• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Magni

Why is the Sunset Peninsula Reverse racing line glitch back from FM 2? I don't know how this was not picked up during test back in 2007, but I was floored to see that it was STILL there in FM 3! What the fuck?

/nitpick

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Che, listen up, here are the cars I want to see in the future

'63 Ferrari 250 GTO (sorry, but the '64 model does nothing for me)
Porsche 917
'70 Plymouth Superbird (the Dodge Charger Daytona is cool, but I want the other Mopar aero car so I can paint it B5 Blue and put the #43 on it)
'57 Chevy Bel Air
'71 Plymouth 'Cuda
McLaren F1 Street Version
McLaren F1 GTR (non-whale-tail version)
Mazda 787B (as previously mentioned by others)
'70 Chevy Nova SS
Koeingsegg CCX
Koeingsegg CCR
Toyota FT-86
Lexus LF-A
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III

Please do 'em for me, 'kay? :D

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
MagniHarvald said:
Why is the Sunset Peninsula Reverse racing line glitch back from FM 2? I don't know how this was not picked up during test back in 2007, but I was floored to see that it was STILL there in FM 3! What the fuck?

/nitpick
What glitch? Can't say I've noticed one.

watership

Son of Godzilla said:
So I finally cracked this open and the game feels like a warm blanket made of peanut butter. I love how I can have it on Medium with most the assists on and it still feels like I'm fighting tooth and nail for each position.

Biggest problem is the $!%@#ing install. The loading takes forever and a half, but I can't install the main game because I don't have room for two games installed on my HDD and this is totally secondary game for me and goddammit it takes up enough space with the second disc already and I don't even have enough room for the Japanese car pack or the free DLC shit that it came with.

Frakking 20gbs...

I hate to say it, but spend the money and get the 120GB. The price is still a complete rip off, but since I got my elite i never think twice about hard drive space. No more deleting demos and arcade games just to squeeze in 1 install. It's like a whole new console.

Magni

user_nat said:
What glitch? Can't say I've noticed one.

At the end of the oval portion, when the track descends by a couple feet, the racing line stays in the air rather than descending with the track.

Yoritomo

Was wrong about 900 degree mode. It's the best mode with the fanatec. I had configured it wrong. it still exhibits the countersteering assist gek mentioned but up until the point that you're countersteering into a pretty mean slide it's linear and does seem to use the full force feedback of the fanatec.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
PjotrStroganov said:

Glorious car!

Yes, it is. :D

original.aspx

T Ghost

Ok, I got some numbers together.

I'm a Ferrari fan. Simply love'em, it's in my heart, I'm like that, feel sorry if that offended anyone, that's how I am. And Forza Motorsport 3 brings 28 Ferraris from the box and added 2 with the latest DLC. Awesome!

Let's say that want to collect all the Ferraris in game. 30 cars are nothing for a game with over 400. Piece of cake.

So I pulled the strategy guide and started to add the costs of all the Ferraris and got... sad.

If I want to buy 25 of the Ferraris, ignoring the 11 million one, the 15 million one and the 20 million one, It would cost me only 13,625,000Cr.

It's a consensus that you can make an average of 100,000 per hour of racing in FM3.

So to collect my 25/30 Ferraris it would take me arround 136 hours of RACING. Not mentioning menu time, time between races, tunning, upgrading, just counting here ON THE TRACK time.

But as a true a Ferrari collector and a car guy that is also into games, I can't ignore this 3 magnificent models that by themselves add up another additional 46,000,000Cr on my virtual money needs.

So I now need 59,625,000Cr to get my TWENTY EIGHT CARS that I love in this 400+ car game.

But wait! As a tool that I am, it was not enough to go to a midnight launch to get my collectors edition, pay another $20 on the Prima Guide (yes, I'm crazy about Forza that much) I NEEDED to get the holiday pack at launch and threw another $5 on it last night. So now I have 2 more AMAZING Ferraris I NEED to have in my collection, so add up another 2,750,000Cr to my credits goal. I now need 62,625,000Cr.

So let's get to action! I need now to race for ONLY 626 hours. Like any other healthy adult with a wife, family, friends and a professional life I can't dedicate more than 2 to 3 hours a day for video games at best. So I plan that I'll grind on ovals for 208 days in a row, not playing any other game for 7 straight months.

