• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne GOTY edition only digital in EU too?

Are they releasing the special edition on dick in the US or is that box art one big troll?

Figured Amazon, Best buy, or even Gamestop would have the retail copy for sale by now.

Kazer

Found it even cheaper at Gamestop (39.97), not sure whether they do free shipping or not though. It comes out on Black Friday, I wonder if it's worth just waiting for the day where they may have some vouchers floating around.

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStat...odborne-goty-edition?&utm_source=tradedoubler

Oh nice. I'm in the US so I'll have to pay shipping either way. :| Not sure if GameStop will ship from the UK or not, but I'll give it a shot.

*edit* Doesn't look like they ship outside the UK. ShopTo it is!

Are they releasing the special edition on dick in the US or is that box art one big troll?

Figured Amazon, Best buy, or even Gamestop would have the retail copy for sale by now.

Digital only in the US unfortunately.

magawolaz

(Sorry for bumping)
Has anyone bought this? Is the DLC on the disc? Is the game already updated to the last patch? Is asian version (The Old Hunters Edition) any different from the GOTY?
I live in italy and I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to buy this (game+dlc).

Raitaro

(Sorry for bumping)
Has anyone bought this? Is the DLC on the disc? Is the game already updated to the last patch? Is asian version (The Old Hunters Edition) any different from the GOTY?
I live in italy and I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to buy this (game+dlc).

I'm still not fully clear on the situation myself honestly, even after reading this thread.

Can someone provide us with a short summary of what version is available in which region and which ones contain The Old Hunters on disc (if any)? Cheers!

convo

I have seen the GOTY edition here in stores in germany, and by all accounts the dlc is on disc. That's how some people were able to play the dlc before the digital release since some european stores sold the GOTY edition early.

Az987

all good things
I'd also like to know. Surely someone on GAF bought the UK version and could say whether the DLC is on the disc or not? I want to be 100% sure before importing it.

magawolaz

I googled another bit and it looks like the game comes indeed already patched and with the DLC on disc.

Any online shop selling the GOTY here in Europe? (for the cheapest possible, lol). Otherwise I might consider importing the asian version, but the long shipping time is really putting me off

Weevilone

Any other good places to source the EU edition from the USA? I can't get either of my credit cards to authorize the pre-check with ShopTo, likely due to security protocols.

They want to charge 1GBP for verification and it gets declined.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Which versions of the GOTY/Old Hunters Edition are in English? Not sure if I want to go with the Japanese release or the EU one, but language is what'll make that determination, of course.

Well, and obviously, that region's version has to have all the content on the disc. No sense in buying it if it just gives me a code.

I'm guessing its considerably more cost effective just printing voucher code cards than authoring entirely new BD discs. If any of these physical boxed versions come with the DLC on disc (with maybe the exception of Japan), I'll be positively shocked.
Sony are stingy motherfuckers.

This.

To be fair, being close to broke is no doubt part of the reason Sony is cheaping out on these sorts of so-called GOTY releases. It sucks hard for those of us who like the idea of having all content on one disc for our collections. And it sucks especially hard for people who are stuck with shitty internet speed (like half of the US) due to inadequate infrastructure. Having all the data on a GOTY edition used to be a great way around that problem. Nowadays, not so much.

The one silver lining (if you can call it that) is generally speaking the GOTY editions with digital DLC are sort of pointless if you already have the original physical release. So there's no need to spend money on the new version. Just wait for a steep discount on the DLC and call it good.

With that in mind, it begs the question if companies really save money with this cheap-ass approach since the GOTY editions that go this route must have lower sales than they would otherwise due to word of mouth. Outside of perfectly timed sales promos at various retailers, why would I bother buying this when I have the original? Without the DLC on disc it's far less desirable to me.

The only thing that makes sense is this trend is another method of battling "sales lost" to the secondary market. But for collectors like me, it kinda makes the re-release pointless...which takes money out of Sony's pocket since now I'll just wait it out and only pick up the DLC when it goes on deep discount for, say, 50% off or more. After hearing about this news, I decided to pick up Bloodborne for $16 new on Black Friday. They'd have made more $$$ off me by selling a GOTY edition with everything on the disc. I doubt I'm alone in this thinking.

Wiggy

My copy finally came!

Happy to confirm that the DLC is ON DISC, there is NO CODE :)

I'm in the UK and bought it from Gamestop.

Any UK sellers ship to the USA and not charge VAT? Amazon doesn't ship to the US but they have absurd shipping anyway.

Also does the Asian Old hunters edition come with the extras japan got?

Top Bottom