• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Effect

Oh nice. I thought I had more to go but finally unlocked everything. Now I can use sublevels and can finally start getting serious about the level I was thinking about.

yeeeeeeeah, gimme that sweet todd.

EDIT: Unless I messed up, I think captain todd lvl 3 has a part at the very end where you can get stuck and have to restart (as long as you're following the no jump rule). Don't know if that was intentional, or if I was just dumb and couldn't figure my way out, but I figured I'd let you know.

Oh, really? Which segment? Will definitely take a look! Thanks for warning!
E: Oh, I apparently accidentaly deleted a vine there. Really, thanks a lot for telling me! Will update as soon as I can.
E: Updated!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Made a new level! Rather than more straightforward platforming, I wanted to make a longer, more complex level. This is what I came up with:

WVW69iZ6QH8YsnzgeJ

P'd Off

(A772-0000-0054-C472)

It's pretty tough, but definitely doable.

Previous levels:

Drop That Dino (6FA1-0000-0048-D59A)

Solid Ground (5C77-0000-003F-F0C4)

Cavern Thrash (491B-0000-003F-EEE3)

Mattiator

I have this bad boy sitting on my counter and I want to keep it but have been so busy I haven't even touch batman, Witcher 3 or rare replay. Can someone sell me on this please :) :) I have two young sons under 3 who love mario and love watching me play mario if hat helps at all.

Kyzon

I don't know if you have room for anymore, but...

City Beneath the Waves
57D8-0000-0027-65E2

Just now seeing this. I got ya next time.

Alright, I'll be hopping off early because I need to wake up early tomorrow... but it was a great stream, some great levels and specially creative ways to use Thwomps.

And it was pretty fun seeing someone play my level. Sorry about the 2 fuzzy effects though, they really shouldn't have happened.

If anyone saw it in the stream and wants to play it, here it is:

It was a great stage. I'll be playing it again sometime soon.

Thanks everyone who brought stages and watched the stream. I had a ton of fun, and hope you did too. GAF stages are the GOAT as always.

This was really well put together, at first I succumbed to a guilty verdict but then I figured out the case for redemption.

Great use of the various blocks, objects and enemies to make this visually feel right.

Thanks! Now you have learned that you must never give up on your client... Never.

NICE! I'm gonna play it for sure. I love Ace Attorney.
Try mine out! I made an ad for it too :D

zQ1vDqO.png

Thank you! Your level is AWESOME. It was weird to pass from being a defense attorney to... a merciless murderer, haha.

Oh man I loved this level!

Is it fair to say that the Red Koopa was the murderer?
Well, he was seen on the crime scene with a CANNON... and with a shell matching the one found next to the victim... What would that mean? Haha.

Gsnap

Oh, really? Which segment? Will definitely take a look! Thanks for warning!
E: Oh, I apparently accidentaly deleted a vine there. Really, thanks a lot for telling me! Will update as soon as I can.
E: Updated!

Yeah, no problem. Figured you didn't want players getting frustrated and breaking the no jump rule.

Great stuff, btw. More challenging than the first in a really good way.

Since my Capitan Todd level was received pretty positively I decided to try my hand at two more with different concepts. Would love some more feedback on them as well!

Capitan Todd reaches the catacombs! Can he avoid spiky thwomps, spiky enemies and get all 100 coins and 3 hidden 1-up mushrooms? His hefty backpack is full of treasure and he can't jump!

Capitan Todd - Lvl. 2 (DON'T JUMP!)
8974-0000-0054-5096

Capitan Todd takes it to the skies! Oh, well, not really, but since he can't jump, even the smallest of platforms turns into the dauntest of trials! Can you lead Capitan Todd through a series of unstable platforms, find the 100 coins and find the 3 hidden 1-up mushrooms?

