• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Dyno

At first I was like : "Well alright, if the kids really want me to I'll pull this guy's head off."

im04.jpg

But then I was like : "FUCK YEAH THIS GUY'S HEAD IS SO COMING OFF - ONE HANDED YO! LET'S SEE THE PUSSY PRINCE OF PERSIA DO THAT!!!"

33m79za.jpg
[/QUOTE]

God of War III Final Build - Fuelled by Meth... and human heads worn as codpieces

Filldough

The difference between the two screen shots is blowing my mind... I mean that scene was brutal before, by the time it hits release its going to be hard to watch. Well at least the first time, fortunately I get desensitized quickly and will probably expect to tear the heads off my enemies in every game haha. (I know, I'm sick, I can't help it!)

I am wondering if the realism is going to cause a lot of problems with ratings. I mean an M rating seems almost light at this point. I'd hate to see some Manhunt2 style censoring going on, really took away from the game in my opinion as the kills were so much less satisfying than the first.

Filldough said:
The difference between the two screen shots is blowing my mind... I mean that scene was brutal before, by the time it hits release its going to be hard to watch. Well at least the first time, fortunately I get desensitized quickly and will probably expect to tear the heads off my enemies in every game haha. (I know, I'm sick, I can't help it!)

Eh, the scene was always grotesque and brutal, now even more so :lol

Still, its absolutely unbelievable how different the two screens look. Definitely seems closer to the "painted" look (and no Im not trying to start that shit up again lol) we all argued about months ago.

Incredible.

pswii60 said:
Played this at the Eurogamer Expo. The gameplay is great, like the first two but even more epic than ever.

My biggest gripe is the framerate. It barely managed 60fps and kept stuttering around the 30fps mark. The new Ratchet demo is probably the best comparison.

Pretty gutting to me as booth Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta were running at a constant 60 :/

That bit was pretty sick. I had to cover my gf's eyes ;)

I suppose its a trade off with the visuals...Dante Inferno looks somewhere between the two visually, and does seem to be running smoothly as you've said

Filldough

TheChillyAcademic said:
Eh, the scene was always grotesque and brutal, now even more so :lol

Still, its absolutely unbelievable how different the two screens look. Definitely seems closer to the "painted" look (and no Im not trying to start that shit up again lol) we all argued about months ago.

Incredible.

I hear ya, I thought it looked amazing before but that new screen has so much more detail, I love the blood splattered all over Kratos. High contrast seems to suit it better for some reason too. I wonder if the blood splatters will look different each time you go thru this sequence or if there is some standard bloodied look for the character model. This game is going to be insane, its actually got me wanting to pick up the HD re-releases just so I can feel like a badass sooner haha.

BruceLeeRoy said:
The difference is simply staggering. Makes me realize the GOW2 HD comments actually had some merit before. :D
Not really. There's emulator screens in the PC screenshots thread which shows what GoW II actually looks like in HD, and GoW III always looked a lot better. Now it looks a lot, lot better.

Liabe Brave said:
Not really. There's emulator screens in the PC screenshots thread which shows what GoW II actually looks like in HD, and GoW III always looked a lot better. Now it looks a lot, lot better.

I was just being facetious but it definitely looks like a leap.

jett

D-Member
Don't mean to rain on the parade of the people talking about the difference...the graphics look the same as the E3 demo to me.

image_god_of_war_3-11630-1708_0010.jpg

It's just the overly bright nature of the off-screen shot that makes it seem better. :p I doubt SSM spends their time creating barely updated demos for a showing few people are going to attend. :p

Kratos' facial animation is great! I wish I saw more games with expressive heroes. They're taking really good advantage of the camera. Game looks awesome.

33m79za.jpg

When I first read that each one of his teeth were individually modeled I didn't think it was a big deal but seeing that second screenshot now makes me appreciate the efforts being taken to deliver a next gen GOW3.

jett said:
Don't mean to rain on the parade of the people talking about the difference...the graphics look the same as the E3 demo to me.

image_god_of_war_3-11630-1708_0010.jpg

It's just the overly bright nature of the off-screen shot that makes it seem better. :p I doubt SSM spends their time creating barely updated demos for a showing few people are going to attend. :p

the graphics are def different

http://i37.tinypic.com/2llyr9c.jpg

The demo presented at the expo was an extended version of that seen at Sony’s Conference at E3, and has since received an immense amount of polish both graphically and gameplay wise.
If you’re a videogames enthusiast or especially a God of War fan, then you’ve probably already seen the E3 demo to death and back. Well, imagine that demo but with a lot more detail and a lot more wow factor. It’s quite astounding how much the visuals have improved. Such battles as the one with the three-horned-muhussu is a true sight to behold, and the QTE that accompanies it breaks the boundaries of cinematic gaming, and helps the push to keep them in games, especially when done this well.
PlayStation 3 owners have a lot to look forward to next year, and God of War III is positively the most exciting prospect of that line-up. It may not be much different to previous games in terms of ideas and gameplay, but truthfully, fans, gamers and anyone human wouldn’t want it any other way. In execution, visuals, action and conviction, God of War III is looking peerless.
http://thunderboltgames.com/previews/article/eurogamer-expo-2009-handson-god-of-war-iii-preview-for-ps3.html

Anyone notice Kratos' head mounted on the wall on the latest Inside XBOX video called Halloween Special? It's weird. Kratos' head is in a picture right on the dash. I mean the Major is in the video. How did they miss that?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Dante said:
Why the fuck would you be focusing on that given what's going on in that scene? :lol
i dunno, it just really stood out to me. everything looks so awesome and detailed, and then you have this one glaringly low res texture just slapping you in the face telling you to look at it.

jett said:

Yup. Looks the same to me. Color corrected to match:

image_god_of_war_3-2.jpg

33m79za.jpg

Its been a while since I've check on this game, seems that there have been some improvements visually. Any word on the framerate? Is it up to speed, or still chugging behind the first two?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
um, dum, dum, Kratos what have you done
Dum, dum, dum, it's the sound of the Blades of Olympus
Dum, dum, dum, Kratos what have you done
Dum, dum, dum, it's the sound, it's the sound...
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah....

Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades
His whole world's come undone
From looking straight at the sun
What did Zeus do?
What did he put you through?

They say when Kratos was tested
They found Zeus bested and in pain
But man, he had it comin'
Now that Kratos got some blades
He ain't never gonna be the same

Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades
His day of reckonings just begun
Now everybody is on the run
Tell him now it's untrue
What did Zeus do?

He made him kill his little bitty baby
The man has got to be insane
They say the spell that he was under
The lightin' and the thunder
Knew that someone had to stop the pain

Run away, run away from the pain
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Run away, run away, run, run away

Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades
What did Zeus do
It's Kratos with a big F.U

Kratos had to take him down easy
And put a blade in his brain
He said 'cause nobody can stop me
The man who betrays me
Is gonna feel my pain.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Run away, run away, run, run away

Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades

Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades
Kratos got some blades

Seriously, Kratos has some anger issues.

bathala

Banned
thanks to the cache. able to track down the source of that scan :p

from the part of the scan. it seems the stone guy says colossus

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
brandonh83 said:
Holy shit those shots make Jaffe's comments about the game looking like a painting come to life seem modest :lol

Considering the E3 build already looked better than most retail games... yeah.

khuezy said:
can i post the link or is that illegal too?

Don't do it.

Also, the supposed date for this game in NA is 3/16, street dated.

Top Bottom