But it will be worthy! because after this 7 months straight using 100% of my gaming time to ONLY grind in ovals in Forza Motorsport 3 I will finally be able to collect and cherish forever all my favorite THIRTY cars.

Phew! Thanks god that I don't want to collect all the 400+ cars in this game!

WOW! Great news! I just found on my Prima Guide, the one that I paid $20 for out of love for the Forza Series, tells me that I'll get 4 Ferraris as rewards for getting driver levels! This will save me a whoping 3,920,000Cr or 39 hours of grinding, 13 full days I'm closer to have ALL my THIRTY Ferraris!!!

T Ghost

Psychotext said:
Doesn't there come a time when you feel you've made your point and nothing else you really say is going to change anything?
I believe that you were one of the few who were doubting of my 1,000+ hours needed to collect only half of the cars in the game?

Is it more tangible to you now and a Consensus that economy in the game is broken?

This is a serious issue in the game design and should be asserted. Like someone already posted here, a significant bonus for every 10 driver levels adding up to 100,000,000 bonus by the end of the 50 levels is one of the ways to go. Probably different numbers but something needs to be done.

Having to grind for 600+ hours to buy 30 cars is nonsense.

WolfgangK

I apologize if I'm LTTP on this or if it was covered previously-but tonight I hired a driver to run a race, had all the assists turned off...but while he was driving, watching the HUD, I noticed the ABS and TCS indicators lighting up.

Why would they light up, if the assists were turned off? Was the AI driver using these assists, even though I'd them turned off?!

I just finished Season 2, and The last couple races, it seems like the difficulty spiked a ton. I'm still not a very good at sim racer's, but I'm having fun as I go.

This is probably a pretty stupid question but what exactly does the "auto brake" assist do? Does it automatically slow you down for turns or something?

EDIT: The OP says that it is for "One button driving". I guess I don't understand the point of just having to hold down the accelerator.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
BlueScrote said:
I just finished Season 2, and The last couple races, it seems like the difficulty spiked a ton. I'm still not a very good at sim racer's, but I'm having fun as I go.

This is probably a pretty stupid question but what exactly does the "auto brake" assist do? Does it automatically slow you down for turns or something?

EDIT: The OP says that it is for "One button driving". I guess I don't understand the point of just having to hold down the accelerator.
Well, you still have to steer. Which is half the fight.

Ignignort

I just wanted to say I got this game yesterday and it looks fantastic, I really like the way the cars handle even if I'm only using awesome little sports cars.

Big plus for giving me the Abarth after 15 minutes, love that car!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
T Ghost said:
I believe that you were one of the few who were doubting of my 1,000+ hours needed to collect only half of the cars in the game?

Is it more tangible to you now and a Consensus that economy in the game is broken?

This is a serious issue in the game design and should be asserted. Like someone already posted here, a significant bonus for every 10 driver levels adding up to 100,000,000 bonus by the end of the 50 levels is one of the ways to go. Probably different numbers but something needs to be done.

Having to grind for 600+ hours to buy 30 cars is nonsense.

You chose the car maker with the most expensive two cars in the game, of course it will take eons to buy all of the Ferrari's if you include those two. I think the way the game disburses credits encourages you to try to turn assists off as you play, since this will net you more credits per race. The 10+ million credit cars are obviously unattainable for normal gamers, those are only for the loons to buy. The vast majority of cars are decently priced (under 1 million credits) and F3 pricing on a whole encourages the player to use the cars in his/her garage before buying another.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
To be fair, driving is not the only way to make money in the game. Although I think that the prize money could be more as the game progresses, I think that's the point they want to make. Tune a car and sell it, paint a car and sell it etc.

Sucks for Silver dudes like me, of course. I really only can race.

They should either ramp up the prizes significantly as the game progresses (do it by driver level, for example) or introduce some kind of cheat.

Even better would be a metagame - you open a racing team and let your drivers take part in events to get a percentage of the winnings. They drive with the cars in your garage. Certainly wouldn't be coded into the game after release, sure, but a man can dream, can't he?

All of the DLC cars I've driven more than justify the price, (thanks for keeping it reasonable, Turn 10).

The 458 Italia can pretty much do no wrong and could well end up being my S-class car of choice. It certainly doesn't hurt that it's the best looking Ferrari since the 355 in my eyes.

Turn 10 finally nailed the sound of the Murcielago with the LP670 SV-- the other models lacked that piercing high-rpm howl. The SV is quite a bit more potent than the LP640, though as with the R35 GT-R, you definitely feel the weight in the corners. Still an incredible car by any means.

