• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Bessy67

Have they said anything more about multi-disc games and/or games that aren't available digitally on Xbox 360? I'd really like all 3 Mass Effect games to be BC...

EvB

They must have added some more games, I've just found an instance ofFallout 3 on Xbox One, but even knowing this I cannot access the store page and my usual methods are simply yielding me Xbox 360 data. So it looks like some more backend changes have taken place.

That's actually kind of exciting, as I've had my suspicions for quite a few games for a while but have been unable to find anything, so to find a game that is actually being used right now AND not get any results suggests that there really is some great stuff being added.

Chris1

Still reaching here and could
most likely
mean nothing, but a few pages back I posted about an MS employee playing a lot of 360 games recently, games that EvB had posted, games that's already in preview or games we know are coming

I think I've just found something that may point to RDR being BC too

List of games that may be BC if I'm right, can you check and see if these have store pages yet or if you can find anything using your methods?

Red Dead Redemption
Undertow
Gears of War Judgement
Fable 3
Super Meat Boy
Roboblitz
Frogger
Contra

I've just looked again cause of EvB's post above and he's played a few more titles:

Mass Effect (already in preview)
Dirt 3 (EvB posted this months ago saying he found the store page)
Assassins Creed 2 (this was listed on the Ubisoft BC sizzle reel)

Like I said could be absolutely nothing, but all things considering it's seeming pretty likely that he's testing BC.

EvB

What's the tag? I'll go take a look
Still reaching here and could
most likely
mean nothing, but a few pages back I posted about an MS employee playing a lot of 360 games recently, games that EvB had posted, games that's already in preview or games we know are coming

I've just looked again cause of EvB's post above and he's played a few more titles:

Mass Effect (already in preview)
Dirt 3 (EvB posted this months ago saying he found the store page)
Assassins Creed 2 (this was listed on the Ubisoft BC sizzle reel)

Like I said could be absolutely nothing, but all things considering it's seeming pretty likely that he's testing BC.

Chris1

Will pm you it, before those games the last time he touchedhis 360 was really early 2014 I think. There's more games after that but I think they are windows phone games?

Boomshaw

Banned
Yea im on nxe.

IMG_2356_zpsfs6bptlc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Boomshaw

Banned
I just tried running the game and it wont play though.

Just gives the "Do you own this game or app?" message.

Which is a shame.

Xyrmellon

Is this going to be ready in a month as announced?? I'm not in NXE so other than Rare Replay I haven't experienced it but it seems like there's been no news lately and few new games added. Are they really going to flip a switch and add a hundred games in November?

Chris1

Is this going to be ready in a month as announced?? I'm not in NXE so other than Rare Replay I haven't experienced it but it seems like there's been no news lately and few new games added. Are they really going to flip a switch and add a hundred games in November?

Yeah they are, there's 24 games in preview at the moment so roughly another 76 to be added. Doesn't seem too far fetched when you look all the games we know of/are rumoured to be BC and add in most of the big 1st party games. Forza, Fable, Halo, Gears and other games like Alan Wake, Minecraft, Crackdown etc makes up for a good chunk of games.

I just got an e-mail that they reconfirmed the launch of NXE including BC for November so things are going as planned so far.

Justinh

OMFG if we get Lost Odyssey I'll lose my shit

Phil has said in an interview (it was IGN iIRC) that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are important to him to get working, and that they were figuring out how they would work out the multidisc part. I just hope that they offer them digitally.

Damn, no Doom download for me yet. Every console should have Doom and Doom2 IMO.

Daffy Duck

Yeah they are, there's 24 games in preview at the moment so roughly another 76 to be added. Doesn't seem too far fetched when you look all the games we know of/are rumoured to be BC and add in most of the big 1st party games. Forza, Fable, Halo, Gears and other games like Alan Wake, Minecraft, Crackdown etc makes up for a good chunk of games.

Minecraft?

Chris1

But it's also out on the XB1, what point would there be in having the 360 version in the BC library?

So is gears 1, so is castle crashers. Both have BC enabled.

MS said all first party will be added, they're not gonna turn around and say "lol jk we trolled you all, we can make money off minecraft so no BC". If they do that, why should other publishers enable BC when MS won't even bother themselves?

They kinda have to enable BC on all games now, if not to uphold their promise then to lead by example and all that.

m23

But it's also out on the XB1, what point would there be in having the 360 version in the BC library?

So people don't have to pay for it again when they already have the 360 version. The same could be said about Castle Crashers, it got a remastered version but will still be BC.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Phil has said in an interview (it was IGN iIRC) that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are important to him to get working, and that they were figuring out how they would work out the multidisc part. I just hope that they offer them digitally.

Damn, no Doom download for me yet. Every console should have Doom and Doom2 IMO.

Thank you based microsoft san

Hawk269

I really hope Halo Wars is part of the 100 for November launch. I think it would be great to have it up as soon as possible so that it helps generate excitement for Halo Wars 2. That and I just love the damn game.

Zeta Oni

It's such an interesting problem when you think about.

Not only do they have to get the game up and working on the xbox one, but now they have to figure out a way to simulate swapping discs at a specific instance in a game without touching the original code.

Essentially building a digital copy of a previously physical only release without changing a thing.

People over there at MS are no joke.

texore

It's such an interesting problem when you think about.

Not only do they have to get the game up and working on the xbox one, but now they have to figure out a way to simulate swapping discs at a specific instance in a game without touching the original code.

Essentially building a digital copy of a previously physical only release without changing a thing.

People over there at MS are no joke.

I'm wondering if they will make it seamless, no disc change notification at all. Or will they implement a system similar to how the PS3 emulates PS1/2 games with a menu system to swap discs.

Obviously for digital versions of the game. But I guess retail copies would still require disc swapping.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I really hope Halo Wars is part of the 100 for November launch. I think it would be great to have it up as soon as possible so that it helps generate excitement for Halo Wars 2. That and I just love the damn game.

I believe it is on a list of games to take care of early.

piggychan

I haven't ventured in this thread in agges but one game that certainly can benefit from running on the xbone is The Last Remnant and possibly I would like to see Infinite Undiscovery too.

Top Bottom