• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu Yoshida: "Console Debut" means it may come to other consoles in the future (NNK2)

Withnail

Why would that guy smash his console? o_O

And what does he think Shu can do about where a third party publisher releases its games?

Nanashrew

Banned
LMFAO! What the fuck is up with all these people proclaiming shot is going to get released on NX before we even know what the system even is. It's like they think the more obnoxious their comments are the more likely it is to happen or something. This snide closest NX port begging needs to stop. For real.

I think for some, it's given them hope since hearing that the newest Dragon Quest will also be on NX.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I expect a tire fire by morning!

Good, these title will find better audience on NX

justin-timerlake.jpg

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
It will probably release for 3DS in Japan only, just like the first game. The NX hasn't even been announced yet and we don't know what it is. I guess people forgot Ni No Kuni 1 wasn't a PS3 exclusive ?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Geez at the comment after Shu's reply. Gamers can be so pathetic sometimes (me included)

And What's up with all the NX talk? Nobody knows what that thing is except Nintendo. Maybe you all cheering at Nintendo's first Mobile Phone that will play Nintendo games??
Nintendo and Level 5 are very close, obviously they already know about the NX and what they can expect. This would be the first self published Level 5 project to not hit a Nintendo system in one or another way.

I would be shocked if Yokai Watch 3, Snack World and NNK2 won't head to NX as well I the future.

These J RPGs devs definitely aren't talking about late Xbox One port after they already released a game on PS4. Good luck getting people to double dip.. With NX and it's portable versiin though they are able to reach a way wider audience for their domestic market.

Eolz

Well there it is.
Now hopefully people can stop insisting it (or other games) is an exclusive.
A bit tiring that they never want to clarify this kind of thing, even if it is relatively simple...

Wow, that second answer, as if a game is any worse because it is being multiplatform ... and wow that this guy really thinks that PR guys actually talk truth 100% all the time.

Just like back then, when that one Nintendo EU PR dude was asked about the DSlite, and he never heared of it. Or when Mikami talked about chopping off his head if Resident Evil 4 would go multiplatform. The latter one was one bloody mess, i remember. :)

And What's up with all the NX talk? Nobody knows what that thing is except Nintendo. Maybe you all cheering at Nintendo's first Mobile Phone that will play Nintendo games??
To be fair, SQEX did this, too ... on two occasions. Stirred up some pretty large threads ... but you don't seem to follow those news, because you would know that NX is definitely not a mobile phone then. ;)

God damn at that terrible reply to Yosp, some people have issues.

Reminds me that i had someone say i must be drunk on Twitter because i said that i thought PSX was a solid show with some big games and a lot of interesting smaller ones and so i checked that persons account and they said "I am literately selling my PS4 and buying an xbox after that show".

I swear the hyperbole from a lot of gamers in reactions to news/events is pretty shameful and just shows that those people have a complete lack of understanding and end up hyping themselves out of reality.

salromano

Too much confusion from this show.

[This post has been updated from its original version, which other people quoted below.]

Console Exclusive implies there's a PC version.
Console Debut implies possibility of release on other platforms.

Yakuza 0

Yakuza 0 has been out in Japan since February for PlayStation 4 and PS3. The slide called it a "PS4 Console Exclusive." Sega's press release mentioned nothing about a PC version.

Nioh

Gio Corsi called Nioh "exclusive to our platform." The announcement trailer for Japan at SCEJA Press Conference 2015 said "2016 - Only on PlayStation 4." The YouTube description for the new trailer released at PlayStation Experience says: "Nioh is a dark, samurai-centric, action RPG currently in development by Koei Tecmo Games exclusively for the PlayStation 4 platform." The slide said "PlayStation 4 Console Exclusive."

Edit 12/7: Nioh press release just went out: "Hertfordshire, 07 December 2015 – At the recent PlayStation Experience event in San Francisco, CA, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and KOEI TECMO announced that Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team NINJA."

The King of Fighters XIV

Both Gio Corsi and the slide called The King of Fighters XIV a "console exclusive," but the latest press release (released today) is headlined with "PlayStation 4 Exclusive The King of Fighters XIV."

Ace Combat 7

The slide called Ace Combat 7 a "PS VR Exclusive." The press release indicates it's a PlayStation 4 game with support for PlayStation VR.

Edit 12/10: The source code for the Ace Combat 7 website says "PS4専用ソフト『エースコンバット7』" (PS4-exclusive software Ace Combat 7).

Ni no Kuni II

Adam Boyes called Ni no Kuni II an "exclusive PlayStation 4 title" and the PlayStation Twitter account also called it an "exclusive" title. The slide said "PS4 Console Debut."

Edit 12/7: The Ni no Kuni II Japanese trailer says "PS4専用ソフト" in the description, which means "PlayStation 4-exclusive software."

Anyway, whatever the case may be, these are all coming to PlayStation 4, and if you like most of these, there's a chance you enjoy Japanese video games, and there's a shit ton more coming to PlayStation 4, so be happy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PenemN has some issues.

Some people have said in the Steam package name leak thread that they're bothered or even physically repulsed by the idea of exclusives going multiplatform. It's... well, pathetic, frankly.

Paracelsus

Wow, that second answer, as if a game is any worse because it is being multiplatform ... and wow that this guy really thinks that PR guys actually talk truth 100% all the time.