As for the Lola-Aston B09/60, just as in reality, the Audi and Peugeot diesels certainly can't compete with the amazing sound it makes. It's also got a seriously high top end; it hit 216 mph at Le Mans and still felt like it had more to give.

Diablohead said:
OK I have had enough of the online racing fuck up now, PI is broken & AWD is overpowered, fucking shit dominant S5 and '08 vipers are so fucking broken that the driver can win with his eyes closed.

Before you jump in and say those cars are good in real life, the PI is not supose to level out cars for an equal race, no? because it's fucking broken and shit, so so shit forza 2 was less broken then this method.

I'm going to fight my way through single player to get those 6 years done, maybe race for all gold and that's it, so fucking god damn broken it makes me upset that nothing gets done about it, oh and that the expert hopper, limited to A class, allows a fucking racing line and optional ABS, why bother at all, why.

*edit* it might be hard to balance 400+ cars to be equal in all areas but more needs to be taken into account, the CPU drives shit and brakes early but a real driver does not so these things are not registered in the PI.
I'd like to toss in my 2 cents and say that since racing online isn't worth it, I'm not paying for Live Gold. So it goes!

Still a great (okay, amazing) offline game though.

(if you want to fix it, Turn10, just give RWD and FWD a slight performance boost -- ie, rate their PI a few points lower until they're "caught up" to the AWDs. Or just change the PI altogether!)

eso76

G Rom said:
Anyway, about the tracks. Why don't we get a Forza 1 tracks pack ? I wouldn't mind seeing Alpine Ring, Tokyo and Rio again.

wouldn't Tokyo or Rio be too texture heavy as dlc ? i think they would end up weighting too much for xbl. Or maybe they could re-use amalfi textures for Rio.

As for having night time racing...not happening i'm afraid. They would have to make cockpits and lights work for all 400 cars, including those which headlights come out of the hood (yeah, there's probably a better term for those, but it escapes me right now) which would require doing changes (although small ones) to several car models. Then you'd probably want some basic dynamic lighting to go with working headlights - something we haven't seen fm3's engine doing - and you'd want them to be damageable.

Unrelated:

My Fanatec has arrived !
I must have spent one hour setting it up and tightening table clamps before even turning it on, and another hour learning to drive.
Managing the 6+1 gearshift + clutch feels overwhelming at first, for some reason (coming from someone who's always been driving manual cars irl) but it becomes second nature in a matter of minutes and there's no turning back. Fujimi Kaido on an Alfa Giulia is quite possibly the most amazing gaming experience ever.

A couple minor complaints:
900° feels off;
Just what i was afraid of; from what i played, the game simulates a maximum of 270° of rotation no matter what, Setting your steering wheel to 900° apparently just remaps the same 270° of simulated steering to the 900° of the Fanatec, basically making the wheel feel unresponsive. 540° doesn't feel right either. In fact, unless i did something wrong with the setup, i'd say setting your wheel to 270° is the only option.

FFB strenght is adjustable both in game options and on the wheel itself. But while i think the default settings (maximum strenght) work fine in forza, 'other games' have the wheel output a MUCH stronger ffb. In other words, what Forza calls 'max' is far from being PWTS' max and while i think it works just fine, i wouldn't mind having the option.

Finally, feedback from hitting curbs often only consists in rumble, which is a tad disappointing.

Having said that, this wheel turns Forza into an entirely different game
If you have the money and plan to use the wheel with both consoles and pc, the Fanatec is worth every penny.

Psychedelicide

Neo Member
twinturbo2 said:
Che, listen up, here are the cars I want to see in the future

'63 Ferrari 250 GTO (sorry, but the '64 model does nothing for me)
Porsche 917
'70 Plymouth Superbird (the Dodge Charger Daytona is cool, but I want the other Mopar aero car so I can paint it B5 Blue and put the #43 on it)
'57 Chevy Bel Air
'71 Plymouth 'Cuda
McLaren F1 Street Version
McLaren F1 GTR (non-whale-tail version)
Mazda 787B (as previously mentioned by others)
'70 Chevy Nova SS
Koeingsegg CCX
Koeingsegg CCR
Toyota FT-86
Lexus LF-A
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III

Please do 'em for me, 'kay? :D

and the '88 Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer!!!

Iknos

T Ghost said:
Ok, I got some numbers together.

I wonder how easy it is to patch or add DLC that gives you another season or more events. This new season could offer a whole lot of cash for winning. Probably not because the event grid uses the entire screen along with the event poster...

Another solution is that T10 can gift random high end cars to everyone. Give a free car away every month...that's only 12 a year.

eso76 said:
900° feels off;
Just what i was afraid of; from what i played, the game simulates a maximum of 270° of rotation no matter what, Setting your steering wheel to 900° apparently just remaps the same 270° of simulated steering to the 900° of the Fanatec, basically making the wheel feel unresponsive. 540° doesn't feel right either. In fact, unless i did something wrong with the setup, i'd say setting your wheel to 270° is the only option..

It's been mentioned a few times here but you can enable true 900 degree steering.

I got an email just recently about my wheel that I bought late October being sent. Should take "up to one week". I so doubt that but hey I just want to have it before my Xbox gets back and before December 17th *wink wink nudge nudge*.

amar212

eso76 said:
My Fanatec has arrived !

Eso, have you got a chance to try Microsoft wheel on FM3 maybe?

Because from what you've described, Fantec actually does nothing more than Microsoft wheel - except it is built 3x better probably.

Strange.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Iknos said:
I wonder how easy it is to patch or add DLC that gives you another season or more events. This new season could offer a whole lot of cash for winning. Probably not because the event grid uses the entire screen along with the event poster...

Another solution is that T10 can gift random high end cars to everyone. Give a free car away every month...that's only 12 a year.
I thought the whole point of the Event List was so they could add new events.

Diablohead said:
OK I have had enough of the online racing fuck up now, PI is broken & AWD is overpowered, fucking shit dominant S5 and '08 vipers are so fucking broken that the driver can win with his eyes closed.

*edit* it might be hard to balance 400+ cars to be equal in all areas but more needs to be taken into account, the CPU drives shit and brakes early but a real driver does not so these things are not registered in the PI.

Why don't you and Amar just get together and set up an on-line room to your liking. You can set up to exactly the way you two want to play and make a few friends on-line that might want to race exactly how you want to. As is those hardcore room is pretty bare, most of time I see only 20-30 people in the hopper (some night only 6-7 people).

Baring that well, it appear Forza 3 may not be for you guys, and simply should just sell the games and wait for that other racing game to come out.

amar212 said:
Eso, have you got a chance to try Microsoft wheel on FM3 maybe?

Because from what you've described, Fantec actually does nothing more than Microsoft wheel - except it is built 3x better probably.

Strange.

Er.. it has real shifter both 6-speed and sequential, clutch, adjustable FFB on the wheel, rumble for brake, and drift mode and much stronger FFB than 360 wheel.

Do you just try to latch on anything that is negative for Forza3 ?

I am not saying the game is perfect but it's far from being a bad game that you try very hard to make it to be. It is a very good racing game, probably best one on the console right now.

amar212

antiquegamer said:
Er.. it has real shifter both 6-speed and sequential, clutch, adjustable FFB on the wheel, rumble for brake, and drift mode and much stronger FFB than 360 wheel.

Do you just try to latch on anything that is negative for Forza3 ?

I am not saying the game is perfect but it's far from being a bad game that you try very hard to make it to be. It is a very good racing game, probably best one on the console right now.

Have you tried both wheels? I'm asking above because I have MS wheel and I was thinking about getting the Fanatec one. I just want to know will the actual feel of driving and force feedback enhance becaue I really do not care about the looks and vibration in pedals.

On the other hand, do not even try to imply me that I'm latching on negative. I play Forza from the first game, have invested serious money so far in it (MS wheel, built of a separate cockpit setup just for it - besides my G25 setup, aother X360 console, Live Gold, etc) and I just want to be able to play it up to it's potential offerings.

I have never said it is a bad game and I agree it is overally the best console racer right now. However, I have very valid points regards some issues FM3 does not do well, and I have right to express them.

antiquegamer said:
Why don't you and Amar just get together and set up an on-line room to your liking. You can set up to exactly the way you two want to play and make a few friends on-line that might want to race exactly how you want to. ...As is those hardcore room is pretty bare, most of time I see only 20-30 people in the hopper (some night only 6-7 people).

