• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

ILikeFeet

Banned
I know I'm extremely late on this, but I still want to comment on it. I just saw the Japanese opening for the first time, and it was really good. better than the English opening (which I though was still good), but I prefer the English version of the theme. its far more catchy and doesnt sound as weird as the Japanese theme

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, maybe someone should. I'm not too fond in online so I guess someone else should handle it. X3

-PXG-

Is it me, or did they reduce the chip damage a whole lot? In CGoH, it was insane how much chip you could do.

EDIT

If there isn't an online thread by tomorrow evening, I'll make it.

ILikeFeet said:
I know I'm extremely late on this, but I still want to comment on it. I just saw the Japanese opening for the first time, and it was really good. better than the English opening (which I though was still good), but I prefer the English version of the theme. its far more catchy and doesnt sound as weird as the Japanese theme

Still better than...
IN-DE-STRUCTABLE!

aparisi2274

Risible said:
Look at those posters on the wall! Drool...

HOT SEX. WANT.

I would rather have gotten one of the posters they were signing... I don't even like fighting games, and that was a slammin poster....

MarkMan said:
They used a few of them, but most of them were Mad Catz ones :)

Trust me Mark Man, if I had the funds to get the TvC Madcatz stick I would (saw one at work and it was beautiful). You guys do a great jobs making fight sticks and I hope to one day own one. Right now, I'm a full time student on a budget :eek:(

SoulFist

I preordered this from Amazon on the 20th, and got release date shipping. I was wondering if anyone who did the same has got any kind of shipping confirmation yet.

xero273

SoulFist said:
I preordered this from Amazon on the 20th, and got release date shipping. I was wondering if anyone who did the same has got any kind of shipping confirmation yet.

I think amazon does shipping before the day of release. So you should be getting shipping info tomorrow. That's how it worked when I ordered bayonetta release date shipping.

Picture118.jpg

Picked it up two days ago, but I just finally got around to playing it. It's fun.

Also, I can confirm--in case it hasn't been already--that it runs fine with the USB Loader with the 002 fix on a 3.2U firmware. Install size is about 1.8gbs.

Agnates

Banned
Where's that site that gets 60fps videos? Gamersyde or something? Do they have any of this game played online? Those youtube vids are rather choppy :D

Andrex said:
I don't even own SF4 and I think that's the best opening ever. :lol

Did they ever say why they chose such a cheesy opening? :lol

IN-DE-STRUCTABLE! I won't let anybody break me down! IN-DE-STRUCTABLE! Nothing is gonna stop me now!

Thanks for the event pics! pretty cool!

The SF intro was awesome (in a chessy way), it is one of the few vocal english intros i liked, really nicely done. :lol

Agnates

Banned
Since they wanted to redo the intro and fit the new characters in, they should have gone old school, passing the in-game characters by flashy backgrounds while they perform some combos with various visual effects (all black, trails, etc), and occasionally showing their super move portait, character select artwork, etc.

Volcynika

Stupid question! How different is the this game's intro compared to the earlier version? Is it the same, or slightly modified?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Vyse The Legend said:
Picture118.jpg

Picked it up two days ago, but I just finally got around to playing it. It's fun.

Also, I can confirm--in case it hasn't been already--that it runs fine with the USB Loader with the 002 fix on a 3.2U firmware. Install size is about 1.8gbs.

Street date is still 2 days away right? Is there anyone out there selling this early? I want to go grab it.

No one directly answered this as far as I can tell, so I just want confirmation - is the online good on a wireless connection? If I can play BlazBlue, MvC2, and SF2HD wirelessly without any hiccups, will this game be fine too? I already have the game preordered, but because I can't just get people over whenever I want, the online being good is pretty much the most important thing about the game for me.

How accessible is TvC?

