• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Does anyone know where I can locate one of the Chun-Li TE2 sticks online in the UK? What's the current recommendation for a PS4 stick if I don't get the TE2? I use a Quanba Q4 RAF for 360/PS3/PC at the moment and love it but I used the original TE Round 2 mostly before that.

ScOULaris

The Chun-Li TE2 has the same thicker plexi from the KI FightStick TE2 on Xbox One. Aside from that it also has the following:

- lenticular graphic panel
- translucent case
- latest firmware

I put in a ticket with Madcatz to have my GGXrd stick's plexi replaced (since it came scuffed) a while ago, and it was approved for replacement. But it has been almost two months now and it still hasn't shipped. Any clue as to what the hold up might be?

Hey Markman when will we see the SF5 official fight sticks? I'm disapointed by the current stick designs, tired of making modded sticks and I'm eager to see what you're preparing, I hope I'll like it. :)
Also do you think you'll have enough stock at release? When SF4 came out the TE was out of stock for weeks and prices went very high.

Running Wild

Neo Member
Got my VLX yesterday.

tumblr_nyn9acgCIh1rcb09yo1_r1_1280.jpg

Plan to do a Seimitsu mod on it down the road.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I put in a ticket with Madcatz to have my GGXrd stick's plexi replaced (since it came scuffed) a while ago, and it was approved for replacement. But it has been almost two months now and it still hasn't shipped. Any clue as to what the hold up might be?

Sorry about your experience. It shouldn't take that long. Please PM me your info again so I can have the team look at it right away.

Hey Markman when will we see the SF5 official fight sticks? I'm disapointed by the current stick designs, tired of making modded sticks and I'm eager to see what you're preparing, I hope I'll like it. :)
Also do you think you'll have enough stock at release? When SF4 came out the TE was out of stock for weeks and prices went very high.

You'll be seeing something really really soon. We've been working hard on it.

The Chun-Li TE2 has the same thicker plexi from the KI FightStick TE2 on Xbox One. Aside from that it also has the following:

- lenticular graphic panel
- translucent case
- latest firmware

So can we get more info on this firmware and is this something that can be applied to the other TE2's?

mauldie

Capcom cup is this weekend. Maybe will get a peak at those new sticks. I've been holding out on buying one to see what they have up their sleeves. Let's hope availability isn't that bad when they release.

BOTEC

What is the version of the Seimitsu stick that fits on this one? I asked here a couole months back but never bot an answer. The LS-32 with the PCB?

Yeah, any -01 designated (with 5-pin header) Seimitsu lever should work. I don't think there is a direct micro switch connected version of the Hayabusa lever, so they all use 5-pin connectors. I've swapped out two Hayabusas for LS-32's myself from other HRAP's.

grimmiq

Is the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai a decent entry level stick? Trying to find a cheap-ish stick in Aus is a bit hard, seems the choice is between a Venom Arcade Stick (Can't find much info on this, seems to be EU only) or this for about $50 extra (Amazon+shipping).

Haven't gotten into a fighting game since Tekken 3 and rarely used a stick back then. Plan on picking up SFV, have Injustice, couple of Last Round characters and picked up GGXrd and USFIV during the last PSN sale.

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone knew of a decent guide to mod an Xbox one te2 to work on ps4. I'm relatively new to fighting games and I'm not super great on the terminology of stick parts.

jbug617

Banned
CVTvJvYUYAEchEI.jpg:large

Continuing with our award winning tournament grade arcade sticks, we have the Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S+ (TE-S+) and Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2+ (TE2+). We listened to the feedback from the gaming community that really fell in love with the original Tournament Edition FightSticks, so we decided to bring it back in form of the TE-S+. Why the plus? We’re adding L3 and R3 buttons, full touch panel compatibility (gesture and button press) along with a refined case for a new generation of Street Fighter. Similarly, we’re doing the same with the TE2, which will also have the additional button and touch panel functionality built in. - See more at: http://madcatz.com/street-fighter-v-arcade-fightstick/#sthash.SzmVZ17n.dpuf

http://store.madcatz.com/Street-Fig...Tournament-Edition-S-for-PS4-PS3.html?whence=
http://store.madcatz.com/Street-Fighter-5-Arcade-FightStick-TE2-for-PS4-PS3.html?whence=

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018AW408C/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018AW405K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Skilletor

Oh wow, I thought for sure they'd come out with a new case. Crow on me.

TE-S+ is great for people that liked that stick. Kind of makes me want to cancel my Chun preorder to grab the new TE2.

so the chun stick with basically jack shit for enhancements gets sold for $230, and right after shipment they announce another stick with actual enhancements for the same price

BiggNife

So has it been confirmed that you can't swap out the buttons/stick in the Alpha? Because it's not mentioned anywhere in the Amazon listing.

yop

The TE S+ looks great and I sincerely hopes it goes back to the build quality of the original TE's and isn't a poor replica. The PS4 TE2 build quality has left me very hesitant about committing to another of their sticks at the prices they're asking in Europe.

lolmark

The TE S+ looks great and I sincerely hopes it goes back to the build quality of the original TE's and isn't a poor replica. The PS4 TE2 build quality has left me very hesitant about committing to another of their sticks at the prices they're asking in Europe.
It's definitely the same molds as the TE-S, just different top panel.

nikos

That TES+ is looking really nice. If it had the TE2+ SFV art, I would have already ordered. I already have a PS4 stick, so I'm going to hold out a bit longer before getting another.

Doesn't look like the art is changeable on the TES+, but that Shadaloo design is quickly growing on me. I always said I'd instabuy that SFV design on a TE2. Both are pretty tempting right now, but I'm still going to hold out to see what else is coming.

v0yce

That TES+ is looking really nice. If it had the TE2+ SFV art, I would have already ordered. I already have a PS4 stick, so I'm going to hold out a bit longer before getting another.

Doesn't look like the art is changeable on the TES+, but that Shadaloo design is quickly growing on me. I always said I'd instabuy that SFV design on a TE2. Both are pretty tempting right now, but I'm still going to hold out to see what else is coming.

I like the Shadaloo design but the MadCatz logo is really distracting on it. Bright red and big.

Also wish they'd size down the "TES+" logo. Is it really necessary to have all these logo's on the front? Especially when they're so large?

BOTEC

So has it been confirmed that you can't swap out the buttons/stick in the Alpha? Because it's not mentioned anywhere in the Amazon listing.

I'm suspicious too. Nothing in the wording on any of the pages says anything like "arcade spec." If they are custom MadCatz parts we may be SOL. Too bad.

Top Bottom