I do not bash anyone, I do not insult anyone, I just want to be able to race online with my F355 Challenge and eventually win sometimes in A class race, I want to actually buy some nice cars without need to grind 100+ hours into the SP mode, and I want an Expert mode for onlien where all aids will be off.

Too much?

I don't think so.

And the "hardcore" is probably pretty bare because no hardcore wants to drive against Audi and AWD Viper (what a Godname blasphemy that is) racists who can use both ABS and driving line. Have you thought about that maybe?

Sorry if my postings insulted you, it was meant to be constructive criticism.

Chrange

Banned
amar212 said:

Well, you take the constant stream of complaints - constructive or not - and add stuff like this:

amar212 said:
Great, final nail in the coffin.

Goodbye FM3, see you again when you became "racers game".

After a while it just seems like, if every single post you make about the game is a complaint, why do you even bother playing the it anymore?

It probably doesn't help that you're known as the GT guy :lol

amar212

Chrange said:
Well, you take the constant stream of complaints - constructive or not - and add stuff like this:
It probably doesn't help that you're known as the GT guy :lol

Yeah, I know that. But that's the cross I have to carry no matter what.

However, I have only 3 complaints, and I gave them because I really find them something that needs to be fixed. And many others agree with those. Maybe my posts are just being seen through different lens because of what you've said, but if it will do anything good in fixing things, it is worth it.

KaYotiX

Banned
in all honesty, who really races online much anymore in SIM racers?? Could be just me but i buy Forza 3 and GT5 to just play single player/beat lap times. Ive always hated online racing....

phil_t

Banned
amar212 said:
And the "hardcore" is probably pretty bare because no hardcore wants to drive against Audi and AWD Viper (what a Godname blasphemy that is) racists who can use both ABS and driving line. Have you thought about that maybe?

The thing with ABS and the driving line is that both hinder you if you are 'hardcore'.

You can brake way more efficiently without ABS, and the driving line is far from optimal (it's only meant as a guide)..

If you think people are winning because of ABS and a racing line, you aren't racing with anyone remotely capable..

I'm distinctly average but have done some hot lap competitions on various forums, and done reasonably well, and can categorically say you can't get remotely decent laptimes with ABS and following the racing line..

Jube3

Where the heck did this audi/viper racist stuff come from?

in all honesty, who really races online much anymore in SIM racers?? Could be just me but i buy Forza 3 and GT5 to just play single player/beat lap times. Ive always hated online racing....

Yea im not into random ranked racing, too many unknown variables to worry about. Like playing a first person shooter with friendly fire on lol. Racing with friends is a ton of fun, I dont do ranked matches just friendly races with friends. Always makes for fun times.

eso76

Iknos said:
It's been mentioned a few times here but you can enable true 900 degree steering.

i tried, but all i got was having to turn the wheel 450° for a 135° rotation ingame. Maybe i did something wrong.

To Amar:

Having said that, even at 270° the feeling is a lot better than MS Wheel, and that's not even taking into account clutch and 6+1 shifter which really make a huge difference.
A 350$ difference...well, it really depends on your budget.
I mean, obviously going from MS Wheel to Fanatec is not as huge as going from Pad to MS Wheel, but the feeling is still quite a lot better and since you also have a G25 i would definitely replace 2 wheels + cockpits with one Fanatec setup which would work with both the ps3 and xbox360

Mr YuYu

I really don't mind the high price of some cars. Makes the car more exclusive.

The minute you finally get enough money to buy it, youre bound to feel special :)

And then you can start showing of your awesome purchase online. Whats the point to finally getting that 1 awesome/exclusive car if everyone is racing it?

anyway, just my 2 cents.

Edit: small question. I just bought the DLC car pack. Will my mate who did not buy the car pack see my car when we are racing online? Because i read somewhere that he will see some generic car instead. Hopefully that is not the case! Whats the point in showing of my new purchase if it is some generic bullshit!

Iknos

KaYotiX said:

System Link. Get all your consoles and friends and TVs and wheels and one room. The most fun racing experience you'll ever have. Guaranteed.

But hey...no SL in FM3.

Online is the next best thing. Still a lot of fun.

phil_t said:
The thing with ABS and the driving line is that both hinder you if you are 'hardcore'.

Totally agree but most people on the FM forums were asking for everything off and I don't see why they can't get what they want.

I don't know how many players are online on a given night but days after release it wasn't that many. I appreciate the gradual changes being made but it's sorta ridiculous.