Capitan Todd - Lvl. 3 (DON'T JUMP!)
4CCD-0000-0054-D224

And, if you missed the first adventures of Capitan Todd:

Can you lead Capitan Todd through the dangers of the world? With his sturdy backpack, he cannot jump - and it's up to you to figure out how to lead him across the dastardly perils he will find! For an added challenge, find the 3 1-Up Mushrooms and the 100 coins scattered across the level - but remember, you can't jump - get your finger out of that darn A button!

Capitan Todd - Lvl. 1 (Don't Jump!)
2915-0000-0049-1B14

Capitan Todd lol. Those are some great levels, man! They're just as fun as the real Captain Toad, but for a different reason. I'm sure lots of people had this idea, but this is solid execution. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Thank you! Your level is AWESOME. It was weird to pass from being a defense attorney to... a merciless murderer, haha.

I loved your level, too! I loved the little story it told, at the crime scene, running into the murderer... the thwomp acting as the judge and gavel... just beautiful. As a big Ace Attorney fan it really made me happy :D

My first 'proper' attempt at a level. Had a lot of fun making it, I've been playing Mario games all my life and as suspected ever since the game was announced; making my own levels/playing other people's ones so easily is really really fun lol.... honestly Mario Maker is really something special. Can't wait until I have access to the Mario 3 set (my fav!!!)

If anyone has any comments or feedback on my level please let me know. :D

Cheers.

WVW69iZ0HmMmTrDDth

JP Platforming Inc. #1

6931-0000-0052-84CA

Resilient

Tried to make a puzzle level with tight platforming and open options.

Let me know if you can solve the puzzle for the end...title is Hanami.

5525 0000 0054 8CD1

I have a friend who is losing his shit at 150+ attempts atm. It might be hard, but when you work it out it's pretty easy really..

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
getting close to 50 now

i might just extend the voting period so that people have more time to go through everything

I agree with these two:

I can't help but feel there's going to be a skew towards earlier entries when people start to fizzle out around entry number twenty or thirty.

Ya, like split them up in groups of #, winners get pitted up against each other.

It's unfair to expect people to fully play and evaluate 50+ stages, let alone keep track of them all.

Since you're having the voting period take place over the course of a week, you can split the list of levels into groups of equal size and give each group a day or two of its own in the spotlight. The top choice from each group advances into a final group that also gets a day or two of its own for voting.

daydream

Banned
the inherent problem with groups is that a good level (which would otherwise do well) can be eliminated in the very first round of voting because it happened to be paired with an even stronger one. as unlikely as it is, the critical example would involve a level which would win second place in an open vote being eliminated because it's paired with the level that would get first in an open vote

this is just speaking hypothetically but it does highlight the problem of balance with a group model

i'll have to think about it. thanks for the input, in any case!

Durock

Hey guys! Loving the game! Here are a couple of levels I've uploaded.

Super Mario Arcade!

ID: 24FA-0000-0044-7BED

Super Mario Arcade 2!

ID: 958B-0000-0050-DB2D

Both courses have an actual boss fight where you MUST defeat the boss in order to progress, which imo is the highlight of the levels. Hope you enjoy them!

Quoting myself because I also discovered by accident a very useful shortcut to delete items/enemies/etc. Just grab them and slide them to the edge of the Gamepad screen. GOAT.

You can also copy oke Object Or you can Even copy more objects with some Button presses (Even Different objects) :) And If you don't Know you can delete objects too with One of the shoulderbuttons

ONCE you find out what those shoulderbuttons can Do you will use them constantly :)

Yeah, no problem. Figured you didn't want players getting frustrated and breaking the no jump rule.

Great stuff, btw. More challenging than the first in a really good way.

Yeah, I think it may be a big jump in difficulty from 1 to 2 (and to 3) but I just wanted to play with more ideas with the concept heh. Thanks again! =)

Capitan Todd lol. Those are some great levels, man! They're just as fun as the real Captain Toad, but for a different reason. I'm sure lots of people had this idea, but this is solid execution. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Heh, thanks as well! Glad you enjoyed it!

jholmes

Just uploaded my first level.

Yoshi Rescue!

C466-0000-0054-A82E

unnamed.jpg

Would LOVE some feedback. I went for a very natural style trying to incorporate underground things, multiple paths, complicated jumps, and not overdoing it with enemies, etc.

I'm conflicted about this level because the bones are good but I think there are issues on the details. The first fire flower is perched way up high, and because of the way the level is laid out you're inviting the player to rush headlong into damage when they jump down. You also make a big deal about Yoshi, but then the player is supposed to abandon him before the end of the stage to climb vines. At first I assumed it was a manoeuvre I could only do jumping off Yoshi, and died several times at the end of the level. That said, the rest of the level is pretty strong. I particularly liked how you revealed Yoshi -- the player knows exactly where he is long before he can get to him. Very good work.

Also, this isn't really anything you did wrong, but it's something I just need to say: Can we lay off the Boo rings already? They aren't hard, they just make you sit there and wait for no reason. It just makes the game less fun. Especially if it's not a ghost stage, less boo rings please!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
the inherent problem with groups is that a good level (which would otherwise do well) can be eliminated in the very first round of voting because it happened to be paired with an even stronger one. as unlikely as it is, the critical example would involve a level which would win second place in an open vote being eliminated because it's paired with the level that would get first in an open vote

this is just speaking hypothetically but it does highlight the problem of balance with a group model

i'll have to think about it. thanks for the input, in any case!

Having an inaccurate 2nd place ranking would be preferable to half the entries being ignored outright due to fatigue or imperfect memory.

mylesg13

Neo Member
Hi fellow Mario Makers!

I've been working away at my own Super Mario Bros adventure and I'm at the point where the first two worlds are complete and posted.
I've tried my best to capture the spirit of a real Super Mario Bros game with these and hopefully I've been successful.

There's a bit of a progression from level to level, so it's best if you play them in sequence.
Keep an eye out for secrets too, as every stage has a least one bonus room (most have more) and there are hidden routes and 1-ups throughout.
Hopefully, one day Nintendo will let us upload full Adventures so the 1-ups will be a bit less meaningless... It's still fun to collect them though =)
Use the level codes below, or just add me to your creators list and add them that way.
Maker ID should show as Myles.

Anyway, give em' a go if you like and I've love any feedback, comments or stars.
Cheers guys!

World 1: Mushroom Hills

1-1 Grassland Groove
64DB 0000 0054 C4F5

1-2 Crystal Block Cave
B0EB 0000 0054 C576

1-3 Mushroom Heights
40DA 0000 0054 C5E1

1-4 King Goomba's Castle
124E 0000 0054 C665

World 2: Wiggler's Woods

2-1 Woodsy Way
8CD7 0000 0054 C6B9

2-2 Buzzing Treetops
AF95 0000 0054 C720

2-3 Prickly Path
A2FC 0000 0054 C76F

2-4 Big Wig's Treefort
C3B6 0000 0054 C7F3

Jaymageck

So as the 3 tracks I've uploaded prior to this have plays but 0 stars I tried to pour much more energy into a course today. The result is this course took about 10 hours across today to make.

The competition out there is crazy. I never thought it'd be so hard to get 1 or 2 stars on a course.

Ayway

The Elevator of Doom.

C34D-0000-0055-09AD

It's a castle level focused on the illusion of vertical height and rising up throughout the castle on elevator platforms, avoiding numerous deadly obstacles. There are 3 secrets paths, although the 2nd does require the 1st to get to, so maybe 2 and a half.

Long Post here, been working through a lot of levels (sorry I'm not quoting anyone, and only using the NNID names).

(Vincent)
Ghost Pit
Good level overall. I like the platforming and that there is nothing unfair and you are not expected to make any blind jumps. The secret way is pretty cool, but highly unlikely to be found without looking at the level overview.
Airship Armageddon
Nothing bad to say here, a real solid level.

(Astro)
DKC's Jungle Hyjinxs
Fun. I loved exploring it. The caves looked great.
Donkey Kong Jr.
This was a great level. The biggest praise I have is that I died a long ways into it and I still wanted to go through the whole thing again to beat it. Most levels do not do that for me. Beautiful aesthetic as well.

(JTyrmi)
Mariovania Stage 1
Super cool aesthetic. I like how the difficulty (which is never over the top or frustrating) ramps up appropriately. As a side note, right before the first door, you can trap yourself by accident by jumping up into the blocks, requiring a reset.
Mariovania Stage 2
Also great. I love how it feels like I’m climbing up higher into a mansion or something.
Mariovania Stage 3
I think this might have been my favorite of the 3. The enemy placement is superb where it required some fun movement, but was totally fair and worked well with this awesome series of levels you have made.

(Robin)
Light and Shadow
Such a great idea and you lead players perfectly where they need to go.
Frozen Ship
A great “real” Mario level. Work wonderful. Would be fun to have a few more bob-ombs running around or coming out of a cannon.
Storming the Pirate Fleet
Great theme. Your auto-scrolling stages are great, with good placement of objects. It was rather easy. I didn’t get until the very end when I got kind of careless. An alternate version with more difficulty would be pretty cool.

(Atram)
Hyrule Reloaded
I liked the clever use of the P-block. I didn’t know it stopped the conveyor belts. Fun level.
Get da Bomb
Pretty cool. Only problem is that if you just let the bomb get far ahead it never has its intended effect at the end because it just disappears.

(Azure)
Underground Mines
I really liked this level despite a very low level of difficulty. It felt like a real Mario stage though, and that’s more important. Great job on being very consistent and disciplined in the elements you chose to use. A follow-up with more difficulty would be really nice!
Noisy Neighbor
Pretty cool stage, feels kind of incomplete at the end like it’s missing something.

(B-Beech)
Steampunk City Shuffle
Hey, you actually made NSMB look pretty good. The abundance of power-ups is appreciated because it is kind of hard to get lost in all the background elements and accidentally be hit by a stray wrench or something. A very fun level.
Rosalina’s Interplanetary Stroll
I have to say, at first I was disinterested. It was easy to lose the scale of the level, but as I explored a little and went into all the pipes, it was fun to see what unique area you would pop into next.
Steampunk Scuba Slam
Pretty fun, but I died late and did not want to go through it again because it’s slow. Not your fault, would be remedied when/if we get checkpoints at some time.

(tkaravou)
Underground grounding
Some pretty good stuff here, but a really frustrating and slow beginning that didn’t keep my interest.

(Leox)
Love Letter to Castles
Nice little level, I enjoyed all the enemies getting brutally killed in the lava without me having to do anything.

(optimiss)
A Song of Fire and Ice
A pretty cool idea with ice everywhere, but a lot of non-optimal design choices. To find the way to proceed you have to take blind chances with no indication. Later after jumping off the goombas with thwomps the coins after that are above lava and not a platform, and you can’t see anything but that so that’s another auto death. Didn’t want to go back and do it again after that.

(time2krill)
MyLil’Yoshi: Friendship is Tragic
I enjoyed this level on the stream a lot. Super awesome, Can’t wait to see more unique levels.

(Mat)
Bob-omb Shooting Gallery
This was also great on stream. Very clever and fun.
Bob-omb Shooting Gallery 2
Hey, this one was fun too! I imagine 3 is in the works?
Spineturtle Cave
Nothing fancy here but ok. I did tense up at the end and used those I-frames, but managed to et it on the first time.

(Daniël)
Dark Paths, Cold Nights
Great aesthetic and the theme stays true throughout. Very good.

(Stormkyl)
The White Dimension
Looks awesome and was fun. Hopefully you can make a longer version with more to do.
Chain Chomp Factory
Really fun way to use all the chomps in different ways. My first level is actually all based on chomps!

(Jorgom)
Bowser's Assembly Plant
Awesome idea and level. I only had one problem. At a certain pivotal fight, I couldn’t figure out, even using all the items available, how to get those four blocks to be broken because the donut platforms grow back incredibly quickly…

I only have one level up as of right now, chain chomp themed, but not aggravating. I would love feedback and/or stars. It's just meant to be a fun level with some hidden paths here and there.

3DD4-0000-003D-783B

GAF levels are miles and miles better than 99% of the rest. Thanks for the fun levels!

Submission for the SMM-GAF Community Contest #1.

Super Climber Bros. 1-1
Code: 69A6-0000-0055-404A

This is definitely a level that's gonna be among the more 'unconventional 1-1s'. Mostly because, since every game tried to put a spin on its 1-1 according to its mechanics, I decided to go down that route too. SMB3's 1-1 is short to acommodate for the limitations of the game, and it's designed around the leaf; SMW's 1-1 is designed around the slopes or Yoshi; NSMBWii's is designed around multiplayer and the Propeller; NSMB2's is designed around the coins - yadda yadda, you know the drill.

So basically I decided to think what my 1-1 would be for. What game is gonna have my stage as its 1-1? Fighting around the vertical limitations, I decided to do exactly that - instead of the usual Mario games, with a huge focus on horizontal levels - what would be a good 1-1 for a game that's mostly vertical? (and thus, wouldn't have nearly as much pits as the other games).

It was certainly a challenge, I think, that probably could be tackled better but I think I did good in teaching the player the mechanics without feeling hand-holding and rewarding the player to go out of his way to learn. All the 'houses' give a reward to the player while teaching him about a concept he'll need later, and helping him practice in a safe environment. I don't know if I did the best job but I'm satisfied with the level either way =P

Would love some feedback on it as well, heh.

I guess I'll share my levels with you, GAF. I'm an indie dev who's been screwing around with making games for about 15 years now (since high school). I've made Mario fangames before, got a minor bit of fame from that.

I pride myself on making levels that follow Nintendo's rule book and difficulty curve for the most part, though not always. I tend to make pretty long levels (by Mario Maker standards), which kind of sucks sometimes given the lack of checkpoints. ANYWAY

9EQSim3.jpg

Average Cave, Not So Offensive: FD1C-0000-002A-14FB
The second level I ever made. A bit cramped. Was really just stretching my legs, poking at limits, etc. A bit haphazard.

ptyXmqd.jpg

MISTER BONESTRIPPER: 7D69-0000-002E-1A03
Named after a crummy hair-metal song from a movie nobody remembers, this is probably the hardest level I've made. There's a bottleneck in the middle I'm not especially proud of. Mario Maker isn't great at keeping certain objects synchronized when they're off screen.

3A0q0Jw.jpg

Find the Goomba cosplayer?: 9EDA-0000-0033-E1F9
An idea I'd had for a Mario Maker level over a month before it came out. It's your average sort of Super Mario Bros. 3 level, with a small twist.

TngOaeR.jpg

Sky Riding: 8ED9-0000-003A-B398
I initially just wanted to play with firebars moving on rails, but it turned in to one of those autoscroller shooting levels people seem to enjoy. Yoshi can eat all kinds of fun stuff, as it turns out. There's a secret block at the start for a propeller hat, if anyone wants a hard mode. Currently my favorite level that I've made.

vvL8LBY.jpg

Ride of the Valkyries: DE8C-0000-00041-3D30
Wigglers are not supposed to be threatening. Bowser is not supposed to ride wigglers. Let's make a level about that. Really felt like I was stretching the limits of what Mario Maker could do. Sometimes things break.

B6UrqiZ.jpg

Prisoner of War: ECF5-0000-004D-BD39
Published just this morning. Saw somebody else's level where you were stuck between two giant goombas, tried my hand at it. Also breaks near the end, sometimes. Probably the biggest level I've ever made, too. Very little wasted space.

man almost two hundred pages with lots of stage, i don't know where to start (already did all the stage in the OP)

some advice for good stages that were uploaded recently?

Jump and Chill?
First attempt at a fail free stage. No bottomless pits, no stabby obstacles, no enemies. Just a stage for running and jumping, collecting coins and 1-ups or locating a couple of bonus areas.

Airship, Airship
IagOmvG.jpg

Free the stolen cargo!
Level tweaked after a bit of Belgian advice.

Tell me what you think!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, playing several Gaf-made levels, and I wanted to give feedback to each of them.

Mariotroid II: Return of Mario
1542-0000-0050-8DB5

Great level. I like how you used Thwomps as P Switch pushers once you reached the specific parts of the levels. Also, the whole "Metroid" feeling with needing specific powerups in order to progress into the level, pretty well realised.

Great job, indeed.

Sorry, I couldn't complete it, but I almost got to the end. Yeah, lack of checkpoints hurts the replayability of levels like yours. Cruel concept, great implementations (especially the slide sections). Friendship is tragic indeed :p
Although, as noticed by others, there's a section where Yoshi can remain stuck in a saw. That makes it impossible to go further. It can be a bit frustrating if you lose Yoshi and you don't ride it again quickly enough. Still, pretty great job :D

Islands of the sky
5BAF-0000-0049-B3C8

A bit easy, but enjoyable. I suppose the whole island being made of ? Blocks was just an artistic choice. In your place, I would've integrated that artistic choice with one gameplay element, like a vine coming out of one ? block (marked by some coins on it) and going high, and from there creating a path for the ? switch you've put in the level. But it's probably a nitpick of mine, don't take it as harsh criticism.

Are you sure that's Reznor?
ID: 4CDE-0000-0052-B2EF

Short, but enjoyable. I liked the callback to Reznor's battle.

(mat)

After popular demand, I made Bob-omb Shooting Gallery 2!

WVW69iZ7vY05-qLc3j

Here's the original, in case you haven't played it:

WVW69iZ7u_4ISa_Giu

spaincrane

Neo Member
So as the 3 tracks I've uploaded prior to this have plays but 0 stars I tried to pour much more energy into a course today. The result is this course took about 10 hours across today to make.

The competition out there is crazy. I never thought it'd be so hard to get 1 or 2 stars on a course.

Ayway

The Elevator of Doom.

C34D-0000-0055-09AD

It's a castle level focused on the illusion of vertical height and rising up throughout the castle on elevator platforms, avoiding numerous deadly obstacles. There are 3 secrets paths, although the 2nd does require the 1st to get to, so maybe 2 and a half.

I didn't want to let this one slip by without comment considering the time and effort you put into it. It's a really solid level and I think you nailed both the platforming and the aesthetics. Plus, it has spooky sound effects. Deserving a star for sure.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Here ya go. Skip past the first few minutes of me blabbering to myself, haha

http://www.twitch.tv/xindicate_gaming/v/16856004

My friend, you've tackled some seriously crazy stages so far :O

Also, have you played that Super Meat Bros stage ? I think you'll love it. Somebody made a level inspired by Super Meatboy and I think it'll be one of those stages you'll like.

BA34-0000-0015-F84C

Actually, I encourage GAFers to try that. It's one of those rare non-GAF stages that's super high quality. I think you guys will love it.

Also, stream it, Kyzon :p

Portalbox

Long Post here, been working through a lot of levels (sorry I'm not quoting anyone, and only using the NNID names).

(Jorgom)
Bowser's Assembly Plant
Awesome idea and level. I only had one problem. At a certain pivotal fight, I couldn’t figure out, even using all the items available, how to get those four blocks to be broken because the donut platforms grow back incredibly quickly…

I only have one level up as of right now, chain chomp themed, but not aggravating. I would love feedback and/or stars. It's just meant to be a fun level with some hidden paths here and there.

3DD4-0000-003D-783B

GAF levels are miles and miles better than 99% of the rest. Thanks for the fun levels!