Just like back then, when that one Nintendo EU PR dude was asked about the DSlite, and he never heared of it. Or when Mikami talked about chopping off his head if Resident Evil 4 would go multiplatform. The latter one was one bloody mess, i remember. :)

To be fair, SQEX did this, too ... on two occasions. Stirred up some pretty large threads ... but you don't seem to follow those news, because you would know that NX is definitely not a mobile phone then. ;)

Believe it or not, there's people on this planet who aren't exactly rich, who need to count their change to buy something, and sacrifice x to get y.

If someone is investing into a PS4 over a mild gpu upgrade or waiting for a NX or whatever, and he's doing it not because he cares for Uncharted 4 or Gran Turismo 7 but because he has no other way to play NieR:A and NNK2, the least you can do is tell them "it's up in the air".

The whole "PS3 has no games" was born from "I literally could not care less for their first parties, I am here for their third party exclusive titles, and PS3 has got none" because Sony was never known for their original IP but as the ultimate third party machine. It was of course hyperbole to the max but that was the gist of it. Sony from last gen didn't step up their first party effort out of kindness, they did because they had no choice.

EGM1966

Wow, even the most dedicated Nintendo guys want the Wii U to die already.

Expected from overly invested people. They want the failures to disappear quickly because they're convinced the replacement will succeed where the failure should have.

If it does then vindication: they were right all along and they showed the doubters.

If it doesn't then rinse repeat: just wait for the next iteration for justice to be done.

Zhao_Yun

Too much confusion from this show.

Console Exclusive implies there's a PC version.
Console Debut implies possibility of release on other platforms.

Yakuza 0 has been out in Japan since February for PlayStation 4 and PS3. The slide called it a "PS4 Console Exclusive." Sega's press release mentioned nothing about a PC version.

Gio Corsi called Nioh "exclusive to our platform." The announcement trailer for Japan at SCEJA Press Conference 2015 said "2016 - Only on PlayStation 4." The YouTube description for the new trailer released at PlayStation Experience says: "Nioh is a dark, samurai-centric, action RPG currently in development by Koei Tecmo Games exclusively for the PlayStation 4 platform." The slide said "PlayStation 4 Console Exclusive."

Both Gio Corsi and the slide called The King of Fighters XIV a "console exclusive," but the latest press release (released today) is headlined with "PlayStation 4 Exclusive The King of Fighters XIV."

The slide called Ace Combat 7 a "PS VR Exclusive." The press release indicates it's a PlayStation 4 game with support for PlayStation VR.

Adam Boyes called Ni no Kuni an "exclusive PlayStation 4 title" and the PlayStation Twitter account also called it an "exclusive" title. The slide said "PS4 Console Debut."

Anyway, whatever the case may be, these are all coming to PlayStation 4, and if you like most of these, there's a chance you enjoy Japanese video games, and there's a shit ton more coming to PlayStation 4, so be happy.

Good summary and I agree with your last passage.

Rurunaki

Have to agree with some of the posters here. Nintendo hardcores can't wait for NX that trhey're already burying Wii U..

HardRojo

Doubts? Research a little. Though I'm pretty sure most people won't care whether the title is exclusive or not, they'll just want to play it. Also, I've met people who thought games like Destiny were PS4 exclusive lol, so I guess that's one of the goals of these announcements, but as I said, they probably don't care whether it's a exclusive or not and will just buy and play it.

SparkTR

Why people ignoring why Boyes said on stage anyway?

Console debut also means MAY come to other platforms. Doesn't mean it will.

Sure, but given how game development is these days with larger budgets and how similar architecture is between platforms, I'm going to assume any AAA third party game that isn't funded by platform holders is going to expand to more platforms eventually. Just purely for a financial point of view, it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Believe it or not, there's people on this planet who aren't exactly rich, who need to count their change to buy something, and sacrifice x to get y.

If someone is investing into a PS4 over a mild gpu upgrade or waiting for a NX or whatever, and he's doing it not because he cares for Uncharted 4 or Gran Turismo 7 but because he has no other way to play NieR:A and NNK2, the least you can do is tell them "it's up in the air".

The whole "PS3 has no games" was born from "I literally could not care less for their first parties, I am here for their third party exclusive titles, and PS3 has got none" because Sony was never known for their original IP but as the ultimate third party machine. It was of course hyperbole to the max but that was the gist of it. Sony from last gen didn't step up their first party effort out of kindness, they did because they had no choice.
I can understand your logic, which, in case of the PSX-shown games with "Console Debut" and this particular Twitter jackhead doesn't apply.

I believe someone following Mr. Yoshida on Twitter and having seen the PSX conference, is far too invested of not having a PS4 system already. Thus, the games still coming out on PS4, and maaaayyybeee other platforms on a later date, doesn't change the fact that he/she can play the games, shown at PSX, with "Console Debut" on PS4.

Making his statements at least console-warriorish, and it makes me consider that certain person is only interested in Game XYZ , not because it's coming out on PS4, but because it's not coming to other platforms. :)

This needed bolding ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Eolz

Some people on this last page don't seem to understand that as a publisher, you don't decide at the last moment "oh yeah maybe it will make sense on this platform too". They already decided it will not be an exclusive, they just don't announce the other platforms at the moment for various (good) reasons, like a deal with Sony, MS/N wanting to announce at another date, marketing strategy, etc.
I don't see the point of wanting to create another narrative.

Riddick

People are acting here as if this Pen guy is the first idiot on social media. The only one I blame here is Yoshida for bothering to reply to that moron. There's a difference between being a great executive and just accepting the abuse from your potential customers.

Top Bottom