Whoever was in charge of the whole multiplayer setup messed up plain and simple. No track day. No practice day. No qualifying day. No rolling starts. Very basic elimination mode that isn't very tweakable.

It has nothing to do with the engine being inadequate or a lack of time to program these modes. It had to do with a lack of vision and not really understanding what racing fans want.

And then the hoppers...I can understanding catering to casual gamers but can't the hopper system offer something for everyone?

I only got to play MW2 days before my 360 died on me but even in those few days I saw the hoppers change and evolve most likely due to user feedback.

Something that would have made sense are online hoppers based on the SP events that change weekly.

forza-motorsport-3-20090729031049060.jpg

Re-use those great looking event posters and use them for online modes. Have 3 hoppers for the event at 3 difficulties with the hardest removing all assists. Change the event every week. I can imagine drivers having very competitively tuned cars by the end if the week if T10 did something like this.

Don't mean to be overly hating on the game but damn it has a lot of potential to get better and even definitive in key areas and all it required was a bit of foresight and vision.

The point is that T10 should hire me as a co-producer of their next title. That's all I'm saying guys... :lol

T Ghost said:
No, I said two things... one was that I seem to have plenty of credits despite playing f'all. The other was that I'd never attempt to get all the cars because I wouldn't even have time to look at them all, let alone get the credits for them.

eso76 said:
i tried, but all i got was having to turn the wheel 450° for a 135° rotation ingame. Maybe i did something wrong.
I'd be quite interested in how to do it too.

rjcc

Mr YuYu said:
Edit: small question. I just bought the DLC car pack. Will my mate who did not buy the car pack see my car when we are racing online? Because i read somewhere that he will see some generic car instead. Hopefully that is not the case! Whats the point in showing of my new purchase if it is some generic bullshit!

it's the same as it has always been, there's a free car, he needs to download that, then he'll be able to see all the other cars when people use them.

amar212 said:
Have you tried both wheels? I'm asking above because I have MS wheel and I was thinking about getting the Fanatec one. I just want to know will the actual feel of driving and force feedback enhance becaue I really do not care about the looks and vibration in pedals.

Yes, I have both wheels, well had, because I sold 360 wheel. Well, what do you think of the G25 wheel, compare to 360 wheel since you have both, it's sort of like that. As someone said it's not a big leap as it was from pad to wheel but it's definitely is better. After the pedal that came with Fanatec died, and I went back to 360 wheels waiting for the adaptor to come, I definitely miss the feel of Fanatec wheel.

Your post doesn't insult me, why should it, I don't have any investment in Forza aside from buying the game and having fun with it, but it become quite tiring to read your constant complains as if the game is so broken. There are many things I wish T10 would do better, take the Fanatec wheel for example, it is the official wheel yet it's not fully support in-game as far as set up etc, granted this may be because the wheel was finished way after the game was done and went gold, but it would be nice to see Fanatec wheel as option. This is always problem with Microsoft anyway, they take one stop forward and two back because bottom line to them is more important (which is too bad). That said, it's doesnt make the game crap or the wheel bad, because it's still function under 360 wheel setup althought not as optinum as one would like.

To me, game like Forza 3 (and the equivalent one on that other platform) is always going to straddle between the true-sim on PC and console sim. There will always some compromise make for the game to work in console eco-system. I think Forza 3 did a pretty good job of making this compromise work. I have fun with it, despite some of its shortcomings.

Drastic

Mr YuYu said:

There are 2 versions of the DLC, one paid and one free. The free one is a sample which only gives you the S4. You get the other cars added as well, you just can't buy or drive them. This will allow you to see all the DLC cars in multiplayer accurately. This is how all the car DLC is handled since Forza 2.

I'm not sure about F3, but in F2 if you didn't have the dlc, in the lobby the car shows as "DLC Car" or something like that. In the race the dlc car is some kind of green ghost semi-transparent boxy vehicle. This is cleared up once you get the free version.

... most people on the FM forums were asking for everything off and I don't see why they can't get what they want.

To me this is the most valid complaint. T10 asked us what we wanted, in various different ways and we responded. One way was we had to fill out a complete template of all game settings which was time consuming, but many did it anyway. Then after all that, they still give something different. I'm just not sure why.

I think the root of the frustration with the MP hopper system is we were told to expect daily additions/changes to reflect the racing that we wanted. We haven't gotten that, at all. If they put the sim hopper up and it doesn't fly with the public, then fine, at least they gave it a shot and gave their core fans what they asked for.

