG Console IP.

Yes.

I need this to not be a joke...

ZarKryn7

Isn't level 5 taking the insomniac approach with their new IPs? As in like, their new IPs will be published by 3rd parties as long as they own that IP? I could see their new IP being announced during the Bandai Namco segment during the conference.

jiggle

Isn't level 5 taking the insomniac approach with their new IPs? As in like, their new IPs will be published by 3rd parties as long as they own that IP? I could see their new IP being announced during the Bandai Namco segment during the conference.
Level5 can publish its own games

Verendus

Banned
I'll start with my general feelings of what I feel would satisfy people. I think it's about time Sony Japan shows something more than TLG for PS4. This is a game people have been waiting on since PS3. We're now 2 years into the lifecycle of the PS4, so naturally, enough time has passed, and people would prefer to see more of what to expect from the various development studios at WWS. Part of the love Playstation receives is thanks to the diverse internal studios, and Japan Studio has a lot of talent. They also tend to cater to different audience, so this kind of venue is suited to a game they could announce for the PS4.

I feel Sega has had a tough time with everything happening there with the restructuring, but with those issues behind us, I feel it's time for them to start delivering some quality content that will satisfy fans. Sega has always had interesting games, and while the opinion on their content differs, they're still a big publisher, and have the ability to produce, and develop games that can appeal to core gamers. Binary Domain is an example of a very good game that would appeal to TPS fans, even if it may not have been a commercial success. I don't necessarily expect things to happen overnight obviously, but even a little bit from them would inspire a lot of confidence from fans. Expectations shouldn't have to just be Yakuza, and those weird games made for Japan only. It'd be nice to start showing games like Vanquish and Binary Domain again. Games that appeal to core gamers. Plus, we're about due for about two titles sometime quite soon.

Capcom is already quite focused on pleasing fans, and they've released a few titles already. However, even with the announcement of Street Fighter V, and the release of Dead Rising 3, many fans are still waiting on news on mainline entries of Resident Evil, and of course, Devil May Cry. Again, much like Sony Japan, we're now two years in almost so it's time to start seeing more content, or at least have some semblance of news for fans to feel inspired and more confident about what's coming their way. Whether they want to present a mainline entry in another major franchise, or set the tone with something new, I feel Capcom in general has a lot of potential, especially since they were focused in the past on revamping their development pipeline.

Square Enix, there's not much to say. They've proven their point. For them, it's about actually releasing the games, and delivering a quality experience that makes them feel significant again to hardcore fans. In a way, FFXV is the biggest test for fans of their Japanese output. I don't necessarily think people would be disappointed if they didn't receive any new announcements from them, but there's still going to be a few over the next year. But again, it's more important in my eyes for some of these games to start releasing. In a way, they're already ahead of other publishers in that respect.

Basically, I think it's time for a lot of developers to get their shit together. We're nearly two years in. We're hitting the half-way point of the generation soon, and it's time to actually start delivering news that inspires faith and confidence. The beginning wasn't easy, and that's fair enough, but at some point, you need to be focused and hit your stride. You can't be left behind. There doesn't have to be half a dozen new big announcements, but I imagine most people would be satisfied with a couple, as well as some more information on existing titles like Persona, FF, TLG, Bloodborne DLC etc.

Plus, the general pessimism on here can be overwhelming sometimes.

I need this to not be a joke...
It's more like a delusional dream.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well I'm excited. TGS is always my favorite time of year and has been for a while. I actually really liked last year's announcements for what it's worth.

The big question mark for me this year is will SE finally show FFXV at this event since they decided to skip out on it last year for whatever reason.

crazyprac

Well I'm excited. TGS is always my favorite time of year and has been for a while. I actually really liked last year's announcements for what it's worth.

The big question mark for me this year is will SE finally show FFXV at this event since they decided to skip out on it last year for whatever reason.

I don't like it when you show up after verendus tries to mind fuck us because all you do is finish us off because now I don't know if you know something we don't know but won't let us know but knowingly pretend you don't know so that we don't get to know what it is known!

Edit: :)

FluxWaveZ

The SCEJA conference will already be great from everything that's confirmed to be at TGS.

Of course, there will always be people with stupid expectations or those who don't know they're in Japan who end up disappointed and say that it was a waste of time.

Philippo

I'd love a New IP. They haven't tried something big in a while, and their last attempt, WKC, had good premises but poor execution. But i'd settle for a a Ni No Kuni sequel, i still loved that but i can see such an IP being sort of limiting new idea-wise. A Rogue Galaxy sequel i would approve too.

As always, new IPs are always welcome. But i don't care about SC/SF, licensed anime titles (except for JoJo, JoJo is life) and Tales of, the only old IP that would excite me is probably .hack

I want Deep Down, that sounded promising. Also, either DMC5 or RE7 must be pretty well into developement. It will just be curious to see if there's going to be some exclusivity deals like SFV situation. And please being back Breath of Fire on console.

They already blew their load in the past months, no need to add new things aside maybe an HD remaster tbh. Just give me juicy FFXV and DQXI info, and something concrete on Project Setsuna.

Yes, i want to see those two (although i'm not gonna play Bloodborne DLC), but they have to show something new, they have a lot of staff and we haven't heard from them in a while.

I want to see Japanese companies go "you wanted J-Games on your console? there you fucking go you filthy gaijins"mostly because this time we know they are all prepearing in the background, so it's just time to show us. Japanese games have their own levels of quality and originality, something that i kinda missed in these first months of next-gen. Plus, JRPGs are back and that already makes me smile.

What's it going to take to destroy your soul basically? That's easy i have a very weak soul, just announce a 2015 US release of Persona 5 and i'm done.

Bolded.

Do you think that's a possibility? I mean we're getting a lenghty ATR just a few days after. Maybe the so called extended Dawn trailer?

Verendus

Banned
The SCEJA conference will already be great from everything that's confirmed to be at TGS.

Of course, there will always be people with stupid expectations or those who don't know they're in Japan who end up disappointed and say that it was a waste of time.
If only we were in Brazil.

We could get Vin Diesel at least.

RyoonZ

Banned
Give me JRPG or give me death

Alundra
Arc the Lad
Dark Cloud
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia
Rogue Galaxy
Wild Arms

Wiggy

I hope studio japan come back strong this gen. I also hope Tokyo jungle 2 happens, so maybe I'm not reasonable :/.

TGS is my favorite conference and I cannot wait. It's the biggest conference for the Vita, which is the system I've been using the most recently. Studio Japan always releases a couple games a year and since they've moved on from the Vita I can't wait to see what else they have for the PS4, hopefully another triple A title like Bloodborne. I want to see more details about SE's various games. BAMCO always shows of stuff I'm into but their localization rate isn't that great. Anything from Atlus and Vanillaware would be amazing.

Xpliskin

I don't like it when you show up after verendus tries to mind fuck us because all you do is finish us off because now I don't know if you know something we don't know but won't let us know but knowingly pretend you don't know so that we don't get to know what it is known!

Edit: :)

i66vhlN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom