• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

RK128

Hi

jqwa96J.gif

late reaction to news and stuff

Miku X AND a port of Arcade! :D
Yoru No Nai Kuni localization! :D
Gravity Rush 2! :D
Ni-Oh! :D
Persona 5 D:
FF XV :|
Seiken Densetsu remake :| (I was sooo hyped for that as well, FFA is my favourite GB game :( )

Probably forgot something cool

Some EU news I don't think anyone posted here yet:

- Trails SC got a USK rating a while ago, so I'm having hopes that it'll get a simultaneous EU release (and soon)
- NISA put up a release date of December 4th for Cold Steel on amazon.co.uk and they're not too bad at keeping those dates. I guess it depends on XSEED keeping their schedule

I mostly played MGSV last month and I'm really looking forward to October with Disgaea 5, DQH and Zestiria (even though I have very low expectations for that one..)
Not much happening on the Vita front. We really need some new localization announcements. I'm getting a bit worried.

Welcome back to Gaf buddy :D!

I'm not that happy with TGS news myself (bitter about GR2) and the stuff I would be excited about (Vita and PS4/Vita games) I can't be excited about because I have no idea if they will be localized or not. If anything, they might end up like Yoru no Nai Kuni and not come out on Vita in the west (even though it got a Vita version in JP).

I am happy with the PS4-exclusive announcement of KH II.8 though :). A teaser for KH3 alongside re-playing KH3D again? Sounds good to me :D!

TOTP: Haven't reached this in a while XD! Everyone play through the Shovel Knight Pauge of Shadows Update and have fun with Pauge Knights new mechanics :).

Welcome back to Gaf buddy :D!

I'm not that happy with TGS news myself (bitter about GR2) and the stuff I would be excited about (Vita and PS4/Vita games) I can't be excited about because I have no idea if they will be localized or not. If anything, they might end up like Yoru no Nai Kuni and not come out on Vita in the west (even though it got a Vita version in JP).

I am happy with the PS4-exclusive announcement of KH II.8 though :). A teaser for KH3 alongside re-playing KH3D again? Sounds good to me :D!

I'm at the "acceptance" stage of my grief about the Vita's alive/dead/undead status.

I love it to death and would like it to get new games forever, but if a complete transition to PS4 is necessary for us to get new Japanese console games and not end up with a mobile only future, I will support it. In the end the games are more important, and the overall market situation just isn't very pretty.

So I can't really be mad about GR2 or YNNK (which may end up coming to Vita after all). I think those two will be better experiences on the PS4 anyway. I mostly want a few more turn-based RPGs, VNs and rhythm games for the Vita. That's where the system shines imo.

RK128

I'm at the "acceptance" stage of my grief about the Vita's alive/dead/undead status.

I love it to death and would like it to get new games forever, but if a complete transition to PS4 is necessary for us to get new Japanese console games and not end up with a mobile only future, I will support it. In the end the games are more important, and the overall market situation just isn't very pretty.

So I can't really be mad about GR2 or YNNK (which may end up coming to Vita after all). I think those two will be better experiences on the PS4 anyway. I mostly want a few more turn-based RPGs, VNs and rhythm games for the Vita. That's where the system shines imo.

I am at the acceptance stage too (only upset about YNNK due to a Vita version existing in JP, so that game has no excuse not to come out on Vita in US/EU as well); if the Vita gets a lot of games, great :D! If not, I have a massive backlog to play through regardless :).

Considering I have plans to get a PS4 in the future, I shouldn't be bitter about GR2, but considering its Sony's game (and they have a lot already coming on PS4), it would have been nice if they threw Vita owners a bone with a Vita version of GR2 :l. Still, complaining about that is like beating a dead horse; not worth talking about anymore.

I would love for JP games to get huge traction in the west thanks to PS4 support, so if that is what it takes, then I am mostly okay with it. Just want at least one more year of strong Vita support from JP third parties, then if they want to ditch the Vita....I understand if there PS4 ventures are successful.

Don't get me wrong I love my Vita but I don't play games for the system alone. I used to be an exclusively handheld guy, but I am slowly starting to convert myself to the PS4. I've played most of the console games I bought to completion this year. Can't say the same about the Vita. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks to come though, with P4D, Corpse Party, Trails and SAO.

Is flash to blame for the strange looking animations that you'll find in most 2D games today?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about I'm referring to the type of animation that is feels like vanillaware's trademark. Animation that uses good looking parts of a character, that in it self doesn't move, but instead the whole part move and imo creates some sort of animations uncanny valley.

This type of animation makes stellar idle animations but less impressive movement or attack animation.

The reason to why I'm asking this question is because when I was watching the combat video of the upcoming vita game Zodiac, I was having a hard time to see if the attacks were hitting or if the enemies were dodging the attacks. I think the way vanillaware are solving this problem is that they stop the animation on the enemy that you hit and they also give you a visual hint in the form of making the enemy flash white for a moment.

While vanillaware have crazy good artists this type of animation have been picked up by a lot of developers that just make arms and legs separate pieces (that don't have any animation) and create movement by moving the pieces like you do when you're making a stop motion movie.

Am I the only one being bothered by this?

bobohoro

Welcome back Yian!

Some EU news I don't think anyone posted here yet:

- Trails SC got a USK rating a while ago, so I'm having hopes that it'll get a simultaneous EU release (and soon)

Hope is suffering. I'm pretty confident that neither simultaneous nor soon will happen.

;(

Zestiria (even though I have very low expectations for that one..)

Yeah, if it weren't for the low price on amazon a while ago, I might have ignored it for now, but oh well. Can't be worse than Hearts R at least.

I'm also kinda disappointed by Oreshika. I played for ~8 hours, found it kinda fun but nothing special. Haven't gone back in weeks now though, since I just don't really care much for it and have better stuff to play. I think the overall game structure just isn't for me, feels kinda aim- and highlightless.

MGSV/Bloodborne/Pirate Warriors 3 have been keeping me busy for a long time now, and probably will until early October at least. And I have about 5 Light Novels to go through before I can finally start Steins;Gate.

Tizoc

Hope is suffering. I'm pretty confident that neither simultaneous nor soon will happen.

;(

The game is releasing soon, it showed up on Steam Database, just have the money ready for it so you buy it and tehn realize you hadn't finished First Chapter yet and both games remain on your Vita as you go about playing all the other hot Vita releases :V

Saphirax

Welcome back Yian!

;(

Yeah, if it weren't for the low price on amazon a while ago, I might have ignored it for now, but oh well. Can't be worse than Hearts R at least.

I'm also kinda disappointed by Oreshika. I played for ~8 hours, found it kinda fun but nothing special. Haven't gone back in weeks now though, since I just don't really care much for it and have better stuff to play. I think the overall game structure just isn't for me, feels kinda aim- and highlightless.

MGSV/Bloodborne/Pirate Warriors 3 have been keeping me busy for a long time now, and probably will until early October at least. And I have about 5 Light Novels to go through before I can finally start Steins;Gate.

I don't think we'll have to wait that long for SC. Shame we only have placeholder dates for both games still.

My delusional theory is that the PSP version is fully complete and the delay is caused by the PC port, so they decided to do the EU ratings and cert while that is being fixed and the gap between EU and US will at least be much smaller than usual.

Simultaneous might be a bit too optimistic though.
The 43,79€ one on amazon.de? That's the only reason I'm getting the game day 1 as well haha. I still fully expect to drop it pretty quickly, but maybe itll surprise me.

I had the same feelings about Oreshika btw, love the idea and the graphics and had a few good hours with it, but the progression system just isn't for me. I doubt I'll go back to it, sadly. Too much randomness and time constraints for my liking as well.

Saphirax

My delusional theory is that the PSP version is fully complete and the delay is caused by the PC port, so they decided to do the EU ratings and cert while that is being fixed and the gap between EU and US will at least be much smaller than usual.

Simultaneous might be a bit too optimistic though.

The 43,79€ one on amazon.de? That's the only reason I'm getting the game day 1 as well haha. I still fully expect to drop it pretty quickly, but maybe itll surprise me.