At this point what worries me most is the last hopper change, which took 2 weeks (+?) to deliver, came immediately after a Title Update which leads me to think there is something wrong with the ability to change the hoppers on the fly. I am beginning to wonder if the game will need a Title Update for every serious hopper change or addition.

Cases in point:

1) It has been over 2 weeks since the last hopper update. Many things have been requested. Even if they don't do requests, it seems something should have been added since then?

2) Turn 10 said on 11/19 that they were adding:
• Oval: Add “Any Class” Top Speed hopper
• Oval: Add “Stock Car” hopper limited to Ford, Dodge and Chevy Stock Cars
Three weeks later and we still don't have them.

These issues, the way the hopper updates have been handled thus far, and T10's complete silence on the issues (while their fans are begging for answers) leads me to believe there is some type of technical issue or problem with updating the hoppers as they planned.

Mr YuYu

Drastic said:
There are 2 versions of the DLC, one paid and one free. The free one is a sample which only gives you the S4. You get the other cars added as well, you just can't buy or drive them. This will allow you to see all the DLC cars in multiplayer accurately. This is how all the car DLC is handled since Forza 2.

I'm not sure about F3, but in F2 if you didn't have the dlc, in the lobby the car shows as "DLC Car" or something like that. In the race the dlc car is some kind of green ghost semi-transparent boxy vehicle. This is cleared up once you get the free version.

Thx for the answer!

thats some smart thinking on Turn 10's behalf. Give away a free car and meanwhile everyone has the download. And the people who bought the DLC pack can show of their new cars. nice. nice.
(don't wanna sound like an idiot here but this is all kinda new to me)

Still, should be an obligatory download. I want everyone to see my (soon to be) new murcielago! (which i still have to race about 5 hours for to get enough credits :)

antiquegamer said:
Why don't you and Amar just get together and set up an on-line room to your liking. You can set up to exactly the way you two want to play and make a few friends on-line that might want to race exactly how you want to. As is those hardcore room is pretty bare, most of time I see only 20-30 people in the hopper (some night only 6-7 people).

Baring that well, it appear Forza 3 may not be for you guys, and simply should just sell the games and wait for that other racing game to come out.
I never had a problem racing online in a RWD in forza 1 or 2 (f1 was much more unbalanced though) and the point of a hopper is to jump in and race without waiting for the host to either start the game, idle, change settings after you enter or kick you out because he is scared of your high/low trueskill.

Plenty of races I have had in f2 were with randoms who stuck ABS and TCS off, 5 lap races with damage etc. Right now nearly all the online hoppers are shit or made for the much lighter side of sim racing, sim not being a brilliant word to use here.

AWD is broken, it would be more fun to see some rear wheel drivers online who cam compete but it's once in a blue moon if that you ever see anyone try, everyone I seen with a fairly high trueskill is using AWD or the broken car for that class being something like the 08 viper in S class, audi S4's in A class etc, note these are all AWD cars too.

The game itself is great and I love driving in it, the cpu can be a bit broken with early brakes and having the PI too apart unless you make and setup your own private AI race ONLINE since this option seems to not exists offline at all. But the car balance just doesn't work online at all, while forza 1 had a pi system which was a bit off balance and improved for 2, 3's pi is like a step back. It makes me feel upset seeing one of my fave racing games go the wrong way.

Also online, point to point racing is still a fully open PI class, there are NO rwd races apart from drag.

KaYotiX said:
Half the game for me is going online with a custom tuned car and competing against other real drivers, no AI will ever give me the thrill of racing someone else head to head for the pole where human errors can happen. To me it's important.

T Ghost

Psychotext said:
No, I said two things... one was that I seem to have plenty of credits despite playing f'all. The other was that I'd never attempt to get all the cars because I wouldn't even have time to look at them all, let alone get the credits for them.

I'm not talking about buying all cars. I'm talking about buying 30 cars out of 400. 600+ hours to get 30 cars. Is it reasonable to you? For me it's not. For drifters and muscle lovers it's great as this cars are reasonably priced. For people who like European sport cars and real world class racing cars it's f... up. I don't understand why are you still denying this very fact.

duderon said:
You chose the car maker with the most expensive two cars in the game, of course it will take eons to buy all of the Ferrari's if you include those two. I think the way the game disburses credits encourages you to try to turn assists off as you play, since this will net you more credits per race. The 10+ million credit cars are obviously unattainable for normal gamers, those are only for the loons to buy. The vast majority of cars are decently priced (under 1 million credits) and F3 pricing on a whole encourages the player to use the cars in his/her garage before buying another.

