• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

NeoRaider

23298520955_91590d7e24_o.png

23272410946_1fed178963_o.png

Seyavesh

i can't seem to get a great action shot for fo4..
the lack of proper muzzle flashes both in a lighting and actual effect sense really drive me nuts
also added SMAA + downsampling + ingame TAA still leaving jaggies is real strange. i wonder if i'm missing something.
FTAb.jpg

ETAb.jpg

Nick Pal

I've never wasted so much time on or been so aggravated by a game pissing about with widescreenfix, crashes to desktop and losing game saves.. feel my pain CDPR. Natty, I think they might have minimized or eliminated the grass issue with the 3.4 patch. I'll put a few shots up later.

The Witcher 2/.ini tweaks/Reshade Framework

witcher2_2015_11_23_2ulsl9.jpg

witcher2_2015_11_23_24yslk.jpg

There's a terrible looking mod for Battlefront doing the rounds that makes it look like someone recorded footage of the game on a cheap screen with a cheap phone and then added in tonnes of sharpening to try to fix things. IMO the mod looks terrible, and the author's been engaging in really shitty behaviour, but anyway - I wanted to try something new with ReShade, so out of curiosity I tried recreating the look of the guy's mod.

22658270344_6bf128f96c_o.png

23204021591_e4f2b50553_o.png
I fixed up one of the battlefront images also!!

OBLrWLe.jpg

I fixed up one of the battlefront images also!!

OBLrWLe.jpg

Oh em gee! so real lolll!!!1!1 my mind is *LITERALLY* blown. my gpu set on fire just loading that screenshot xDxDDDD

Anyway, to be fair, the author did make his preset really popular on Imgur and r/gaming, both of which are basically the 9gag of internet comments, and it took many reposts until people started circlejerking over it. I guess it just really pisses me off that he's getting a lot of credit for basically taking a shit on Dice's impeccable work and then being incredibly arrogant about it, as if a cheap VHS look is somehow realistic. You know, there's nothing wrong with trying to imitate that look - I did it myself with Alien: Isolation. I just wish he'd call it what it was instead of reposting tonnes of times and bragging about how it's supposedly the most realistic mod ever, when it's just another shitty ReShade preset that makes the author lose 40 FPS, in one of the most optimised games ever released, on a GTX 980M... Looks terrible, performs terribly, and the internet goes crazy over it? Sigh.

22617060524_b9cdfc757b_o.png

22851350017_99f54d5bf5_o.png

Oh em gee! so real lolll!!!1!1 my mind is *LITERALLY* blown. my gpu set on fire just loading that screenshot xDxDDDD

Anyway, to be fair, the author did make his preset really popular on Imgur and r/gaming, both of which are basically the 9gag of internet comments, and it took many reposts until people started circlejerking over it. I guess it just really pisses me off that he's getting a lot of credit for basically taking a shit on Dice's impeccable work and then being incredibly arrogant about it, as if a cheap VHS look is somehow realistic. You know, there's nothing wrong with trying to imitate that look - I did it myself with Alien: Isolation. I just wish he'd call it what it was instead of reposting tonnes of times and bragging about how it's supposedly the most realistic mod ever,

I believe the term for that look is called "bad hdr" ;P

Seyavesh

tryin' out using heavy HDR, which i think looks good in those dark settings
and that cel-shading thing to poor effect... if i could get rid of the jaggies i think it'd look a lot better but still no dice
1YAb.jpg

2YAb.jpg

Nullabe

Dude GTA4 is rendering so well with this EnB. Some screen i made with my config.

IheQkL.jpg

KUPPPy.jpg

Edit : fixed to two screenshots, sorry !

PhilGPT

Dude GTA4 is rendering so well with this EnB. Some screen i made with my config.
Two screenshots per post please. Make more posts if you have more than 2 images... no more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game :)

9622131082_6e82d603a5_o.jpg

tryin' out using heavy HDR, which i think looks good in those dark settings and that cel-shading thing to poor effect... if i could get rid of the jaggies i think it'd look a lot better but still no dice
Downsampling + TAA + some sharpening looks pretty clean for me. I've seen some people complain about godrays causing jaggies, but I never noticed it in my game. Have you tried turning godrays off?

22506384213_4de62ae06d_o.jpg

spk

Maybe when Firefox is getting towards 1GB of memory usage. I still have 32-bit Firefox since as far as I know, 64-bit support remains unofficial/experimental. I don't know if there's a coincidence or not.

In its final stages, entire windows and tabs of Firefox start going black, and restarting it fixes everything of course.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome

One3rd

...that always on FXAA blur...

Would have thought it could be disabled in the ini file. If nothing else works you may be able to use 3DMigoto to remove the FXAA shader. While shader hunting for the HUD in Tomb Raider the other night I found that one of the pixel shaders looked to be FXAA.

Top Bottom