I had the same feelings about Oreshika btw, love the idea and the graphics and had a few good hours with it, but the progression system just isn't for me. I doubt I'll go back to it, sadly. Too much randomness and time constraints for my liking as well.

Visually Oreshika is stunning. I wish we'd get more games with that artstyle. I'm one (two) bosses away from finishing the game, not counting post game content and I just can't do it. I honestly think constantly replacing your party members gets really tiring, especially since you have to level up new ones. A lot of randomness involved as well. Kinda dampens the whole experience :(.

Visually Oreshika is stunning. I wish we'd get more games with that artstyle. I'm one (two) bosses away from finishing the game, not counting post game content and I just can't do it. I honestly think constantly replacing your party members gets really tiring, especially since you have to level up new ones. A lot of randomness involved as well. Kinda dampens the whole experience :(.

The characters just age too fast and it's tied to how much you explore the dungeons. With these fixes I could have enjoyed the game a lot more

- Characters live for a fixed number of dungeons instead of a duration influenced by exploration time. I love to explore stuff and this just killed that for me. After 4-5 dungeons they die and/or have to reproduce. There can be events that lengthen or shorten that duration

- Random weapon drops shouldn't be locked behind arbitrary and secret requirements. I still don't understand why it was like that. You can see the items in the slots but you can't get them and aren't told the requirements. So dumb.

Even with those two changes I think I would have liked the game and finished it.
It should be available for everyone from today.

It's not :(
I think it has to do with age rating of the game (16+)

gh10mfj.png

Fucking PSN

nampad

Seems like the Philippines are really into Sony handhelds. The PSP was mentioned by name as a device that needs to be scanned separately at the airport. There was no mention of other gaming devices, the PSP was singled out, which was kind of weird.
I also saw a kid playing a Vita in public ;)

ESRB and PEGI have gone up with some new ratings

ESRB - Crossroad Crisis (PS1 classic)

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=34161&Title=Crossroad Crisis

ESRB - Shooter Space Shot (PS1 classic)

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=34159&Title=Shooter Space Shot

PEGI - Electronic Super Joy (apparently this one was already announced)

Electronic Super Joy
LOOT INTERACTIVE
The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 16 years and over only.
It contains: Strong language
System: PlayStation Vita
Genre: Action

autoduelist

The characters just age too fast and it's tied to how much you explore the dungeons. With these fixes I could have enjoyed the game a lot more

- Characters live for a fixed number of dungeons instead of a duration influenced by exploration time. I love to explore stuff and this just killed that for me. After 4-5 dungeons they die and/or have to reproduce. There can be events that lengthen or shorten that duration

- Random weapon drops shouldn't be locked behind arbitrary and secret requirements. I still don't understand why it was like that. You can see the items in the slots but you can't get them and aren't told the requirements. So dumb.

Even with those two changes I think I would have liked the game and finished it.

I didn't finish it either; the progression system made me focus my time in the wrong place (family leveling) rather than dungeon exploration. Like you said, i'd prefer a certain number of dungeons rather than purely time based.

That said, the actual time constraints didn't really bother me too much since you can just try any timed event the 'next year'. It didn't stress me out like Atelier does...

I was also playing on the hardest setting, where character progression takes far longer, so i just burnt out in the end. I want to absolutely, positively love it, and i did for awhile... but i was unable to finish (and i finish almost everything). Maybe I'll go back...

RK128

guys

guys

cx9NlcS.png

Its amazing news :D!

I am getting that day-one when it comes out; I want the game to shine on PSN, so not only do we also get MML2 but hopefully Capcom releases something new in the Legends series in the future (not likely, but always good to be hopeful :D).

Either way, this makes up for any issues I had with TGS this year, so I can't wait finally play this PS1 classic next week :D.

Never played the series before outside of Tron Bone (thanks to PSN), so I really am excited to play a PS1 Classic I never tried out in the past :).

incpdo

Its amazing news :D!

I am getting that day-one when it comes out; I want the game to shine on PSN, so not only do we also get MML2 but hopefully Capcom releases something new in the Legends series in the future (not likely, but always good to be hopeful :D).

Either way, this makes up for any issues I had with TGS this year, so I can't wait finally play this PS1 classic next week :D.

Never played the series before outside of Tron Bone (thanks to PSN), so I really am excited to play a PS1 Classic I never tried out in the past :).
Holyyyyy shiiit . im just praying they bring the 2nd game as well

bobohoro

The game is releasing soon, it showed up on Steam Database, just have the money ready for it so you buy it and tehn realize you hadn't finished First Chapter yet and both games remain on your Vita as you go about playing all the other hot Vita releases :V

I don't think we'll have to wait that long for SC. Shame we only have placeholder dates for both games still.

EU here. We will suffer delays and strange happenings preventing us from getting the game any time soon. It's only natural.

;(

Had to double check, thought the low price was on co.uk. Now I'm actually not so sure about holding onto my pre-order anymore, even for 43€, since I don't like having my game cases in German.

And I won't drop it that quickly, I never do with Tales games, I always end up playing them until the final boss or dungeon, only to realise that all the potential that has been there in the beginning never is realised.

And I fully agree on the Oreshika points, just ain't for me either.

BHK3

Banned
Question, does this not include the challenge map pack and harley quinns revenge: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en..._term=so-ga-159&utm_content=Weekly_Store_Post ?

If so how annoying, seems like I need to get the disc no matter what unless they drop all the DLC to a dollar each...

Also I made the awful terrible no good decision and buying a PS4 with a few games and it's here now...but I don't want to play it because I have a huge ps3 backlog...yet its eating away at me to play Super Stardust Ultra and Driveclub D: D: D:

Powwa

Shame that you guys didn't like Oreshika.
Still my Vita game of the year, such a good game.

Art direction, animations, cutscenes, music were awesome. However like other members mentioned "family" system became too trying to for me. And farming for devotion doing same stuff over and over again is not fun. While it is an original idea, I like to level my characters and farm for rare equipment, I just didn't like the feeling of starting over every few hours.

I think with a few tweaks the game could be much better.

Btw, Lost Dimension's dub is horrible, wish they could offer the JP voices as downloadable on store just like DR:AE.

Takao

Banned
It's very reassuring to see big publishers still pushing to release their cream-of-crop PS1 releases on PSN. The lack of PSP sets a nasty precedent, though. Who knows when it'll be Vita's turn. Hopefully not for a long, long time.

I'm not sure the lack of PSP is anything to be concerned about. We've gotten a few PSone Classics from Agetec in the last week and all work on it. There are some reports that PSP chugs when emulating MML, so it might just be that.

RK128

It's very reassuring to see big publishers still pushing to release their cream-of-crop PS1 releases on PSN. The lack of PSP sets a nasty precedent, though. Who knows when it'll be Vita's turn. Hopefully not for a long, long time.

I'm willing to bet that its either due to control issues (as you are missing L2/R2 buttons and a Right Stick) and/or performance issues with the PS1 emulator for PSP (though the Vita uses the same hardware the PSP uses......).

Either way, they could re-upload the game to NA PSN in the future that supports the PSP, but who knows :l.

The Vita will not be missing out on PS1 classics; you have enough buttons and customization to allow any game to work on PS Vita, the hardware is more than powerful enough to run the PS1 emulator and its part of the 'modern' Sony systems (PS3, PS4, Vita).

PSP is still supported thanks to it having a emulator that works well with most PS1 games.

I wouldn't worry until this becomes a common deal honestly.

Hikami

Art direction, animations, cutscenes, music were awesome. However like other members mentioned "family" system became too trying to for me. And farming for devotion doing same stuff over and over again is not fun. While it is an original idea, I like to level my characters and farm for rare equipment, I just didn't like the feeling of starting over every few hours.

I didn't have any problem with that. You're not supposed to feel like you're "starting over" unless you kept mating with the same weak god. You're supposed to be able to take on more difficult enemies as your family grows stronger. They earn more devotion much faster and you get to do the rite with stronger gods. The festivals and events also gave you a ton of devotion. Had my family maxed out on stats before I even finished the game.