I really don't care for fighters normally, but I enjoyed SFIV and managed to become half-decent at it. However, try as I might, I simply cannot get into MvC2, or other older Capcom fighting games. The learning curve is far too high, and I can't pull off moves when I want to anywhere near as easily as I can in SFIV.

xero273

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
No one directly answered this as far as I can tell, so I just want confirmation - is the online good on a wireless connection? If I can play BlazBlue, MvC2, and SF2HD wirelessly without any hiccups, will this game be fine too? I already have the game preordered, but because I can't just get people over whenever I want, the online being good is pretty much the most important thing about the game for me.

haunts said it's playable. Threi said it's kind of laggy. Not sure if he is using wireless though.

Volcynika

Some youtube video I watched earlier (couldn't find it again oddly) that had a user that got it form a Kmart or something showed some online play and said it was fine. So iono.

Arde5643

Ben2749 said:
How accessible is TvC?

I really don't care for fighters normally, but I enjoyed SFIV and managed to become half-decent at it. However, try as I might, I simply cannot get into MvC2, or other older Capcom fighting games. The learning curve is far too high, and I can't pull off moves when I want to anywhere near as easily as I can in SFIV.
Highly accessible - you get only 3 buttons for normals, specials and tags.

After that, it's just the combination of said 3 buttons to get the combos you want.

It's very easy to mash the game as newbies and get some decent fights - obviously if you want to have some semblance of skill, you'll have to start learning combos and the actual game system.

Teknoman

Sir Ilpalazzo said:

From earlier:

haunts said:
Holy shit online is perfect. Just played my first match.. o_O

I got a wired connection now, no idea where this guy is from either..

edit: 4th or so opponent a bit more laggy...most have been pretty smooth so far tho

haunts said:
oh man im retarded but i guess this good news for some of you -- i didnt know you had to manually set up a wired connection on the wii so i guess i was playing on wireless this whole time. :lol

xero273 said:
haunts said it's playable. Threi said it's kind of laggy. Not sure if he is using wireless though.

Haunts had his Wii set to wireless, so im guessing its pretty good when playing against someone with a decent connection.

EDIT: Damn Roll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px0yfu4UxtM that was crazy.

Also is Baroque as handy as I think it would be in gaining the upper hand after taking some serious damage?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
xero273 said:

It probably depends on location. I bet there's a whole lot more people in California (where haunts is) that have the game now.

Unless Threi is also in CA...then I dunno. :lol But we're really going to have to wait until the game is available to everyone and (many) more people are online everywhere to get a better idea of connection quality both near and far.

Teknoman

Considering the last few online Capcom titles, I havent really had any truely laggy experiences, so I dont think TvC would be any different.

mugwhump

So will this be shit with a GCN controller or what? All I'm concerned about is double tapping which I read is only used for dashes. Is it okay to use your LMH button for dashes?

Also wat's up with wiimote controls? I heard combos are simpler somehow and you can waggle for hyper moves. How does that work?

Little Green Yoda said:
Is there no way to change the order of your fighters at the matchup screen (after seeing what your opponent is using) a la MvC2 or CvS2?
You can hold P while the battle's loading to start as your 2nd I think.

Threi

notag
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
For people with the game: is it true that Viewtiful Joe is comparable to MvC2's Dan in that he has zero range and is only really useful on point?
He has bad range yes...but his projectiles are decent I think.

*edit*

Fuck Roll.

DR2K

Banned
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
For people with the game: is it true that Viewtiful Joe is comparable to MvC2's Dan in that he has zero range and is only really useful on point?

Magneto had no range and was only useful on point compared to the god 4. Dan had low damage, no range, low mobility, and even when played on point still sucked. Comparing him to Dan is just a gross exaggeration.

I read online that K-Marts all over the place had broken street and I ran to the store and just picked this up. I can't wait to try it in a little bit.

I have the Japanese version, but I don't have a lot of friends who were interested in playing it. I'm hoping the online works well, but I do have a pretty bad internet connection here...

Top Bottom