• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake part one scenario complete [Up: Additional Famitsu Info]

DieH@rd

Banned
gta3_gta4_scripts1.jpg

Script is done, now is left is gameword, gameplay and fun. :)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Are you Max from YT? :)

Maybe!

Jokes aside, I hope the article goes into a small amount of detail about what we can expect from Scenario 1. They should have an idea of hour-length and story similarity without revealing secret new stuff. Still going to be a summer 2017 release date tho.

Dark_castle

Scenario means nothing.

It's just referring to the overall layout of the story, which given that this is a remake, isn't that big of a progress. Now if the entire script consisting of dialogues are completed, then we're getting somewhere.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I WANT TO BELIEVE

I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL CONFIRM

CONFIRM WHEN THE FIRST ARC ENDS

AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS

GLORIOUS

Go_Ly_Dow

Maybe!

Jokes aside, I hope the article goes into a small amount of detail about what we can expect from Scenario 1. They should have an idea of hour-length and story similarity without revealing secret new stuff. Still going to be a summer 2017 release date tho.

I hope they have other teams working on scenario 2 and 3 even before scenario 1 releases.

Anything more than 1.5 years between releases will be painful!

Once scenario 1 is complete the groundwork should be laid for them to churn through development at a much quicker pace.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I hope they have other teams working on scenario 2 and 3 even before scenario 1 releases.

Anything more than 1.5 years between releases will be painful!

Once scenario 1 is complete the groundwork should be laid for them to churn through development at a much quicker pace.

1 year. Really, waiting anything longer is really asking a lot of anyone. It also risks the, 'did everyone forget? Or does anyone remember enough to give a shit?' situation. Even with something like Lord Of The Rings, 1 year is almost pushing it.

I'm actually surprised how fast this game has come along to be honest. When they first announced it was really going to happen, they pretty much said don't expect anything soon, so I expected it to be a 2017 / 2018 game.

Then out of nowhere, we have a new demo with actual gameplay at PSX, and now rumours that the first part is done. If that is true, I guess splitting up the game into episodes has really made development go much faster, with probably a lot of the dev team working on just one part of the game, instead of the team spread out, working on all aspects of the game.

The only real question now is how many episodes will there be ? Will they milk it to make as much money as possible or will they just do 3, similar to the original 3 discs on PS1 ?

Go_Ly_Dow

1 year. Really, waiting anything longer is really asking a lot of anyone. It also risks the, 'did everyone forget? Or does anyone remember enough to give a shit?' situation. Even with something like Lord Of The Rings, 1 year is almost pushing it.

You're right.

The FFXV teams with all its outsourcing arms should hopefully transition over to this shortly to speed things up.

llehuty

ITT people learn what "scenario" means.

I still feel like they perfectly know in how many parts they are going to divide the full game, but I guess they want to minimize the backlash revealing it once people has tasted the first part.

Wow, I missed the announcement. Is that the new "HD towns are hard to make"?

Well they are remaking the game + expanding on it so...no?

ITT people learn what "scenario" means.

I still feel like they perfectly know in how many parts they are going to divide the full game, but I guess they want to minimize the backlash revealing it once people has tasted the first part.

If they don't know how many parts it would be, I'd be kinda worried.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
You're right.

The FFXV teams with all its outsourcing arms should hopefully transition over to this shortly to speed things up.

Really, having CyberConnect2 and the FFXV team working on it would be really damn awesome. Just needs a competent director. /loosens collar

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I'm okay with waiting more than 12 months between parts if need be.

Honestly, I'm personally 'okay' with anything, as an FF7 Remake was the literal unicorn of the videogame industry for over 10 years. But business wise, pushing that 12 month gap could be rough.

mmm isn't this sort of like, half life 3 screenshots posted?

just means the first bombing mission is done, I think...

either that or just the storyboard, concept, for the first game

GavinGT

Banned
Someone in a prior thread said he worked on the game and his work was already complete. He's apparently an environmental artist.

Still, I think it's at least a year away.

Turin

Banned
Honestly, I'm personally 'okay' with anything, as an FF7 Remake was the literal unicorn of the videogame industry for over 10 years. But business wise, pushing that 12 month gap could be rough.

Perhaps. How did it work out for Mass Effect? I never paid attention to the sales of each game.

WHAT? how many parts is it split into? please be just disk 1 2 and 3!
oh crap my body is not ready for a release just yet especially not if its more than 4 months between disk releases

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Perhaps. How did it work out for Mass Effect? I never paid attention to the sales of each game.

2-3 year gaps for ME. But, with SE being so direct that FF7R is going to be multi-parted years before the games release...it might bite 'em in the butt down the road.

Why would you compare it to Mass Effect? That was a trilogy of games developed over probably 7+ years, and I believe each sold better than the last. FFVII Remake is a single (admittedly large) game being broken up into an unknown number of episodes.

oh crap my body is not ready for a release just yet especially not if its more than 4 months between disk releases

I think you may be disappointed with your first comment. You will definitely be disappointed on the second point.

Haunted

You don't seem to be aware of how modern S-E develops games. Maybe it's better if you sit down, I have some bad news for you.

Let's just say that you don't have to worry about the release sneaking up on you any time soon.

Turin

Banned
2-3 year gaps for ME. But, with SE being so direct that FF7R is going to be multi-parted years before the games release...it might bite 'em in the butt down the road.

It definitely could but we really don't even know how exactly how this series is going to look or how they're going to market it.

Why would you compare it to Mass Effect? That was a trilogy of games developed over probably 7+ years, and I believe each sold better than the last. FFVII Remake is a single (admittedly large) game being broken up into an unknown number of episodes..

Well, obviously the overarching story is being fractioned but I'm not as sure of how they'll be putting each game out as a whole, considering everything they've said so far.

Jennipeg

Ideally I would like them to split it into 3, with one released every year. They could release in spring, then have a big trailer at each E3 hyping the next instalment. But I reckon it will be nearer to 6 parts with a 2/3 year wait in-between, i'm just mentally preparing myself, if it's somewhere in the middle I will still be happy.

Assuming progress carries over, I can imagine being seriously over levelled if I keep playing while waiting for the next game. They must have considered that, maybe make the enemies level with you like in 8.

Thorgal

Jeez you can cut the pessimism in this thread with a knife.

how about waiting for more info is out before making hyperbolic statements about the game length?

tbh, the whole hate against se is quite baffling to me.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wait, what? Already?

So for sure a 2016 release? What a news to wake up to.

The big thing that this game has in its favor is that Square is not only developer working on it. They have external help, and that can boost production rate. Plus, "scenario" is done, whatever that means for them.

I still think 2016 is year for FFXV, and FF7R will be released the year after, on the 20th anniversary of the original.

Jeez you can cut the pessimism in this thread with a knife.

how about waiting for more info is out before making hyperbolic statements about the game length?

tbh, the whole hate against se is quite baffling to me.

well when's the last time they released something, created in-house, that was great? early last decade, i think.

wow a lot of people in here read it wrong LOL.

It´s only the scenario thats written for Part 1.
Hopefully there is only 3 parts in total spanning the entire game.

Jennipeg

wow a lot of people in here read it wrong LOL.

It´s only the scenario thats written for Part 1.
Hopefully there is only 3 parts in total spanning the entire game.

It should be only 3, considering the reasons they have given for splitting it in the first place. They say it couldn't possibly fit into one instalment, which I personally don't believe, if that is the case they are making the biggest, most dense game ever made. I'm just not convinced about that.

They are also doing it to get out faster, which I do believe, and that's where I start to wonder at how many episodes there will be. Please no more than 7.

Tankard

The big thing that this game has in its favor is that Square is not only developer working on it. They have external help, and that can boost production rate. Plus, "scenario" is done, whatever that means for them.

I still think 2016 is year for FFXV, and FF7R will be released the year after, on the 20th anniversary of the original.

Makes sense, and they will probably put a demo in the FFXV disc, they love this strategy.

With the Scenario done, they'll probably be on track to release Part 1 by October 2016.

I hope they put out Final Fantasy 7 Remake in 7 parts and that the "extra content" means they are retconning Crisis Core/Last Crisis yet again. Just for the salt I need on my fries. :-D

That said, looking forward to playing as Cloud later today in Smash.

Top Bottom