• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7 details and screens

New thread for new info

some info from famitsu:

-everything from the trailer was real-time.
-you can pick certain cloud in the sky and fly toward it, and the cloud will be there properly.
-The orbital elevator is the symbol of this title
-The big airship is imaginary ship that fly around and protect the orbital elevator
-PSVR is something that seems to fit the concept of flying freely in the sky, so they decided to implement right away
-development is about 20% done.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8431236.html

Some information
cut by fockin Hachima

- the concept is to make better numbered sequel by making sure of what is important for numbered series
-AC7 has three axis, first one is drawing of the sky including three-dimensional cloud
-another axis is seeking the enjoyment of "airplane-pretend play"(the very first concept of Ace Combat). not a finish move by pushing one button but maneuvers by piloting
-third is enhancing variety of the way to beat missions
-return to the fictional world called Strangereal, but want to make it enjoyable for beginners of the series.
-the place where the woman stood in PV was so high that people can't go there without pressurized suit
-that giant air ship is called "FAS"

ac7an8seu.jpg

ac7bngsi7.jpg

ac7cezs5a.jpg

l_5666b23c603a5t6shx.jpg

l_5666b23c6422ccosxw.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/10094866.html

http://gematsu.com/gallery/ace-combat-7/december-5-2015/

-another axis is seeking the enjoyment of "airplane-pretend play"(the very first concept of Ace Combat). not a finish move by pushing one button but maneuvers by piloting

YASSSSS.

Praise the lord.

Stike

Can't wait. This is one of PSVR's potential killer titles.

This may become what I always wanted to have with the Afterburner Arcade machine.

Now all I need in addition to the PSVR is a moving, shaking seat :D

Mikey Jr.

This might be the killer app for VR.

That mission in Battlefield 3 where you go and pilot a jet. That shit gave me chills.

To be able to do that in VR? Dear God.

Ridley327

This might be the killer app for VR.

That mission in Battlefield 3 where you go and pilot a jet. That shit gave me chills.

To be able to do that in VR? Dear God.

It looks like there's also some HALO insertion action going by the trailer, which should also make for a good time.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'll get PSVR for this.

I said this in the other thread.

Until they commit to VR like the War Thunder devs have I don't trust this "VR Features" statement.

War Thunder Statement "our game will be playable in VR"

Ace Combat 7 "will have VR Features"

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The glorious return of Strangereal.

That it is the canon term now is still so hilarious to me.

Was this Console Exclusive or First on PS4?

"PS VR Exclusive" was the text on-screen at PSX. Could just be exclusive VR features to the PS4 version that other systems wouldn't get.

PlayStation®4 players will also be able to get immersed in ACE COMBAT 7’s realism through exclusive features developed specifically for PlayStation®VR.

The above quote was the only time anything "exclusive" was mentioned directly from Bandai Namco (at least that I've seen). Could be a timed announcement like Diablo 3 on PS3 where other platforms get revealed down the road.

"you can pick certain cloud in the sky and fly toward it, and the cloud will be there properly."

Destiny of the clouds? The mountains of the sky?

There's a dumb pun kicking around this low-hanging fruit somewhere.

Keasar

Some information
cut by fockin Hachima

- the concept is to make better numbered sequel by making sure of what is important for numbered series
-AC7 has three axis, first one is drawing of the sky including three-dimensional cloud
-third is enhancing variety of the way to beat missions
-return to the fictional world called Strangereal, but want to make it enjoyable for beginners of the series.
-the place where the woman stood in PV was so high that people can't go there without pressurized suit
-that giant air ship is called "FAS"

My first Ace Combat was Ace Combat 6, I had no idea about the series before except it was a arcadey dog fighter. I have no idea what kind of dull person you have to be NOT to enjoy the fact that you were fighting for a (Not-America) Gracemaria against the (Not-Russia) Estovakia, who has a gigantic flying super carrier with super anti-air cruise missiles guarded by Spetznas Pilots. Then I heard there were things like Anti-Meteor railguns in earlier games that were used to shoot down airplanes and my mind went "How the fuck did I not know about this series before!?"

Strangereal kicked ass.

Dio

Banned
My first Ace Combat was Ace Combat 6, I had no idea about the series before except it was a arcadey dog fighter. I have no idea what kind of dull person you have to be NOT to enjoy the fact that you were fighting for a (Not-America) Gracemaria against the (Not-Russia) Estovakia, who has a gigantic flying super carrier with super anti-air cruise missiles guarded by Spetznas Pilots.

Strangereal kicked ass.

I assume they're just saying that to make it not be, like, self-referential and tackle plot points you'd only understand if you played earlier games.

Sounds so bloody good right now. Really hope they can pull it off.

And yeah, this and REZ make PSVR a certainty in my future now.

The F-22 having those under wing pods is annoying me lol

edit: Yes, I know in real life they have wing hard points. Kind of kills the stealth look haha.

Dio

Banned
How would you describe Ace Combat's Gameplay? SHMUP?

Have you ever played a flight combat game where you can switch between first and third person before? Even something like Starfox is acceptable as being in somewhat of the same ballpark.

MouldyK

Have you ever played a flight combat game where you can switch between first and third person before? Even something like Starfox is acceptable as being in somewhat of the same ballpark.

Ah, okay. Just wondered is all.

Because looking at some of the missions, you face against things which look like SHMUP Bosses (giant death fortresses).

Top Bottom