• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

NattyDread

Neo Member
@Nick Pal Whatever you do make sure you avoid shooting that W2 grass. They accidentally applied some kind of brick alpha texture on it. :) That's why it's all cut up.

I did fix it in REDKit for this shot:
23198194111_4192c06863_o.png

Witcher 2 || 2880p || REDKit || edited (LoDs, lights, mood, vegetation, shadows, etc...)
original(4k)

22886548157_42fb8c4a72_o.png

Crysis 3 || 2160p || ReShade || Steve Andrew's CT || MaLDo's unlocked exe || maxed every cvar in MaLDo's ultra cfg || Panorama (18 shots) ||
(freecam'd and timestopped before that notorious cutscene)
original (8192 x 3456)

Did DICE use photogrammetry for those assets? because damn

Pakoe

I normally don't comment because i don't want to break the photo's, but jesus those Star Wars pics look fucking amazing,

Nick Pal

@Nick Pal Whatever you do make sure you avoid shooting that W2 grass. They accidentally applied some kind of brick alpha texture on it. :) That's why it's all cut up.

Hm, I haven't noticed but I'll have to take a closer look, thanks for the heads up. I'm using some higher texture environment mod over at Nexus but I doubt that makes a difference.

Yeah...that looks messed up, otherwise very pretty with ENB.

There's a terrible looking mod for Battlefront doing the rounds that makes it look like someone recorded footage of the game on a cheap screen with a cheap phone and then added in tonnes of sharpening to try to fix things. IMO the mod looks terrible, and the author's been engaging in really shitty behaviour, but anyway - I wanted to try something new with ReShade, so out of curiosity I tried recreating the look of the guy's mod.

22658270344_6bf128f96c_o.png

23204021591_e4f2b50553_o.png

Thanks a ton for all your guys posts! It's really awesome and great reference material.

Did anybody post a ton of the icecaves of Battlefront yet in hq? I really need to see those guys for ref. If anyone has I'd love you! :)

There's a terrible looking mod for Battlefront doing the rounds that makes it look like someone recorded footage of the game on a cheap screen with a cheap phone and then added in tonnes of sharpening to try to fix things. IMO the mod looks terrible, and the author's been engaging in really shitty behaviour

No kidding. I thought it looked like dog shit.

What's the author doing that's shitty?

*grabs popcorn*

starwarsbattlefront_2015_11_25_03_35_03_534_by_roderickartist-d9hy1xq.png

Damn this game is so nice to screenshot. Performance is insane, the tools are perfect, it hotsamples. If there were a replay editor it would just be too much.

dr_rus

208480_2015-11-22_000kcopg.jpg

208480_2015-11-22_000k4p3w.jpg

Maybe it's the AO or something, but I've always felt that AC3, especially the lighting, actually looked better than AC4, especially on PC.

I'm actually puzzled by how bad it looks considering that the game is just 3 years old. The lightning is flat mostly, your character is almost always lit in such a way that he seems to be cut out from the rest of the scene.
And fuck that always on FXAA blur, seriously, fuck it. Unfortunately going with DSR 4x means that I'm running below 60, in low 50s and this is unacceptable, so I can't downsample to get rid of some of FXAA blurring here. SGSSAA doesn't help much so these are 8x MSAA + 8x TAA SS + the shitty blurry FXAA implementation which can't be turned of.
AC4 looks a bit better but it runs kinda bad even on modern h/w.

Top Bottom