• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

OtisInf

Please note that this attitude to you was only comming from one person, which I personally do not support in any way. I would have stepped in, but I was on vacation and read the thread (the discussion on reverse-engineering) two days too late. I'm on your side here, since ReShade would not have been possible without reverse-engineering at all.
I'm also truly sorry your DOF port wasn't used and while I would have, I don't have the sole power anymore: I handed over the management of all shaders to the ReShade Framework team, so I personally can concentrate on ReShade itself.
In short, please don't generalize the attitude of a few on the entire project. It does hurt to see that. =)
Thanks for the clarification! :) No worries, mate. Interesting there's now a separate shader team. Anyway, I've given up on that for now, as it looks like they (not you, but 'the shader team') don't seem to want to use outside contributions that much. Which is fine btw (it's up to them after all), it's just a little counterproductive, IMHO, as services like bitbucket or github would make adding / fixing things in the shader framework so much easier and faster. Oh well.... I'll add my own changes to my own little fx lib on github and that's it. Maybe in the future ;). But alas... off-topic ;)

22690657030_d9e92c95bb_o.png

22486503419_c02e8e92da_o.png

forrest

formerly nacire
Had a blast revisiting this game, starting fresh and finally finishing it. Despite the RTS sections being a rough at first, I really started to enjoy them once I got the hang of controlling the units and providing the appropriate buffs via the guitar. A true love letter to metal fans!

225260_2015-11-08_0005yrpa.jpg

225260_2015-11-06_0007dpil.jpg

NattyDread

Neo Member

Dark Souls 2 || 2880p || ENB Series || SRWE || CE free cam || PTGui Panorama (8 shots) ||

Dark Souls 2 || 2880p || ENB Series || SRWE || CE free cam || PTGui Panorama (6 shots) ||

What effects are you toggling in those screenshots?
The darker looking ones have AA (High, SMAA), SSAO (high, high-quality scale, sharp), DoF (bokeh), Bloom, Posprocessing (durante)

Postprocessing settings are a bit tweaked by me (bold):
// Bloom settings
#define BloomThreshold 20.25
#define BloomPower 1.050
#define BloomWidth 0.035

// HDR settings
#define HDRPower 1.50
#define radius2 0.80

// LumaSharpen settings
#define sharp_strength 0.50
#define sharp_clamp 0.035

// Vibrance settings
#define Vibrance 0.10

The "lighter" screens are with all above mentioned toggled off.

Here two more "comparison" gifs between "vanilla" and fully pimped out GeDoSaTo Dark Souls II (1080p, same settings as written above).

nxtiapx.gif

8sRqUMS.gif

I took special care to take screenshots at exact same lightning, so that all differences are much more correct. Difference is crazy, a lot more than many lastgen to newgen ports I dare say.
Another neat effect is that the visual differences are more than just eye candy. The much better and atmospheric darkness changes the way to play even!

dr_rus

Had a blast revisiting this game, starting fresh and finally finishing it. Despite the RTS sections being a rough at first, I really started to enjoy them once I got the hang of controlling the units and providing the appropriate buffs via the guitar. A true love letter to metal fans!

Cool shots but please don't quote the images, especially big ones. This makes it rather hard to view them fullscreen as the only two options you have are thumbnail and full size 4K/5K pic which is 4-5 times bigger than your display window.

The forum engine shrinks images to the browser window width by default.

Only downsampled from 1440p for now. Can't be bothered to load in at a higher resolution. This is with a fair few tweaks.

22888332792_40136d7646_o.png

22483461998_fa865c22df_o.png

Image quality is outstanding considering you're playing at 1440. That new TAA really is better than I expected. Shame I won't be able to afford the game until January, but I look forward to eventually playing it.

Jelle

Difference is crazy, a lot more than many lastgen to newgen ports I dare say.
Another neat effect is that the visual differences are more than just eye candy. The much better and atmospheric darkness changes the way to play even!
To each his own, but to me these look waayy too dark. It's very hard to see the surroundings.

ithorien

Typically don't have a lot of screenshots that haven't already been posted or worthy of posting, but I really liked these two a lot:

forrest

formerly nacire
Cool shots but please don't quote the images, especially big ones. This makes it rather hard to view them fullscreen as the only two options you have are thumbnail and full size 4K/5K pic which is 4-5 times bigger than your display window.

The forum engine shrinks images to the browser window width by default.

Thanks for the heads up. I seemed to remember lots of larger images being cut off on my screen before upgrading to a 3440 ultrawide monitor. I see now, that no matter what size I scale the browser to, the images scale. Thanks for the tip! :D

Nick Pal

The darker looking ones have AA (High, SMAA), SSAO (high, high-quality scale, sharp), DoF (bokeh), Bloom, Posprocessing (durante)

Postprocessing settings are a bit tweaked by me (bold):

The "lighter" screens are with all above mentioned toggled off.

Here two more "comparison" gifs between "vanilla" and fully pimped out GeDoSaTo Dark Souls II (1080p, same settings as written above).

nxtiapx.gif

8sRqUMS.gif

I took special care to take screenshots at exact same lightning, so that all differences are much more correct. Difference is crazy, a lot more than many lastgen to newgen ports I dare say.

You've got quite a strong HDR. You could try lowering it to about 1.20 and still get your desired effect - unless of course you like playing in total darkness :p

DD

um...

those are real, right?

wtf!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Do you think it looks that great or are you mocking me? Thanks if you are not. :) I mean, I'm probably the only one here posting pics under 1080p (most here are super sampled, while mine are at 1440 x 900p with graphical settings not on full max, some effects off). Sometimes I feel I don't belong here, so it's nice to receive a compliment.
I'm using Reshade to add FXAA, a little bit of CA, some film grain, and a little bit of more contrast. I'm still tweaking it, but I can share my settings if you're interested.

Cheers!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Haha! Do you think it looks that great or are you mocking me? Thanks if you are not. :) I mean, I'm probably the only one here posting pics under 1080p (most here are super sampled, while mine are at 1440 x 900p with graphical settings not on full max, some effects off). Sometimes I feel I don't belong here, so it's nice to receive a compliment.
I'm using Reshade to add FXAA, a little bit of CA, some film grain, and a little bit of more contrast. I'm still tweaking it, but I can share my settings if you're interested.

Cheers!

Don't beat yourself down bud. Regardless of resolution, your shots are cool. I really dig that style of Reshade preset on driving games as well. Keep it up.

ithorien

Cheers!

That top shot, if you removed some of the grain, is really solid and close to photo perfect; distance from object and blur are doing wonderful things for suspension of disbelief in that image. Second one is close, but the back of that car kills it a little; not your fault of course since you can't add detail, but both are pretty solid.

DD

That top shot, if you removed some of the grain, is really solid and close to photo perfect; distance from object and blur are doing wonderful things for suspension of disbelief in that image. Second one is close, but the back of that car kills it a little; not your fault of course since you can't add detail, but both are pretty solid.

I believe that more of that grainy effect is coming from the motion blur (probably because it's not on ultra) than from the film grain itself.

Thx for the compliment, mate. I'll try to improve over that. :)

ithorien

I believe that more of that grainy effect is coming from the motion blur (probably because it's not on ultra) than from the film grain itself.

Thx for the compliment, mate. I'll try to improve over that. :)

Well in your case honestly outside of maybe framing of some shots if you come across something that could use it, I think you're just hitting a limit.

Top Bottom