• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFKIe7g.gif

farisr

Lol can't wait for Jubilee blow the shiet out of apoc, her design is on point and is the highlight of the trailer. Storm's Hairdo is fantastic as well, and I am glad that no Wolverine this time around to Cyclops can shine as the true leader of the X-men!
Honestly, I'm not. I'd rather have yet another movie with its focus on Wolverine than give Mystique/JLaw more screentime. Her character in these movies is one of the weakest things imo, and this trailer seems to reinforce that opinion. (I like JLaw in other movies).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm confused how Angel can even exist. He was a teenager in X3. I know DoFP changed the timeline for a lot of the X-Men, but why is he suddenly born earlier because of it? It's just strange.

Trailer didn't do much for me and there was some corny-ass green screening in there, but I loved DoFP and am sure this one will be a better film than this first trailer would suspect me to believe.

Shaanyboi

Banned
probably gonna be one of the horseman, i saw storm, psylocke and Archangel, or was Mags going to be his fourth?

The Horsemen here are Magneto, Psylocke, Storm, and Archangel.

I'm confused how Angel can even exist. He was a teenager in X3. I know DoFP changed the timeline for a lot of the X-Men, but why is he suddenly born earlier because of it? It's just strange.

The X-men movies don't give a fuuuuuck about continuity. Remember at the start of X3 when a bald, walking Patrick Stewart recruited Jean Grey with Eric? Or in X-Men Origins when a young Cyclops was a captive mutant alongside a teenaged Emma Frost?

LiK

yea, DoFP basically rebooted the timeline so the original trilogy is gone. Singer is just doing whatever he likes now.

Why is showing a glimpse of Xavier bald supposed to be "cool" or something worth ending the trailer with? Its like they tried to make it a big deal. He's just bald. We get it.

Anyways, awesome trailer. McAvoy and Fassbender have yet to disappoint. Id watch these movies if they werent in them, but theyre just really fun to watch together, it makes the movies better to me.

I look forward to the plot twist explaining why the First Class characters have all aged at a quarter of the normal human rate.

Don't mutants age slower than normal humans? I thought I read that in the comic at some point. Kind of how they're also immune to AIDS. Might be one way they try to explain away the fact character histories are rooted 30-40 years in the past but they look the same age.

G-Fex

I watched DoFP again recently and I really liked it getting excited about this then watching the trailer...it was just ok. Nothing spectacular.. Girl who plays Jean seems awful, as is the usual awful Jennifer Lawrence.

Guess the turtles are the hypest mutants for next year after all.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I actually laughed out loud at that Angel/Archangel scene. He looks terrible. But this looks like all the other X-men movies. If you liked those you will probably like this one as well. (Personally think they have been mostly crap. X2 was pretty good though)

LiK

I watched DoFP again recently and I really liked it getting excited about this then watching the trailer...it was just ok. Nothing spectacular.. Girl who plays Jean seems awful, as is the usual awful Jennifer Lawrence.

Guess the turtles are the hypest mutants for next year after all.

yea, who plays Jean? she was pretty bad in that scene. the read was flat.

jmood88

Just copy/pasting what I said in the other thread:

The trailer was fine but man, that green screen stuff looked horrendou

Dragun619

Yea, that looked alright. Ill probably see it as liked most xmen movies.

But yea, is wolverine in this one? If not, then Thats pretty suprising. Didnt think id see a bryan singer xmen trailer without wolverine,lol.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm all in on this. I think it looks pretty awesome. Glad to see how diverse the cast continues to be.

Noteworthy: it took the X-Men movie franchise a decade and a half to really get into some cityscape destruction. That's build-up if I've seen it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm now so HYPED, especially after those cheap ass magazine shots made this look so goofy a few months ago. This is going to be great after all, maybe even as good as Captain America: Civil War
FRXJaaX.gif

Positives:

- Storm is finally being done justice. Thank you Lord! Don't ever let that flop Halle near this role again!
- J-law killing is as Mystique as per usual, she's always a bright spot in these films <3
- Cyclops looks cool
- Apocalypse looks amazing, UGH that scene when he pins someone down while growing in size. He's the best villain in these movies so far and Oscar Isaac will kill it
- Quicksilver's scene is going to slay
- Was that Jubilee??? <3

Negatives:

- Sansa Stark ruining yet another iconic role with her wooden acting
- Archangel looks like a hot mess with cheap CG wings and a garbage power

More excited for this than Star Wars VII
FRXJaaX.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm all in on this. I think it looks pretty awesome. Glad to see how diverse the cast continues to be.

Noteworthy: it took the X-Men movie franchise a decade and a half to really get into some cityscape destruction. That's build-up if I've seen it.

X3 was supposed to have a shit-ton back when it was a Singer joint and just a Phoenix story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom