• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade gets surprise patch that removed Tifa clevage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade has received a patch ahead of its sequel’s launch, which adds more clothes to Tifa during certain scenes.

As revealed, this new update that arrived on PC and PlayStation brought minor changes. One of the hanges was in the credits, putting some of the names that also worked on Rebirth.

The second change, which ended up attracting some criticism, was the addition of of more clothing on Tifa during the Nibelheim flashback scene. Whereas before, the character had more skin showing, now a black T-shirt can now be seen underneath her clothing.

104290.jpg
On Steam, there are already several pages criticizing Square Enix for allegedly censoring a game that is almost four years old. However, there are some considerations to be made about the company's decision.

Tifa's new look is the same as the one she wore in Rebirth, which means that the original game now connects better with the sequel, with no discord between the character's looks. In addition, Tifa is only 15 years old during the flashback. Being underage, this change is understandable.

Source

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The Aerith line change blows my mind.

Tifa, it's for narrative consistency and she's like 16 in the flashback, so like....that's a green light for me.

So it's a non story, design change was to match Rebirth. We can put back the pitchforks.

Oh, no no no. Not so fast!! We have to evoke "pedophilia" to make everyone who is against undesired post-release game updates look evil.

Example:

Bottom line, she’s 14 in that flashback.
16 in the flashback
only 15 years old during the flashback

I do find it mildly funny that no one actually knows her age.

Last edited:

Doom85

They also changed the last line of the game with today's patch.

Before the patch:

SPOILER_GHSL2NHbEAAPM5F.png

After the patch:

SPOILER_GHSJCcTbEAANIX1.png

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That’s really lame. I admit, the original line threw me off the first time playing, but upon my recent replay, they do set up her feelings on the Midgar “Sky” earlier in the game. So it actually does work.

But the new line, it makes her sound childish and dumb.

Comandr

The patch also changes the very last line of the game from the final FMV.

Original:

SPOILER_GHSL2NHbEAAPM5F.png

Patched:

SPOILER_GHSJCcTbEAANIX1.png
Weird change. The new line actually makes it somewhat unclear what she’s talking about. Does she not like the clouds? Is she worried it’s going to rain? The old line perfectly encapsulated that change can be scary and even the devil you know can be better than the one that you don’t.

They decide to change this now? I still don’t trust SquareEnix when it comes to this type of stuff. That’s why people need to try to not bring so much attention to the now famous “beach scene” in FF7:Rebirth or they might end up doing the same thing again.

Last edited:

Pejo

Bottom line, she’s 14 in that flashback.

Pick your battles, this isn’t one worth fighting.
Wasn't Casca believed to be 16 or 17 in the famous Eclipse scene? Better change your profile image, don't want to be confused for a
iu
, just to be safe.

As usual, GAF is missing the point of the backlash on this censorship. Do you think there was a legion of horny guys and gals rewinding and jacking off to a 4 second flashback scene? It's the fact that S-E was pressured or persuaded by watchdogs/Sweet Baby Inc to go back to a 4 year old game and censor a scene that was barely a blip on anybody's radar and then caving to it, that should be the focus here. The fact that a game with content you purchased can be changed/removed/redacted and companies get carte blanche (and probably praised for it on places like Era) is the real issue.

Pallas

Gold Member
Not against it, but they should have gotten it right the first time. No one knew or cared 4 years down the road, now it has an annoying spotlight on it.

night13x

This is not something worth putting your pitchforks up for. This fixed the outfit mismatch between the two games and lets be honest....and I know its a fake video game character....but should we be promoting sexualizing underage 14 year old girls? Looking from the responses from this topic - everyone here in GAF seem to have a level head about this. There are enough weirdos on the internet who will be up in arms over this.

This was an actual good change by square.

Plus we got Tifa beach outfit in Rebirth. Save your baby oil and tissues for that not this.

Bojji

Wasn't Casca believed to be 16 or 17 in the famous Eclipse scene? Better change your profile image, don't want to be confused for a
iu
, just to be safe.

As usual, GAF is missing the point of the backlash on this censorship. Do you think there was a legion of horny guys and gals rewinding and jacking off to a 4 second flashback scene? It's the fact that S-E was pressured or persuaded by watchdogs/Sweet Baby Inc to go back to a 4 year old game and censor a scene that was barely a blip on anybody's radar and then caving to it, that should be the focus here. The fact that a game with content you purchased can be changed/removed/redacted and companies get carte blanche (and probably praised for it on places like Era) is the real issue.

Maybe they changed it because japan raised age of consent from 13 to 16 just last year:

I don't think they should change anything, her tits aren't exposed or anything.

ssringo

I don't really care but it's still dumb. If you're worried about fake underage cleavage I'd also like to point out them fake underage thighs are still proudly on display. And as a leg-man that does a whole lot more for me that whatever else you're covering up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom