• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake part one scenario complete [Up: Additional Famitsu Info]

The scenario of the first part to the Final Fantasy VII Remake is already complete, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake is being broken up into parts as the density of the original game would not allow a remake to fit into a single release, according to Square Enix.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

Thanks, Famitsu.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-one-scenario-complete

Update:

• They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
  • They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
  • They’re not talking about online right now.
  • The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
  • They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
  • Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
  • As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
  • Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
  • Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

if it's done THEN GIVE IT TO ME

no really square this is your way to prove that this was a good idea, get the first part out ASAP and prove to people this is the only way this remake could work

Still unsure if they mean that it's written and fully playable in the game or if it's just written...If it's playable already we're probably gonna get like 5+ parts. There's no way they completed that much so fast...unless this has been going on for awhile now and just super well hidden secret.

Kinsei

Banned
This is amazing! I didn;t expect to have this on store shelves until 2017. NDow maybe there's hope for a 2016 release.

Are they going to stagger each release so there isn't a giant gap in between each part?

We'll probably get one game each year until it's complete.

I thought each part was a full sized game. How can they be done already with part 1.

Ue90yn7.gif

I mean it's just the scenario is written and decided on, it doesn't mean it's developed...

this is how i read it.

The scenario of the first part? Where do we think Part 1 will go up to? If they're cranking them out fast I imagine it Part 1 won't even reach the Shinra Tower.

Edit: Unless what is meant by "scenario of the first part" = "the first portion of Part 1 is complete", in which case that would make more sense and I can see Part 1 encompassing everything in Midgar.

artsi

Still unsure if they mean that it's written and fully playable in the game or if it's just written...If it's playable already we're probably gonna get like 5+ parts. There's no way they completed that much so fast...unless this has been going on for awhile now and just super well hidden secret.

I think it's just the story / script they mean with the scenario.

Yeah what does scenario usually mean in this context? Coming up with story/locations/dialogue for part 1 shouldn't be too difficult lol.

GametimeUK

If part one is done and all we have seen is Midgar footage then I'm not too optimistic for this one any more. I was willing to accept multiple parts, but my enthusiasm is steadily declining.

It just says the scenario is done, pretty certain that does not mean the game itself is anywhere near ready.

I'm guessing 2017. Isn't that the 20 year anniversary?
Edit: I'm going to narrow it down to beginning of 2017 since the original was January 31, 1997.

I think it's just the story / script they mean with the scenario.

That's what I'm expecting too. That shouldn't be that hard of a job considering the majority was already written at least 20 years ago during the development of the PS1 version. I just want to know how far this is going for part 1. I'm still gonna be super annoyed if it ends at Midgar...

Either part one is super short, or they've developing this for a good while already.

For the love of god, either way, some more details would be nice SE.

This is just scenarios correct? That doesn't mean all of part one is complete??

Who knows. It's all frustratingly vague.

Boomshaw

Banned
This has alarm bells ringing in my head. If the scorpion boss is the final boss of this episode, then we are in for a lot of episodes. Anything over 5 in my opinion is too much.

213372bu

Banned
It's just the idea of how they are going to mix up the story right?

We know they have polished up the Midgar assets and have a functioning combat system, but surely it isn't over yet.

Why does everyone think it will end at Midgar? One joke all of a sudden leads credence to the length of the game?

I think it makes sense in terms of design and game assets. Part 1 would be the highly-detailed and condensed Midgar, and part 2 could introduce the open world.

artsi

What the fuck? Unless they DO milk it beyond saving and make it a 7 part series or something, I can't see how they are finished already. Hope it's not true, but if it is, "full game" my ass.

Scenario is just the script, or not even that, just a flowchart that will be refined into a script.

Wasn't the scenario complete back in 1997?

If they add/remove/modify stuff they can't really use that as it is.

Top Bottom