The only problem I had with the game really is going through dungeons. No sense of direction at all since there was no map, places looked very similar, and you were on a time limit so you could hardly explore to learn the layout.

Btw, Lost Dimension's dub is horrible, wish they could offer the JP voices as downloadable on store just like DR:AE.

My thoughts exactly, game is fantastic but it becomes a chore late game, that's what made me drop the game entirely.

Also is the Megaman Collection coming* to retail soon?

autoduelist

Also I made the awful terrible no good decision and buying a PS4 with a few games and it's here now...but I don't want to play it because I have a huge ps3 backlog...yet its eating away at me to play Super Stardust Ultra and Driveclub D: D: D:

Just look at it as freeing you from the insurmountable PS3 backlog. I own hundreds of games on my PS3 that I now no longer have to be stressed out about never playing! All that stress can sit firmly with my Vita, PS4, and Steam backlogs!

There a huge amount of new sales on EU PSN
Mostly PSX, PSP and PS2 classics but not only that

Includes stuff like Crash, all the Suikodens, Claduns, Gradius V and a lot more. Check if the PSX Classic you want has some 50Hz/black border problems before purchasing though.

There's also Hatoful Boyfriend for 50% off, Skullgirls 2nd Encore 40% off, Nova-111 50% off (talk about bomba), Tembo 50% off

https://psprices.com/region-de/discounts?platform=all&sort=date&page=1

Its a pretty great theme. I love the music.

Too lazy to move the bubbles lol sorry
What BGM track does it come with?

Tizoc

Includes stuff like Crash, all the Suikodens, Claduns, Gradius V and a lot more. Check if the PSX Classic you want has some 50Hz/black border problems before purchasing though.

There's also Hatoful Boyfriend for 50% off, Skullgirls 2nd Encore 40% off, Nova-111 50% off (talk about bomba)

Can you make a thread about that? FYI some PSone PAL games were optimized for 50 Hz and a few PS2 PAL games have 60 Hz option.

Putosaure

What are the odds to get the PSX version of Ape Escape on the EU/US store ? JP has it, and I just crave to play it.

I might as well go with the inferior PSP version especially now that it's on sale but hey.

Tizoc

Fale alaram, Jeanne d'arc is installed on my Vita :D

What are the odds to get the PSX version of Ape Escape on the EU/US store ? JP has it, and I just crave to play it.

I might as well go with the inferior PSP version especially now that it's on sale but hey.

What makes inferior? Is it the change of the analog controls?

Putosaure

What makes inferior? Is it the change of the analog controls?

I guess so, I played the original back in the days and I can't imagine how it plays without the delicious dual analog control. How about the paddling ? The side mini games (skiing, boxing,...) ?

Nightbird

There's also Hatoful Boyfriend for 50% off, Skullgirls 2nd Encore 40% off, Nova-111 50% off (talk about bomba), Tembo 50% off

Oh God...

Metal Gear Solid for 5 Bucks, Persona 3 Portable for 10 Bucks, Hatoful Boyfriend for 7 Bucks,

i intended not to spend any more Money on the Vita, and then this happens!

I will buy MGS, so i will get into the Series, and thats it! No more please >.<

Oh God...

Metal Gear Solid for 5 Bucks, Persona 3 Portable for 10 Bucks, Hatoful Boyfriend for 7 Bucks,

i intended not to spend any more Money on the Vita, and then this happens!

I will buy MGS, so i will get into the Series, and thats it! No more please >.<

Your profile says you're from Germany, so be careful because the MGS version on German PSN has a German dub and it's the worst thing you'll ever hear in your life
Get it from US PSN if you want to get into the series properly

Nightbird

Your profile says you're from Germany, so be careful because the MGS version on German PSN has a German dub and it's the worst thing you'll ever hear in your life
Get it from US PSN if you want to get into the series properly

Is it really that bad? I mean, i saw the first few Minutes in a Video that a friend showed me, and i didn't think it was that bad

but then again, i have always a very low expectation for Voice acting in Games >.>

Top Bottom