• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yep, wouldn't comment otherwise.
Then you have absolutely no clue what a reskin means. It certainly doesn't mean a complete change in underlying technology like from BF4 to SW:BF.

You can call it absolute gobble gobble shit or whatever, but a reskin it is not.

It's game breaking for me being 900p. I could overlook it when BF4 was out...2 years ago but now...with a game that seems like a reskin...hype evaporated...

Maybe play the damn game first. Even if its 900p, you'll never notice in motion. Its a much cleaner IQ than BF4 or Hardline.

The beta will probably be up in around 10 hours in NZ, right? I saw this happen with the FIFA 16 demo and a couple other games in the past.

Logsi

Then you have absolutely no clue what a reskin means. It certainly doesn't mean a complete change in underlying technology like from BF4 to SW:BF.

You can call it absolute gobble gobble shit or whatever, but a reskin it is not.

Perhaps i was being facetious but to me it feels very similar in gameplay, look and feel.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Maybe play the damn game first. Even if its 900p, you'll never notice in motion. Its a much cleaner IQ than BF4 or Hardline.

Coming from X1 where all those games are 720p, it looks noticeably worse in the IQ department.

Man I can't decide between first and third person. Third person is great because of the greater viewing range but first person makes it so much more immersive. What are you guys doing?

Played for a bit on Xbox One. My younger brother and I took turns playing the Drop Zone mission on Sullust, and then played splitscreen in the Tatooine Suvival mission. It's pretty fun so far. Looks gorgeous, too.

We'll play more later. It's 6:36 AM and we haven't gotten any sleep yet. Hah.

Agree. 900p in this one isnt really noticable. The 720p on XboxOne sadly are noticable, especially on Sellust. Hoth WA isnt that blurry

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Random Hoth shots.

s14zqsp.png

s396qcr.png

s268qo1.png

s4ujqx7.png

Ark

Honestly the one game of Drop Zone I played this morning has made me go from 'looking forward to this' to 'I need this day one'.

So good.

Does anyone know if there's a "hardcore" mode like there is in battlefield games? It's the only mode I play and don't really enjoy regular mode

And this means what exactly? Good I assume.

I was about to update my post with some actual thoughts, haha.

I'm playing on Xbox One (based ModBot!), for reference.

Visuals are gorgeous, even though it's clearly 720p on XB. It has a slight blur, but performance holds up well so that's where it matters for me.

Servers are a bit shit atm (because I'm playing at an off time, admittedly), and it's hard to find more Walker Assault games, but the few I played were literally everything I have ever wanted in a Star Wars game.

People were getting force choked, tie fighters were slamming into the ground, AT-ST's were obliterating people left and right, lasers were flying left and right, it was the SW game of my childhood dreams.

Go onto the Sullest map and, eh. After riding the high of Hoth, this was just underwhelming. No vehicles, no big wars going on, just some small firefights. I know some people will love this, but I prefer the "all out war" type of gameplay here.

Oh, and Tatooine was pretty fun, but I ran it solo since it's 6:00 a.m. where I am right now haha.

Connection while in game is actually really solid, bar some minor rubberbanding in WA. Hit detection was spot on.

That's about all I got for the moment, but if you have any questions, I'll be happy to get to them throughout the day when I can pop in here!

Played a bit of Walker Assault this morning. This is the game I've been waiting 10 years for. I can see myself playing this for years. I just hope there is a private match option in the final game.

Man i hated Conquest in the last couple of Battlefield games, but Walker Assault is my favorit mode in this. It just is the right mode to play the game.

This Drop Zone mode is more for the CoD people that prefer to shoot people... IMO

And i like the Power Pickup idea too. With that people wont camp in their spawn to control vehicle xy. But sadly i noticed that some people were camping some of the vehicle pickups and got into a ATST, 3 times in a row or so. Needs to be a bit more random.

And i finally want to see a working Speederbike. Why are this not in yet.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Man i hated Conquest in the last couple of Battlefield games, but Walker Assault is my favorit mode in this. It just is the right mode to play the game.

This Drop Zone mode is more for the CoD people that prefer to shoot people... IMO
Walker Assault is much more like Battlefield's Rush Mode.

And Drop Zone is an Infantry-only Conquest.

I hope that Supremacy is even better.

If there are private matches I can see Drop Zone being the go-to competitive mode.

Also, the vehicle pickups are not functionally different from there being vehicles sitting empty on the map at all. It's great.

I guess I'm the odd ball, but I prefer Drop Zone over Walker Assault. All my Rebel runs on Walker Assault have been awful. The level is great though. Spawns are terrible in the Drop Zone map though. Glad there are more modes, I'll be interested in those.

Game looks great, plays great though. Having a good time, definitely will get at launch.

http://youtu.be/E1o80IVaRKQ From this interview: not al weapons will be energy based.. Hmm
Interesting.
One of the star cards in the beta is the Tusken Cycler. It's what's known in Star Wars lore as a slugthrower. Basically a standard rifle that fires bullets. They aren't common in Star Wars but they do have the benefit of being able to punch through most armor and shields easily since most of each are really design to only dissipate energy and not protect against something like a bullet.

Ferr986

And i like the Power Pickup idea too. With that people wont camp in their spawn to control vehicle xy. But sadly i noticed that some people were camping some of the vehicle pickups and got into a ATST, 3 times in a row or so. Needs to be a bit more random.

And i finally want to see a working Speederbike. Why are this not in yet.

Is Walker Assault the Hoth battle? That looks like the most fun map IMO.

Is that Party System working for anyone on XboxOne? Because in the new Dashboard nothing happens when you accept invites and thats annoying.

And when i join a Friend it wont put me into his team. That worked in the Battlefield games, but isnt working here :/

Nodnol

I'm loving all the clips and reactions. Can't wait for the Beta to be open to everyone.

Is there any scheduled reveal events at all? Maps, weapons, Heroes etc? It looks to ton of fun, but I wonder whether the depth of it all will ultimately dictate the longevity of it all, even with the whole Star Wars thing.

It really annoys me that i have this constant stutter and lags on XboxOne. And i dont know what causes it.

Already redownloaded the Beta. I hope is has something to do with the new Dashboard. Dont have a other explanation for that

Top Bottom