• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy New Year 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

lsslave said:
Seriously, fuck off. I didn't have a problem with you before, but that is a bit bullshit. That is not even fucking cool, NOT fucking cool.

You can call him on it, while I think its a mistake he made and not a serious problem, but calling his weight into it?

GROW UP.

oh no, faceless, forgettable user "lsslave" on GAF, who has spent most of his time in this thread defending a drunk driver, never had a problem with me before, but now he does!

aww, I feel really bad now for insulting the body size of quite possibly the most worthless piece of shit to ever grace this message board.*

*not true, of course. From curb stompers, to sport drunk drivers, and everywhere in between, there's been no shortage of scum to post here from time to time. Ami's definitely on the bottom rung, though

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Boogie said:
oh no, faceless, forgettable user "lsslave" on GAF, who has spent most of his time in this thread defending a drunk driver, never had a problem with me before, but now he does!

aww, I feel really bad now for insulting the body size of quite possibly the most worthless piece of shit to ever grace this message board.

Jesus christ man... this is absolutely ridiculous. If this is how you judge people you are absolutely crazy.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
You've posted in this thread just as much as anyone else, and you're the one defending a drunk driver....

I am defending a MISTAKE that someone made. He isn't someone who goes out and gets drunk, which I have mentioned is a dark alternative, he is someone who made a mistake. There is a world of difference between a mistake being made and someone going out and drinking and driving every single weekend.

I was taking part when the discussion is active, now its just pathetic.

My only stance is people are far too harsh on people who make mistakes. I am anti drunk driving, you may not think it but I have called the cops on my close friends who have driven drunk and I will do it again in a heartbeat.

I also know the difference between a mistake being made and a serious problem and I think, especially based on history, that people need to learn the difference.

Boogie

lsslave said:
Jesus christ man... this is absolutely ridiculous. If this is how you judge people you are absolutely crazy.

-the original poster boy for excessive drug use (on its own, not a huge deal, but...)
-prone to extreme violent outbursts. Using force against his own mother, beating on people just for insulting said mother, posts hinting at getting into fights on a regular basis
-string of home invasions during teen years.
-drunk driving.

All the while defending or rationalizing every instance of his own behavior.

And this is just the stuff gleaned casually off of this board from his own mouth.

But you're right, I'm crazy for judging him.

lsslave said:
I also know the difference between a mistake being made and a serious problem and I think, especially based on history, that people need to learn the difference.

durrr.........

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
Well I had an amazing new years. :) Should hopefully mean good things for this year, unlike 2009.

That will be great :) My fingers are crossed for you!

Boogie said:
"I won't do it ever again....unless it is personally convenient or expedient for me to do so"

How about avoiding selective quotes where he said he would never let himself be PUT into that situation again though?

Boogie

lsslave said:
How about avoiding selective quotes where he said he would never let himself be PUT into that situation again though?

haha, sure he won't.

He's clearly shown himself to be a man of sound judgment and clear thinking, and we can certainly take him at his word.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Boogie said:
haha, sure he won't.

He's clearly shown himself to be a man of sound judgment and clear thinking, and we can certainly take him at his word.

I always advocate trying everything once - if you're not going to make a habit out of drunk driving, then that's fine. If you got something positive out of the experience, that's all that matters.

Driving drunk isn't going to become a habit after one or two times. You have to know your strengths personally to know whether or not you have the ability to say "no" if the opportunity comes around again.

whitehawk

Banned
xelios said:
I always advocate trying everything once - if you're not going to make a habit out of drunk driving, then that's fine. If you got something positive out of the experience, that's all that matters.

Driving drunk isn't going to become a habit after one or two times. You have to know your strengths personally to know whether or not you have the ability to say "no" if the opportunity comes around again.
I'll be sure to at least try driving drunk once when I get my license. Thanks for the advice!

Boogie

xelios said:

:lol

Joe Molotov

Amir0x is a man of science, he had to try driving while high/drunk/unconscious for science and then he delivers the results of his studies to us, the common man. Don't try this at home, kids.

Ardorx

Banned
lsslave said:
I am defending a MISTAKE that someone made.

How can someone learn from their "mistakes" when cunts like you come to their defense?

Koshiba said:
Well I had an amazing new years. :) Should hopefully mean good things for this year, unlike 2009.

Good to hear! Happy new years!

whitehawk

Banned
xelios said:
2qjgo6q.jpg

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
CONFIRMED: NeoGAF's threads going to shit upon controversy in 2010 as well, popcorn supply at historical low following huge preorders.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
Thanks. :] I think a couple fun parties is a great way to start this year.

I'm jealous, I tried to have fun, got really drunk, but drinking with the flu only took me out and by the time it came new years I was at home sick. Been carrying that flu for the past few days and now I am feeling even worse :/

But I have a lot of good things planned this year so I figure my fingers are crossed :)

Ardorx

Banned
lsslave said:
But I have a lot of good things planned this year so I figure my fingers are crossed :)

Like forgiving drunk drivers, rapists and other folks that commit serious crimes. Perhaps you'll start offering courses that teach others to become masters of forgiveness much like yourself.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Ardorx said:
Like forgiving drunk drivers, rapists and other folks that commit serious crimes. Perhaps you'll start offering courses that teach others to become masters of forgiveness much like yourself.