Did you read on my post that even if you ignore the 3 Ferraris over 10 million you still take 168 hours of racing to get the only 25 "reasonably" priced mundane Ferrari's?

Is true that in this 25 Ferrari cars roster there are same model racing cars with very little mechanical difference so you can save now some 50 hours by not getting them. but the 2 from DLC are literally non-skippable add another 30 hours of Griding to get.

And understand, I don't want this Ferraris to "kick ass" online. Once 'cause I don't have the driving skills for that. Second that I don't care about online racing as much. It's a nice plus at best for me.

I like to colect the cars, upgrade them differently, tune them, see the differences, experiment on them. I'm a car lover, I'm a Ferrari lover, I cherished them and that's why I want all Ferraris in the game and that's what I want to do with them. 30 cars. Not much to ask. But having to race 600 hours BEFORE I can complete a collection it's not right. I have the game since launch day, midnight. It's the game I played the most since then and I didn't beat 60 hours total, including menu, tunning time and all. By the way Forza 3 is I'll NEVER EVER have all my 30 Ferraris. Why design a game that fend away the car lovers? What about that speech from Greenwaldt about a game that would appeal to the gearheads and the kid with the Lambo poster and shit?

Talking about Lambo, I didn't even start about my passion for Lamborghinis and Alfa-Romeos yet... :lol

Geoff9920

T Ghost said:
I'm not talking about buying all cars. I'm talking about buying 30 cars out of 400. 600+ hours to get 30 cars. Is it reasonable to you? For me it's not. For drifters and muscle lovers it's great as this cars are reasonably priced. For people who like European sport cars and real world class racing cars it's f... up. I don't understand why are you still denying this very fact.
I realize it's not an ideal option, but it seems like you could save yourself a lot of time and money by buying the 30 cars you want via the auction house instead of buying directly via the game store.

Gek54

user_nat said:
Well, you still have to steer. Which is half the fight.

Is the other half fighting the permanent active steering aid?

eso76 said:
A couple minor complaints:
900° feels off;
Just what i was afraid of; from what i played, the game simulates a maximum of 270° of rotation no matter what, Setting your steering wheel to 900° apparently just remaps the same 270° of simulated steering to the 900° of the Fanatec, basically making the wheel feel unresponsive. 540° doesn't feel right either. In fact, unless i did something wrong with the setup, i'd say setting your wheel to 270° is the only option.

I really hope this isnt a limitation of the special XID 'chip' from MS that Fanatec had to put in the wheel. The wheel works beautifully with PC and PS3 with GT5P. Dirt 2 on 360 with its linearity setting zeroed feels better but its still a fairly lose simulation. I still need to test Race Pro...

T Ghost

Geoff9920 said:
I realize it's not an ideal option, but it seems like you could save yourself a lot of time and money by buying the 30 cars you want via the auction house instead of buying directly via the game store.
I tought the same. The FXX is the only you were you can actually save money. I think it's because you get this 3 million car from career mode.

The rest is also ridiculously priced. The 11 million credits Ferrari is sold at the auction at a higher price actually.

Geoff9920 said:
Ah cars are mostly ones people have won and want to sell off, not many people spend 5mil on a car, dislike it and sell it for much cheaper on the AH. still going to be a few mil if you find one and spend an hour out bidding someone else.

The f2 achievement for collecting all the cars was slow but possible, in forza 3 it would be a total nightmare. at least in f2 you knew you could own all the cars, not in f3 at this rate.

Also in forza 2 I was willing to buy a car worth a few hundred K to test it out, tune it and race it before moving on, half the cars I want to test out and tune are over a million each, overkill prices for a game where they want you to tune and race cars.

Geoff9920

T Ghost said:
I tought the same. The FXX is the only you were you can actually save money. I think it's because you get this 3 million car from career mode.

The rest is also ridiculously priced. The 11 million credits Ferrari is sold at the auction at a higher price actually.
Huh, maybe the one I checked was just a fluke then. Looked up the 20 million 250 GTO and saw it selling for $13.5M buyout. Not ideal by any means but still way better than $20m.

Top Bottom