• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

The Flash

Banned
Really frustrated by the wait for more stuff. I wish they didn't even announce this if they weren't ready to support it on a larger scale sooner. I wanna play VF on XB1 :(

They said it wouldn't be ready until November when it was first announced. November is just around the corner. Besides, VF might not make the cut for whatever reason too. Just breath and think happy thoughts.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
They said it wouldn't be ready until November when it was first announced. November is just around the corner. Besides, VF might not make the cut for whatever reason too. Just breath and think happy thoughts.

It's wishful thinking that VF would. It's a niche fighter with a small but dedicated community. Really my only hope is that it did do pretty well on the voting page and we know they're working with SEGA for BC support.

But it's still wishful thinking! :(

Krakn3Dfx

What are the chances that New Vegas support will be added alongside Fallout 3? Or is it something that's already confirmed hopefully?

fork_bomb

Banned
Can anyone confirm that DOOM works on the latest NXE build? Veerrrrry tempted to make a 1:40 AM impulse purchase. 5 bucks is a steal, considering how fucking good it is.

Kookos

mEN5JHV.jpg

I own Bring Down the Sky but only on that Mass Effect bonus disc that came with the Classics edition. :( Oh well...

EYEL1NER

I finally went and voted on games. I still plan on picking some of the super-late-gen games up like Assassin's Creed Rogue, South Park, and Fable Anniversary at some point, but it would hasten my decision to buy them if I knew I could play them on the Xbone soon.

Has it ever been mentioned what the approach to games with multiple versions is? I'm thinking GOTY editions and such.

Fallout 3 is a decent example seeing as we know that's coming and that it has a GOTY edition. Will that be enabled too or is it literally just the vanilla original version?

I bought a cheap vanilla disc version of Borderlands (might have even been a bundle disc), and yet it came with all the DLC on the Xbox download.

gossi

This is getting off topic, but if there's BC titles with couch co-op I'd be up for it. (Assuming you're not a murderer, or Sun reader).

Z_Y

Not seeing the ME DLC on my machine. :(

While on the subject of DLC...has there been any official announcement on how on disc-based DLC add-ons will work? GOTY editions for Borderlands, Fallout 3, etc.?

Looks like some Fallout 3 DLC is on sale this week and I'm tempted to pick it up digitally even though I own a physical copy of the GOTY edition. If I knew I would be able to install the DLC add-on disc to my HDD and put it back in the closet...I'd be fine. That's the way it worked on 360. But part of me is thinking they may require the add-on disc being in the drive for verification.

Now having said that out loud...I don't know how that'd work because one might need the physical copy of Fallout 3 in the drive if they don't own it digitally.

Basically...DLC am confused me.

jesu

Not seeing the ME DLC on my machine. :(

While on the subject of DLC...has there been any official announcement on how on disc-based DLC add-ons will work? GOTY editions for Borderlands, Fallout 3, etc.?

Looks like some Fallout 3 DLC is on sale this week and I'm tempted to pick it up digitally even though I own a physical copy of the GOTY edition. If I knew I would be able to install the DLC add-on disc to my HDD and put it back in the closet...I'd be fine. That's the way it worked on 360. But part of me is thinking they may require the add-on disc being in the drive for verification.

Now having said that out loud...I don't know how that'd work because one might need the physical copy of Fallout 3 in the drive if they don't own it digitally.

Basically...DLC am confused me.

I only know about Borderlands, you get all the DLC free anyway.
It's built into the download no matter which version you own.

Z_Y

I only know about Borderlands, you get all the DLC free anyway.
It's built into the download no matter which version you own.

Yea, I saw that...which only added to my confusion. Can't imagine that extending past the preview but it would be nice.

Top Bottom