• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Chris1

For anyone wondering here's a list of all games EvB has had his suspicions about/found store pages.

Alan Wake
Asura's Wrath
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
BioShock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Braid
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Black Ops II
Call of Duty MW2
Castle Crashers
Castlestorm
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Cloning Clyde
Condemned
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Crazy Taxi
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Deus EX HR
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Dungeon Siege 3
Dust and Elysian tale
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Forza Horizon
Frogger
Gears of War
Geometry Wars 2
Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter
Gotham City Imposters
GRID 2
GTA4
Halo wars
Harms Way
Heavy Weapon
HItman Absolution
I am Alive
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Magic 2015
Mega Man 9
Metal Gear HD Collection
Metal Slug XX
Minecraft 360 Edition
Mirrors Edge
Ms. Splosion Man
Oblivion
Operation Flashpoint DR
PlayOnline Viewer AKA Final Fantasy 11
Please Enter your List Here.
Portal 2
Portal : Sill alive
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil
Risen
Sacred 3
Saints Row 4
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur IV
South Park TSOT
Split/Second
Star Wars Complete Saga
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Supreme Commander 2
The Orange Box
Ticket to Ride
Toy Story 3
Trials Fusion
Trials HD
Tron Evolution
WIK
Worms Ultimate Mayhem

List of games I posted that a MS employee has been playing recently and I'm confident he's testing BC
Red Dead Redemption
Undertow
Gears of War Judgement
Fable 3
Super Meat Boy
Roboblitz
Frogger
Contra
Mass Effect (already in preview)
Dirt 3 (EvB posted this months ago saying he found the store page)
Assassins Creed 2 (this was listed on the Ubisoft BC sizzle reel)

If you remove duplicates you've got 90 games plus the 24 already in preview. That would give them over 100 games. Obviously not all of these will be available at launch (or maybe even ever be BC), but it's a fairly good list to go by.

There's also the Ubi sizzle reel
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 3
Call of Juarez (not available for digital download though?)
Driver San Francisco
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Prince of Persia (2009)
Splinter Cell Conviction
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.

I'm also assuming the Gears collection will be there at launch for the UE deal which is missing from above. 125 games if you add everything together

Chris1

Launch is November 12th

Also just had a look at that MS employee's profile again, he's played Mirrors Edge today which was on EvB's list and I think has been confirmed already. Looking good for RDR!

ironcreed

Banned
For anyone wondering here's a list of all games EvB has had his suspicions about/found store pages.

List of games I posted that a MS employee has been playing recently and I'm confident he's testing BC

If you remove duplicates you've got 90 games plus the 24 already in preview. That would give them over 100 games. Obviously not all of these will be available at launch (or maybe even ever be BC), but it's a fairly good list to go by.

There's also the Ubi sizzle reel

I'm also assuming the Gears collection will be there at launch for the UE deal which is missing from above. 125 games if you add everything together

No Skyrim or Dark Souls? Boo.

ironcreed

Banned
Woops, I think I forgot to update my post when I was editing, Dark souls and Dark Souls 2 is actually meant to be in EvB's list. He's posted them before (will look for it again in a second after I edit)

Good deal. Skyrim absolutely has to make it as well at some point.

gossi

Xbox 360 BC launches to all in just over two weeks. (Btw Bethesda is in the scheme and is approving titles, so Skyrim = there).

Chris1

c8uzxWF.jpg

Halo Reach

Matt_C

Only if Destiny would be included. I already have it on XBOX One but there is a different yet enjoyable community on the 360. Besides I am getting the Elite controller tomorrow.
I have a funny feeling that the PS3 version would be on PlayStation Now.

Bsigg12

If this is a new screen, and not fake, why are some of the ready to install pins on the right old? Crimson Dragon and Destiny in particular.

It's probably promotional simply to show that Reach is coming (we already knew it was). I wouldn't read too much into the picture

gossi

Reach is definitely in BC. During Halo Live last night Microsoft announced all Halo 5 players will get Halo Reach via BC, for free.

Tal

I recently played through Halo Reach in preparation for 5 and the framerate is rooooouuugghhh. I didn't remember it being that bad, but I was regularly getting drops into the teens. It would be great if the emulation could actually run it smoother.

Ein Bear

I honestly can't play 360 Reach anymore. The MCC has ruined it for me, the other games are just so smooth at 60fps that Reach's performance just gives me a headache.

It is, but I thought they said they were working on it.

I mean if the PS3 managed to figure out how to handle multiple discs for PS1 BC I can't imagine why the XBO couldn't. Now, they probably haven't worked that specific kink out yet, but I'd be shocked if they didn't at some point. Hope they do. I never got to finish that game. Sidebar: hope they put it up on digital (unlikely though probably :( )

Kssio_Aug

These are the games I see myself buying to play with BC:
-Gears 2, 3 and Judgement
-Ninja Gaiden 2
-Halo Reach
-Red Dead Redemption
-Crackdown 1 and 2
-Fable 2
-Mass Effect 3

krang

I mean if the PS3 managed to figure out how to handle multiple discs for PS1 BC I can't imagine why the XBO couldn't. Now, they probably haven't worked that specific kink out yet, but I'd be shocked if they didn't at some point. Hope they do. I never got to finish that game. Sidebar: hope they put it up on digital (unlikely though probably :( )

Wasn't the PS3's solution to BC to actually have additional hardware (on the earlier fat versions that supported it) rather than software emulation? So in effect, it was like running the games on the original hardware, not trying to replicate the environment on new architecture, which is a lot different and more complex.

Wasn't the PS3's solution to BC to actually have additional hardware (on the earlier fat versions that supported it) rather than software emulation? So in effect, it was like running the games on the original hardware, not trying to replicate the environment on new architecture, which is a lot different and more complex.

For the PS2, yes, but PS1 emulation was IIRC all software. Remember that they had to patch in PS1 Classics support for the Vita.

krang

For the PS2, yes, but PS1 emulation was IIRC all software. Remember that they had to patch in PS1 Classics support for the Vita.

You're right. But games were a lot simpler back then, so it was probably a lot more straightforward to reproduce than 360 games.

That said, I'm sure it's solvable and will be along sooner or later.

gossi

Wait, did I imagine them saying Halo Reach will be available for free to Halo 5 customers on Halo Live? Like, it happened... I think!

jfoul

The games I'm most interested in getting BC, are first party titles and XBLA games that didn't release on PC. I would be super happy with the list below. I'm probably forgetting some, but I've forgotten how many games I purchased digitally through XBL.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Daytona USA
Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
Shadow Complex
Splosion Man
Halo Reach
Gears of War 2, 3 & Judgement
Ninja Gaiden II
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Top Bottom