Thanks so much for the feedback! There's actually a pipe in the boss room that dispenses P Switches. You can carry them to the donut blocks for extra time once the boss is dead.

I'll be checking out your level right now!

Portalbox

WVW69iZ75PUOfetp9m

Finally! Mario is... Missing!?
5E82 0000 0055 72A0

Here's my latest level featuring a simulated prison escape. Hopefully it's not too tough!

~ Diddy Kong's Kong Gloomy Jungle ~

Almost 4 Hours of work, it's an easy, short and solid level, so please ... take a look !

7B44-0000-0053-C416

WVW69iZ72LAdMpnC0g

yep, stars needed :/

Spent some time last night working on another SMB3 tiled stage. I have a fondness for that game the most I think, so I keep revisiting that tile the most it seems.

I haven't seen many stages that have tried something more vertical on all the random ones I've played so far, so I thought I'd try one. I think it turned out alright, and I tried to correct some of the mistakes from my first stage.

It's not a super difficult level, and I try to maintain the style of a traditional Mario stage, rather than do anything too crazy. If anyone would be interested in checking it out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

It's called Pipe Dream. ID: 6876-0000-0055-4389

I'll check it out ^_^

Kyzon

My friend, you've tackled some seriously crazy stages so far :O

Also, have you played that Super Meat Bros stage ? I think you'll love it. Somebody made a level inspired by Super Meatboy and I think it'll be one of those stages you'll like.

BA34-0000-0015-F84C

Actually, I encourage GAFers to try that. It's one of those rare non-GAF stages that's super high quality. I think you guys will love it.

Also, stream it, Kyzon :p

I've played a bit of the stage. I didn't quite get to the end though. It's a really good stage and I LOVED it to death. I'll be sure to give it another go sometime soon. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Also, keep watching. There are some seriously great stages in there.

Portalbox

~ Diddy Kong's Kong Gloomy Jungle ~

Almost 4 Hours of work, it's an easy, short and solid level, so please ... take a look !

7B44-0000-0053-C416

WVW69iZ72LAdMpnC0g

yep, stars needed :/

I just commented on your course, I kept getting stuck midway but I cleared it. Loved the "jungle" motif.

PS: I hate how my levels always end up being the last posts on the page :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Koopa Hill - 9E33-0000-0055-8C19

I've probably took a risk having a level based around Koopa Troopas as a 1-1 level since they require a double hit but then I remembered that Super Mario World's 1-1 had Rex's that required two hits. Also it's designed so you can avoid a lot of them. I actually completed this some days ago but thought I'd rest on it a while. However I feared I'd risk over complicating it by trying to add more so have left it as it was. Of course that is the challenge of a 1-1, when have you got too little and when have you gone too far?

I try to introduce a variety of concepts here: jump heights, pit dangers, shells, secret 1-Ups, sub levels all while still be able to be bested with no use of the run button (though some spots try to encourage the use of it). It also has an optimum path for speed runners hinted at with the level design.

Goes to show the strength of the Mario engine itself though. Even building a simple course can be fun to play through (and of course a weakness since you end up thinking anything you make is fun ha ha).

tomutwit

Neo Member
Thwomp Delivery 2: Magma Courier

Known bug: inescapable platform at the spawn. Don't jump up!

772C-0000-0049-9A0E

3 1-Up Challenges to beat, and about 2/3 puzzles (they're kind of fluid, not really separate) in the main level. It's all about Flying Thwomps again!

If you haven't played Thwomp Delivery Service, you might like to play that first to get used to the idea of Thwomps being useful. 3354-0000-002E-2B4C

bbe9sw3.png

s6gxC4s.png

gn0BtXQ.jpg

AniHawk

new level in the style of a smb3 1-1 level (which starts as a semi-faithful reproduction from memory)... with a twist. designed to be easy for people who can fly, and more difficult, but doable for those who cannot.

meant to play with a couple different ideas. i may have come across a new one i really like, but i'm not sure how to work it in to a fuller level yet.

Top Bottom