• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Are they aiming to release all games by 2020? They're going far too slow with Higurashi, even for my liking.

I decided to follow the MG releases for my first Higurashi playthrough.

Read it in like August and I have forgotten about most of Onikakushi so far :/

Jazz573

Key Visual Novel Harmonia coming to Greenlight this Friday

Edit:

Also, apparently Sekai Project is no longer the publisher for Winged Cloud (Sakura games). See this VNDB thread. Also, their statement on Patreon for why they dropped SP:

"We will just release them without sekai. From my personal feeling most of the people at sekai just disagree with our ecchi / hentai games. We where just feeling very awkward working with a company where a lot of people straight out dislike our games. Its really regrettable but they prefere more "serious" storys and many of them just dont like our games."

Or something about Euphoria

Yep, it's up for pre-order and has a demo available. I can't link it for obvious reasons.

Also, apparently Sekai Project is no longer the publisher for Winged Cloud (Sakura games). See this VNDB thread. Also, their statement on Patreon for why they dropped SP:

"We will just release them without sekai. From my personal feeling most of the people at sekai just disagree with our ecchi / hentai games. We where just feeling very awkward working with a company where a lot of people straight out dislike our games. Its really regrettable but they prefere more "serious" storys and many of them just dont like our games."
I'm not really surprised. Winged Cloud just doesn't need Sekai Project anymore, they can get through Greenlight on their own. I suspect this will continue to happen with Sekai Project's partners once they become more established. And as we see with the whole Michuru thing and seemingly Harmonie, even Japanese companies can bypass SP. That's the risk you run when your entire business is about contracting out to other people and putting games on a digital storefront, eventually you become an unneeded middleman. If you can get games onto Steam yourself and contract out to the same pool of people Sekai Project would use, they aren't worth giving a cut of your profits.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Euphoria is now available for pre-order and there is also a demo. No link for obvious reasons.

I'm actually unaware of what the obvious reasons are... Is it an H title or something? (And H games have been linked to before too for sale on here).

Jazz573

I'm actually unaware of what the obvious reasons are... Is it an H title or something? (And H games have been linked to before too for sale on here).

Yes. And I don't feel comfortable linking to MangaGamer. Groupees and IndieGala are a different situation, since they aren't NSFW sites to begin with. MG on the other hand is most definitely an NSFW site.

It's not just an H game, but a rather extreme one supposedly. Don't know if it's guro, but there definitely seems to be torture involved.

It's also apparently really good in spite of that, so I'm looking forward to it.

Jazz573

It's not just an H game, but a rather extreme one supposedly. Don't know if it's guro, but there definitely seems to be torture involved.

It's also apparently really good in spite of that, so I'm looking forward to it.

It does contain guro and a healthy amount of a certain type of human waste. Why, yes, I'm talking about scat. And honestly, those two things combined are enough to make me not want to play the game.

Shizuka

It does contain guro and a healthy amount of a certain type of human waste. Why, yes, I'm talking about scat. And honestly, those two things combined are enough to make me not want to play the game.

latest

Lain

How can you say you love her if you can't eat her shit?

I'll preorder in November, when I'll have the money, to make use of the discount.

jzbluz

I've read BDSM for years, and have managed to avoid scat successfully, and I will continue to do so. Good to know that I shouldn't be reading Euphoria.

I'm going to read Euphoria. I'm going to face that shit feces-to-face. I'm not shitting you, I want to read Euphoria with the scat included. I've shat enough of this. I'll faeces it, and I'll conquer it. I'll conquer scat. When I'm done with it, Euphoria will regret it dared ever include that shit in the game. Its last remnants of sanity will scatter, and it'll shit its pants thinking about me at night.

Jazz573

I'm going to read Euphoria. I'm going to face that shit feces-to-face. I'm not shitting you, I want to read Euphoria with the scat included. I've shat enough of this. I'll faeces it, and I'll conquer it. I'll conquer scat. When I'm done with it, Euphoria will regret it dared ever include that shit in the game. Its last remnants of sanity will scatter, and it'll shit its pants thinking about me at night.

Sounds like you're gonna have a shitty time playing this shitty game (See what I did there? Yes, it's a shitty pun).

Knurek

Anyone here interested in that Groupees JAST bundle (COSPLAY FETISH ACADEMY, MOERO DOWNHILL NIGHT, MY GIRLFRIEND IS THE PRESIDENT, SCHOOL DAYS HQ, THE SAGARA FAMILY, YO-JIN-BO ~ THE BODYGUARDS).

I'm willing to sell the keys if someone wants them, $8 in Paypal for the whole bunch.
God knows why I bought the whole thing... :)

euphoria is something really weird in term of story , but has some really intresting and good twists. Despite that weird presentation there is a take on human psychology under stress/pressure that isn't bad ( the animated version don't even adapt this aspect of the game )

Hikami

I asked about this quite a while ago but I finally got one. (Windows Tablet)
Thanks again to the people that were recommending me some. This is great, as expected. Going to be playing VNs much more frequently now that I'm not tied to my desk.

Shizuka

I asked about this quite a while ago but I finally got one. (Windows Tablet)
Thanks again to the people that were recommending me some. This is great, as expected. Going to be playing VNs much more frequently now that I'm not tied to my desk.

How did upgrading to W10 work out for you?

Shizuka

I haven't actually done it yet. I have to install a bunch of W8 updates first I think? Didn't really feel like doing that just yet.

Don't do it. Everywhere I read complains about windows tablets updating to W10 and the OS is just not there yet. Hold off for as long as you can, that's my advice to you.

Hikami

Don't do it. Everywhere I read complains about windows tablets updating to W10 and the OS is just not there yet. Hold off for as long as you can, that's my advice to you.
Ah really? Everything I've tried seems to be working fine in Windows 8 so far anyways so I don't mind staying on it then, thanks.

VN compatibility under Windows 10 isn't any worse than it is under Windows 8. Unless there's something specific to tablets that I don't know about, there's no reason not to upgrade.

Firestar

VN compatibility under Windows 10 isn't any worse than it is under Windows 8. Unless there's something specific to tablets that I don't know about, there's no reason not to upgrade.

Been using 10 on both desktop and tablet with VNs and it's the exact same as 8, I agree. No reason not to upgrade

Sakura Fantasy Chapter 1 is 50% off on Steam, if anyone hates themselves. :p

Gotta make that fast money off the latest patch they added for the game. Honestly not sure why all those games didn't just include a patch to begin with, they road the H line even without anything, no reason to not to just go all the way at the start.

Shizuka

I've done something in the past and I wanted your opinions on this subject. Back then, when the first four episodes of Umineko came out for the PS3, I knew in my heart that it'd never get localized and released in the West for that platform.

I imported a PS3 copy and read the script on PC while playing. The script was all in .txt, from the Witch Hunt translation. I did that to read the entire thing while playing on the PS3. I don't know how legal is that (since it was a fantranslation and such), but what do you guys think about that? Years later and I've been thinking of doing the same with other games, but on the Vita now.

Lemme know if this is somehow illegal or considered piracy, I'll edit and remove my post.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've done something in the past and I wanted your opinions on this subject. Back then, when the first four episodes of Umineko came out for the PS3, I knew in my heart that it'd never get localized and released in the West for that platform.

I imported a PS3 copy and read the script on PC while playing. The script was all in .txt, from the Witch Hunt translation. I did that to read the entire thing while playing on the PS3. I don't know how legal is that (since it was a fantranslation and such), but what do you guys think about that? Years later and I've been thinking of doing the same with other games, but on the Vita now.

Lemme know if this is somehow illegal or considered piracy, I'll edit and remove my post.

I think this is the important part here. I don't see it as "piracy" if you paid money for it.

Vylash

you bought a copy, of course its not piracy or illegal

Marche90

The best reason for upgrading is those GB you get back once you get rid of the backup partition. With my 16 GB tablet the update was a godsend in that regard. The only downside that I've have so far is that most of the time the reboot function just plain doesn't work: it gets stuck with a black screen and you need to hold the power button to force-shut it down and turn it on again. I just avoid rebooting altogether (just shut down and turn on again if I need to install updates)
I blame the hardware in this case. It's a cheapo tablet, so I'm not surprised by that issue. Other than that, everything works as great as in Win8.1

Jazz573

Lol. According to their Steam page, Age Rating is E... And then they proceed to list quite a bit of indicadora like mild violence and simulated gambling.

Also, wasn't this originally an H-game in Japan? @.@

Yes, but there is an all-ages version released in Japanese, which is probably what this version is based on.

Tried The euphoria ENG Demo.

It's like i remember it , except it's in english.

Translation was accurate , game is as disturbing as i remember it to be.

The demo is roughly the first chapter of the game with some cuts to later sections( so that folks could appreciate the narrative ) it's a solid work as far as i'm concerned.

Some screenshots :
I'm seriously considering getting this game since they did a good job with the localisation.

Ps: the demo contain a BIG amount of NSFW work ( even with all the cuts they've made ) i guess that explain the 600+Mb size of it

jonjonaug

I'm seriously considering getting this game since they did a good job with the localisation.

Mangagamer's been doing some really good work recently. They've hired/contracted a bunch of people who actually care about translation quality and general quality control. In just a couple of years they've gone from being kinda shit to being pretty great.

Shizuka

I don't know why I'm getting so excited with Flowers. The game is in JAST's hands, right? I should know better, yet I'm excited. At least Clannad is next month.

I don't know why I'm getting so excited with Flowers. The game is in JAST's hands, right? I should know better, yet I'm excited. At least Clannad is next month.

I'd be shocked if Flowers came out this year considering how recently JAST started the port work.

So, Debo no Su Seisakusho's Dungeon Crawler/VN hybrid, Kagura Douchuuki, is now on Steam. It unlocks in about 14 hours.
That trailer gives me little confidence in the quality of the translation. I wonder what they'll charge for it.

Mangagamer's been doing some really good work recently. They've hired/contracted a bunch of people who actually care about translation quality and general quality control. In just a couple of years they've gone from being kinda shit to being pretty great.

it shows..believe me there was a bunch of way to butcher euphoria dialog and i really like the approach they've taken with this title. My opinion of them is on the rise , no doubt.

Top Bottom