No one got hurt, he has no intention of doing it again, it is a mistake.

And no, like having an EP produced, asking out a girl I've liked instead of going for another shallow bitch (although the shallow bitch is tempting.. a lot less work), losing weight, leaving the country for the first time, etc.

All in all I have a really good year ahead of me.

And if you want to keep throwing that little forgiveness thing back, I grew up in absolute hell. My father was beating the shit out of me before I was 2 years old. While I have no intention of speaking with him I have forgiven him for my childhood, after all I wouldn't be the man I am today without it. If I can forgive spending years being terrified of going home after school, of crying my eyes out every summer when I had to go home to him (my grandma took us for the summer), of the very fear of god the second he entered the room (this isn't "Daddy gets drunk and beats us" its "Daddy finds a reason to beat the shit out of me") then I think considering this situation you can see its easy for me to forgive him.

Had someone been hurt or etc. from these actions you would see a very different approach to this. I'd be worse than the rest in this thread combined, but this is a mistake that was made and sometimes you have to let this shit go.

Ardorx

Banned
lsslave said:
No one got hurt, he has no intention of doing it again, it is a mistake.

Which is incredibly unbelievable considering all of the things that have been made apparent such as his illegal drug use and confrontation with his mother. Not to mention that his first few posts in this thread made is pretty obvious that he was loaded, so I'm inclined to believe that he drank more than he admitted to and has no issue doing it again if it suits his agenda.

And if you want to keep throwing that little forgiveness thing back, I grew up in absolute hell. My father was beating the shit out of me before I was 2 years old. While I have no intention of speaking with him I have forgiven him for my childhood, after all I wouldn't be the man I am today without it. If I can forgive spending years being terrified of going home after school, of crying my eyes out every summer when I had to go home to him (my grandma took us for the summer), of the very fear of god the second he entered the room (this isn't "Daddy gets drunk and beats us" its "Daddy finds a reason to beat the shit out of me") then I think considering this situation you can see its easy for me to forgive him.

Both Amir0x and your father are awful people. Sorry your life was so shitty and all but that doesn't excuse Amir0x actions for one second. So great that you can forgive him because it's not as bad as what happened to you.

Had someone been hurt or etc. from these actions you would see a very different approach to this. I'd be worse than the rest in this thread combined, but this is a mistake that was made and sometimes you have to let this shit go.

And that's the fucking problem I have with you. Your whole thing is "because nobody got hurt, it's okay". Wrong. Fucking Wrong. It's not okay or fine in any way and you should feel like a spineless piece of shit for coming to his defense.

And you know what, there's no real evidence that says he didn't harm anyone. He could have ran someone off the road and have been too loaded to remember anything. Hell, he could have actually hit someone or their pet(s).

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Ardorx said:
Which is incredibly unbelievable considering all of the things that have been made apparent such as his illegal drug use and confrontation with his mother. Not to mention that his first few posts in this thread made is pretty obvious that he was loaded, so I'm inclined to believe that he drank more than he admitted to and has no issue doing it again if it suits his agenda.

Both Amir0x and your father are awful people. Sorry your life was so shitty and all but that doesn't excuse Amir0x actions for one second. So great that you can forgive him because it's not as bad as what happened to you.

And that's the fucking problem I have with you. Your whole thing is "because nobody got hurt, it's okay". Wrong. Fucking Wrong. It's not okay or fine in any way and you should feel like a spineless piece of shit for coming to his defense.

And you know what, there's no real evidence that says he didn't harm anyone. He could have ran someone off the road and have been too loaded to remember anything. Hell, he could have actually hit someone or their pet(s).

This isn't what I am trying to say, its not okay that he did it. I stand full by that he fucked up and majorly. Its how people are treating him that is ridiculous, no one is willing to admit a mistake.

That is what bugs me about people's reactions, they are out for blood. Of course I know nothing about Ami's drug history or mother history but I am taking this event as it stands and the reactions that have been given.

If someone had been hurt there is no chance I'd defend him, I don't defend his actions, they are a big fuck up. They are a MAJOR fuck up.

I think that is where the argument goes awry, its really hard to defend against people going ape shit on someone (which is a little excessive from some people) without defending the action. I don't defend the action whatsoever, I think drinking and driving is a terrible waste and its one thing that I can't defend.

DJ_Tet

Banned
:lol

Saw this linked in the Book of Eli thread.

So just for the record...Amirox's friend was going to be designated driver but crapped out around 2 hours into the party.

Amir0x said:
someone else was the designated driver. That person gave about two hours into the party and was far more shitfaced than I was by the end.

So since the party started around 6, Amirox is so concerned he continues drinking for another 2 hours.

Amir0x said:
1) About eight Corona's, and five shots of Vodka Lime. Spread out from 6 to around 11, when I stopped drinking altogether

Amir0x said:
I stopped drinking altogether an hour before midnight,

Also funny to see all the people banned so far in this topic with the year being only 17 days old. Do you think it will end with a +1? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom