• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unless the account has nothing paid associated with it, probably the best to keep it around just in case. If you're only on PS4, you can use the "Real Name" feature to sort of change the username (create a fake Facebook account with the username you want and then connect it to the PS4, you'll have to send real name requests to all your friends though.

I bought a few things here and there, but for the most part I used my US account, which I need to keep around as it's my PS+ account. Once I get a reply to the message I've already sent, I'll try my luck at requesting a name change, categorically stating that I realise I'll lose everything. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I bought a few things here and there, but for the most part I used my US account, which I need to keep around as it's my PS+ account. Once I get a reply to the message I've already sent, I'll try my luck at requesting a name change, categorically stating that I realise I'll lose everything. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Good luck with that. It'd probably be easier to just hack into PSN to change your name. I mean, if North Korea could do it...

RK128

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers in October:
  • Broken Age (PS4/Vita)
  • Chariot (PS3)
  • Kickbeat (PS3/Vita)
  • Kung Fu Rabbit (PS3/Vita)
  • Super Meat Boy (PS4/Vita)
  • Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3/Vita)
  • Driveclub (PS4) – expires October 6
Next round of invites and new thread will go up tonight.

Honestly, not a bad line up :).

Super Meat Boy is something I have been really looking foward to playing (always wanted to play it but didn't own a 360).

Broken Age is fantastic, as I was going to get it around launch but it was too pricey (25 bucks). Now that its 'free', will give it a shot in a heartbeat :D!

Kickbeat and Kung Fu Rabbit are games I own already for a very long time, but its nice they are on Plus; very enjoyable, abit simple games :). Kickbeat lets you use your own music if you beat the game, so that makes it really fun :D!

Know nothing about the other games.....but I will try them out on my PS4 when I have the time :).

Super Meat Boy is cool. Rest not so much.

Kung Fu Rabbit is a Super Meat Boy clone so it is weird that is being given away in the same month.

Didn't like Kickbeat.

Broken Age looks too serious for the adventure games I play and looks unfun.

I'll give Unmechanical Extended a try but I don't need to play another puzzle game.

Chariot looks like a frustrating mess.

I don't agree.

I think that kickbeat is a great alternative rhythm game and the ability to add your own tracks is interesting (didn't try that myself but I remember a thread with beat data for popular songs somewhere on the creators forum).

Super meatboy seems like a perfect match for the vita so I hope that the port is flawless.

Haven't played kung fu rabbit.

I have only played the first part of broken age but I liked what I've played and as a point & click appreciator back in the good old (Amiga) days I find it to be a great continuation of an old tradition.

Chariot seems like fun but I haven't played that one either.

Unmechanical looks a little generic to me but I will give it a shot.

RK128

After playing a good hour of Legends, I have to say, I am very impressed with the game :D!

The presentation is really damn impressive for the PS1; the character designs and models look fantastic and have a lot of style, the animations are lively and the facial expressions are way ahead of its times (compare this to Metal Gear Solid 1; night and day difference).

The music is catchy but the dungeon areas have a lot of ambiance instead of the up-beat tunes you expect out of most Mega Man games, but it works considering how you are supposed to feel un-ease with the locations you are in.

The gameplay is something that really impressed me honestly; for a series that had very strict 2D roots, they did a outstanding job working with the PS1 tech in creating a great game engine and strong core gameplay.

While you don't have analog control, you have two ways to move around; the D-Pad (or Left Stick on Vita) and L1/R1 (or Right Stick thanks to Vita). You can move in all eight directions with the D-Pad but you are always facing foward, with L1/R1 changing where you are looking. Then you have a lock on button with R2 (R on Vita) that locks in you place but you can look around and have better aiming.

This set up really impressed me, as it is far advanced than other games of that era....and this came out BEFORE games like Jet Force Gemini and Zelda OoT (both games that really took a lot from from Legends mechanics-wise) that introduced refinements and other gameplay ideas based on Legends ideas.

And the gameplay doesn't feel dated, even though its clearly rooted in the past where these systems never were really used before. Plus having custom controls on Vita/PS TV really helps things too :D.

The humor and charm of this game is very strong as well and while I'm not that far in, the VA so far has been very impressive and my experience with Tron Bone showed me how fun this world can become :).

I love this game and I am so happy I can FINALLY play it XD! Just a word of thought though; there is steep frame-rate drops during the Market section of the Island and if you set things to 'Fast Disk Read' the textures get all bugged-out.

Edit: Saw some gameplay of Unmechanical on YouTube and....man, it looks interesting :). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTxtox-Aic

I love the music that plays and I am interested in seeing how the flying mechanics work out.

incpdo

After playing a good hour of Legends, I have to say, I am very impressed with the game :D!

The presentation is really damn impressive for the PS1; the character designs and models look fantastic and have a lot of style, the animations are lively and the facial expressions are way ahead of its times (compare this to Metal Gear Solid 1; night and day difference).

The music is catchy but the dungeon areas have a lot of ambiance instead of the up-beat tunes you expect out of most Mega Man games, but it works considering how you are supposed to feel un-ease with the locations you are in.

The gameplay is something that really impressed me honestly; for a series that had very strict 2D roots, they did a outstanding job working with the PS1 tech in creating a great game engine and strong core gameplay.

While you don't have analog control, you have two ways to move around; the D-Pad (or Left Stick on Vita) and L1/R1 (or Right Stick thanks to Vita). You can move in all eight directions with the D-Pad but you are always facing foward, with L1/R1 changing where you are looking. Then you have a lock on button with R2 (R on Vita) that locks in you place but you can look around and have better aiming.

This set up really impressed me, as it is far advanced than other games of that era....and this came out BEFORE games like Jet Force Gemini and Zelda OoT (both games that really took a lot from from Legends mechanics-wise) that introduced refinements and other gameplay ideas based on Legends ideas.

And the gameplay doesn't feel dated, even though its clearly rooted in the past where these systems never were really used before. Plus having custom controls on Vita/PS TV really helps things too :D.

The humor and charm of this game is very strong as well and while I'm not that far in, the VA so far has been very impressive and my experience with Tron Bone showed me how fun this world can become :).

I love this game and I am so happy I can FINALLY play it XD! Just a word of thought though; there is steep frame-rate drops during the Market section of the Island and if you set things to 'Fast Disk Read' the textures get all bugged-out.

Edit: Saw some gameplay of Unmechanical on YouTube and....man, it looks interesting :). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTxtox-Aic

I love the music that plays and I am interested in seeing how the flying mechanics work out.
Great review. I live this game. I have finished plenty of times . and the creepy dungeons are really the best of the game. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow , again . so I can play it on the go. It's an awesome underrated game.

I bought God of War Saga (The collection of the games between one and three) a few years back since it was a bargain and had been meaning to try them. I only just now wanted to try the PSP entries, which I realised are not actually on the disc. You have to redeem them using a code on the sleeve that comes in the game case. The sleeve states that the code expires after March 2013. I redeemed the code today, and as far a I can tell, it is downloading as (not) expected. So I am curious what this means? Are the expiry dates not a hard deadline and just a (in the case of) "the game was removed from PSN, and we gave you an expiry date, so we have no obligation to compensate you in any way" kind of thing?

edit: Wrong timing

Top Bottom