• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Trago

Been wondering, was it ever specified that we would be able to buy the digital versions of backwards compatible 360 titles on the Xbox One store?

RowdyReverb

Been wondering, was it ever specified that we would be able to buy the digital versions of backwards compatible 360 titles on the Xbox One store?
I'm not sure if they've said it outright, but it seems like a no-brainer, especially since the downloadable 360 games with gold are guaranteed to be BC going forward. Why have free digital BC games and not offer the paid versions?

Has there been a change in the way OneGuide works in the new UI? If I say "xbox go to OneGuide" it just brings up the window on the right with shortcuts to the most recent channels I have watched. How do I get the actual guide up?

Hasn't it always been "Xbox Show Guide"? Granted, I'm not in the preview, but maybe try that.

gossi

I'm not sure if they've said it outright, but it seems like a no-brainer, especially since the downloadable 360 games with gold are guaranteed to be BC going forward. Why have free digital BC games and not offer the paid versions?

The NXE dash even has a section on how to use 360 games - including buying them. So it's coming.

Trago

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure. I think it would be beneficial for them to make much of the 360 catalog available for purchase.

The NXE dash even has a section on how to use 360 games - including buying them. So it's coming.

So there will be a section on the marketplace for 360 BC games?

Chris1

They will definitely give the 360 a section on the XB1 marketplace. There was a FAQ that was quickly took down that said they will but not at launch (this same FAQ said release was October, so who knows if this is still the case).

Black Friday sales are going to be glorious with BC. Especially since it's the 360's 10th year anniversary just a few days before it, gonna be some massive sales
I hope
. All this on top of Halo 5, Battlefront, Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Black Ops 3, Need for Speed....... wallet am cry.

Chris1

It would be nice to get an updated list of games that are going to be there once this launches. Hoping for Skyrim and Dark Souls.

Agreed I don't get why they have to be so secretive about it. I guess I shouldn't really be impatient either, but it'd be nice to have an idea of what games are going to be BC.

gossi

Yep...everytime it bumps i'm like finally

They are definitely keeping the games until the final launch...perhaps they have gotten their emulator there and don't need anymore testing

Phil tweeted a month ago that they're holding a majority of the titles until November launch (with new dash). So we're realistically a month or so away. My prediction is they aim for Black Friday, and put the 360 games on sale via the digital store.

gossi

Seriously? I'll need to check my mail

Yes. From the store page:

"For a limited time, pre-order Fallout 4 for Xbox One and receive Fallout 3 on Xbox 360. The code for Fallout 3 will be delivered to your Xbox message center in 7-10 days. Redeem your code on Xbox.com or on your Xbox 360. "

TheKeyPit

Banned
I want them to add New Vegas along with Fallout 3. Bought that one digitally for cheap a while back and I'm waiting for it to be bc.

gossi

So I got a message with my code for TC's RainbowSix Vegas with my Rainbow Six Siege pre-order. However on redeeming it's not backwards compatible yet.

I've noticed they've dropped all mention of BC on the store page for Rainbow Six pre-order.

gossi

It's still here on their main backwards compatibility page & Rainbow Six Siege's page: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility & http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/rainbow-six-siege

Interesting! It's absent from the actual store page here: https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...RE-ORDER/5a2f7fe2-7b60-44db-a261-33179eadd961

Interesting, in the www.xbox.com link you provided it says it is Backwards Compatible and doesn't give a timeframe and no qualifiers - so I'm surprised they're sending out codes without BC being available.

gossi

That's just for Xbox 360, though - the other BC preorder titles specifically mention playable on Xbox One through BC.

WildBingo

Banned
Why did all of my Rare 360 BC games disappear from my games list? They're not in either installed or ready to be installed.

Since I got the NXOE preview, not one of my digitally owned Xbox 360 titles on the BC list has ever shown on my ready to install list. :( Includes Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Shadow Complex, Gears of War.

Top Bottom