• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

ZeroAKA

q3Iuxe6.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

September 1
  • Armello (PS4)
  • Dangitgranpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita)
  • Grow Home (PS4)
  • Mad Max (PS4)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, PS3)
  • Nobunga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence (PS4, PS3)
  • Xeodrifter (PS4, Vita)
  • Zombie Vikings (PS4)
September 8
  • Ascendant (PS4)
  • Hyper Void (PS4)
  • Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)
September 15
  • Castles (PS4)
  • Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, PS3)
  • NHL 16 (PS4)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (PS4, PS3)
September 20
  • Skylanders Superchargers (PS4, PS3)
September 22
  • Blood Bowl 2 (PS4)
  • FIFA 16 (PS4, PS3)
  • Soma (PS4)
September 29
  • Grand Ages Medieval (PS4)
  • Lego Dimensions (PS4, PS3)
  • NBA 2K16 (PS4, PS3)
  • NBA Live 16 (PS4)
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita)
  • Samurai Warriors 4-II (PS4)
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Grow Home (PS4)
  • La Mulana (Vita)
  • Super Time Force Ultra (PS4)
  • Teslagrad (PS4, PS3)
  • Twisted Metal (PS3)
  • Xeodrifter (PS4,Vita)

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

UAQqoDT.png

Woo new thread indeed.

September is going to be such an insane month for my wallet...

DanganRonpa; Metal Gear Solid & Tearaway (though I may wait on that one). Then I'm importing Resident Evil; Samurai Warriors & Nobunaga's Ambition for Vita (providing the latter is real, if not I'll buy for PS4). I'm also picking up Grand Ages Medieval, but probably down the line.

Phew.

Saphirax

And to carry this on from the previous thread:

No way can I see this staying Vita exclusive. I'd imagine TGS re-reveal gameplay, PS4/Vita.

Most likely. Regardless, we're finally getting some info!

Also, does anyone know if anything came from that Star Ocean 2 for the vita rumor?

Hikami

• Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita)
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita)
at last
I've been addicted to Dark Souls (1 and 2) for the past month, will be nice to finally take a break from those and play something else.

DanganRonpa and P4DAN are all that matter this month.

No way can I see this staying Vita exclusive. I'd imagine TGS re-reveal gameplay, PS4/Vita.

I'd imagine Saga will be on PS4 at some point but it could be a Digimon/Toukiden situation where the PS4 version is made if they plan on releasing it in the West.

Prelude.

Why, exactly? They announced it at the end of 2014, what happened in 8 months that they would put it on another platform? Clearly, if the game had a big enough budget or scope it'd have been on PS4 right from the start. If anything, between now and then, we have 3 more SE titles announced for Vita.

It's the September thread!

B19uidP.gif

Busy month for me. School, plus Danganronpa tomorrow, Destiny patch 2.0 next week, then The Taken King expansion, then P4D. Shieeeet.

Why, exactly? They announced it at the end of 2014, what happened in 8 months that they would put it on another platform? Clearly, if the game had a big enough budget or scope it'd have been on PS4 right from the start. If anything, between now and then, we have 3 more SE titles announced for Vita.

A Vita exclusive doesn't really seem very in character of them any more (did it ever?). Vita seems to be a multi-plat focus - either with PS3/PS4 (Dragon Quest Heroes/Builders; World of Final Fantasy) or iOS/Android (Rise of Mana; Chaos Rings). Arguably that became apparent in the past 12 months with the E3 and onwards reveals.

On top of the fact that they seem to be trying to bring every game they possibly can to the platform whether it fits or not. Don't see why this one would escape that catchment net.

Kudo

I was completely lost in thought thinking Dragon Quest Heroes was this month.. I guess Destiny TTK, Danganronpa and MGSV for me this month, not bad.

Sabas

Banned
Tearaway Unfolded next week!
And it's going to be forgotten like the Vita version ;_;

Still playing DT2 and if I could find my copy of Danganronpa 1 I'd play that on my Vita too. On my PS4, Grow Home via PS+ and eventually MGSV
that I won \o/

Zephyx

Getting DR:AE most likely tomorrow and P4D when it releases. It's a pretty stale month for the Vita. Hope we get some good news when TGS comes around.

For JP, it's possible as Vita is still a "healthy" system over there. If it ever gets localized, it will most likely be PS4/Vita.

Prelude.

A Vita exclusive doesn't really seem very in character of them any more (did it ever?). Vita seems to be a multi-plat focus - either with PS3/PS4 (Dragon Quest Heroes/Builders; World of Final Fantasy) or iOS/Android (Rise of Mana; Chaos Rings). Arguably that became apparent in the past 12 months with the E3 and onwards reveals.

On top of the fact that they seem to be trying to bring every game they possibly can to the platform whether it fits or not. Don't see why this one would escape that catchment net.
Last year, during a SE investors meeting, before SaGa's announcement, they explicitly said they were going to support the Vita with more games and we're seeing it right now. It doesn't seems that weird that they have certain games that will push the platform. They have a bajillion already announced for the ps4, do they really need another one? It's most likely gonna be just a waste of money for Japan. It's not exactly a smart business decision either, they'd keep pushing themselves into an expensive home console development environment only.

Yay September! Can not wait for TGS, I still have some faith in Sony
Japan
in that they'll announce a Vita-3000! I've already bought Danganronpa 1 and 2 on pure VitaGAF hype and I'll pick up the spinoff too, also P4D, and Steins;Gate, and... God how can people say Vita has no games!

Yasumi

Banned
Danganronpa AE and Metal Gear Solid 5 go to the frontlog, Ar Nosurge and Steins;Gate currently sit in the sidelog, and Neps are lost to the backlog. Looking forward to tomorrow.

kevin1025

Banned
Tearaway Unfolded next week!
And it's going to be forgotten like the Vita version ;_;

Still playing DT2 and if I could find my copy of Danganronpa 1 I'd play that on my Vita too. On my PS4, Grow Home via PS+ and eventually MGSV
that I won \o/

I'm extremely excited for Tearaway Unfolded! No one is talking about it, which is not cool. I really enjoyed the Vita game, and an expanded, prettier console version sounds perfect after two massive games coming out this week.

I've been puttering away at the first Danganronpa, and I'm liking it a lot. The first major moment really made me sad (keeping that as vague as possible), and I like where the story is progressing. I'm still in the first chapter, so still quite a lot to go still. The standout so far is the music, some of it is absolutely incredible.

RedRum

Banned
Hey all. I will be ordering a new PS4 tomorrow and will definitely be getting PS+. Could not find another thread to ask but I was going to order the base model off amazon but wondering if there are any decent bundles right now.

autoduelist

Mad Max, DT2 (continued), and backlog for me I think.

So much backlog. So much backlog.

But I wouldn't deserve my avatar if I didn't buy Mad Max day 1 to show my support for vehicular combat.

batrush

Really poor use of color on those new vitas.
I just don't get the appeal of rhythm games.

Some folks like fast-paced gameplay paired with good music. Others enjoy them as a means to interact with the music they like. Not hard to understand.

kevin1025

Banned
Isn't Adrift coming September 1st as well? Or have they pushed that one back? I remember back at E3 they said the 1st.

As for me, I have Mad Max and Metal Gear arriving tomorrow (today technically!), Tearaway next Tuesday, and the PS+ games. I might pick up Soma, but with all of the fall games, I might just wait till Christmastime, same with Dancing All Night.

Plus when there's a flash sale I'll probably be a nut and buy things I don't need.

Hurray new thread!

Yasumi

Banned
That's okay, I've got a new found respect for her after beating Ultra Despair Girls.
She is indeed the best.

Sony/Gamestop actually acknowledging the Vita for being a VN/JRPG machine. Is this really life?
GameStop page said:
Get Your Hands on a Universe of Over 1000 PlayStation Games
The PS Vita system features more than 1,000 PlayStation titles, including PS Vita narrative adventures, high-rated indie games, and exclusive JRPGS, and PS one®, and PSP® system classics.

Top Bottom