• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE | Genei Ibunroku #FE Import OT: Fire Emblem’s spinoff Performa ft. SMT48

Renewed

Genei Ibunroku #FE Visual Works release 2/26.

Ca0s_GuUcAAWfLb.jpg:orig

In terms of music and english localizing. It will probably be similar to how Kingdom Hearts redid Utada Hikaru songs, except Nintendo needs different singers since the JP seiyuu do not sing in english like Utada Hikaru does.

I'm definitely interested in that artbook. Thank you for the heads up.

Makio

At E3 they said it was going to be hard finding good singers as well as good VAs. So at least we know they are trying for that.

Oh cool , in Japan is like easy as pie to find seiyuu can really sing but in english is like very rare , specially male VA.

I wouldnt be surprised if the lady who voices Azura in Fates repeats in this one , since she more a singer than a VA.

Caitlin Glass could be cool too. and since she was in Xenoblade is other option in there.

hughesta

Banned
trying to steer clear of spoilers before it launches in NA in like 2019 but a quick question, don't wanna read through the thread and be tempted by black bars:

is this game at least fun to play? don't care at all for the idol stuff but as long as its enjoyable to play through my friends and I can have a lot of fun playing through it and goofing off.

edit for clarity: I've played and loved SMT3, SMTIV, P3 and P4/G, so it's not like i have zero idea what to expect gameplay wise.

ranmafan

Oh I'm going to have to get that art book for sure! Already got the music cd on the way today too. Can't wait to listen to that tomorrow!

ranmafan

trying to steer clear of spoilers before it launches in NA in like 2019 but a quick question, don't wanna read through the thread and be tempted by black bars:

is this game at least fun to play? don't care at all for the idol stuff but as long as its enjoyable to play through my friends and I can have a lot of fun playing through it and goofing off.

edit for clarity: I've played and loved SMT3, SMTIV, P3 and P4/G, so it's not like i have zero idea what to expect gameplay wise.

Simple answer, yes it's very very fun to play. Was my game of the year for many reasons, but especially cause of how much of a blast I had playing it. Battle system is lots of fun, dungeons are good. It's a great game to play, just like all the SMT and persona Altus games.

hughesta

Banned
Simple answer, yes it's very very fun to play. Was my game of the year for many reasons, but especially cause of how much of a blast I had playing it. Battle system is lots of fun, dungeons are good. It's a great game to play, just like all the SMT and persona Altus games.
thank you, very happy to hear this. looking forward to localization news at the next direct / e3 / heat death of the universe

ranmafan

thank you, very happy to hear this. looking forward to localization news at the next direct / e3 / heat death of the universe

Sure no problem! I really think people will like the game a lot once they play it and see that it's the great rpg they expect from the pedigree of games it's based on. I'm really interested hearing about the localization too. I really wanna see how everything gets done in the English version.

Makio

For some reason i see this one get announced (release date) before the SMT IV Final one....but that just me.

Zolbrod

The story and dialogue are abysmal, I wanted to strangle each and every character and at some point my wife literally (not an exaggeration) begged me to finish the game already, because just listening to the game next to me on the sofa was a harrowing experience,

BUT!

BUT, yes, it is actually a ton of fun, it feels very Persona-ish, and it was on my top 10 games of last year, above Fire Emblem if/Fates even, although the comparison is really moot.
Dungeons are fun, combat is fun, and the weapon/skills system is fun. It's fun!

cwistofu

Odd question, but does this game have a plethora of alternate costumes for your characters?

I dunno why, but extra costumes has always been a big draw for me in JRPGs.

Shun

At the very least read the impressions section in the OT. It has a list of all the impressions that members have made for the game thus far. We should be getting more.

The response has been positive all around, especially with the gameplay. We have our own issues with some aspects but all around most of us have found this to be a very good RPG and possibly one of the best games we played in 2015.

Odd question, but does this game have a plethora of alternate costumes for your characters?

I dunno why, but extra costumes has always been a big draw for me in JRPGs.

There are more than enough costumes to go around for every party member. From your gym clothes to a tokusatsu costume to chef outfit and more. More costumes per character than a Tales game.

The story and dialogue are abysmal, I wanted to strangle each and every character and at some point my wife literally (not an exaggeration) begged me to finish the game already, because just listening to the game next to me on the sofa was a harrowing experience,

BUT!

BUT, yes, it is actually a ton of fun, it feels very Persona-ish, and it was on my top 10 games of last year, above Fire Emblem if/Fates even, although the comparison is really moot.
Dungeons are fun, combat is fun, and the weapon/skills system is fun. It's fun!

Have you commented in the thread? Do a finals impressions write up!

Well, finally finished the game, they really zoned in hard with the dense MC protagonist and MC apparently being the only important guy in the universe capable of changing others for whatever reason (think I'm starting to get really fed up with this kind of writing from Atlus these days/JRPGs in general). Totally bummed out we didn't get to delve deeper into the character's Mirages, too.

That said, the game was a blast and there were plenty of humorous moments to be had, so I had a good time.

Will write a review eventually.

Time to find the OST/insert songs and put them on infinite repeat.

Will be looking forward to editing yours in soon. For those who have played the game and finished and have yet to do a final impression, please do so so that I can edit all our thoughts into the OT. It will be helpful for all those interested in the game and for the eventual Western OT. Trying to keep all information streamlined and easy to access so that we get less misinformed derailing and more meaningful discussion.

Sorry Shun, will 'try' do the impression post when I'm done with Lunatic run
minus the NG+ boss
.Really busy atm...
Also, only 2 songs in the vocal collection aren't full version (less than 2 min length), which is Dia Majo & Fire Emblem theme.
Want to get the artbook (along 4Final ost), but exchange rate is shitty atm, so will wait till it recovers.

Shun

Wow ლ(´ڡ`ლ) . Yeah I noticed. Here is the tracklist for those interested. Full versions all around for the most part.

Ca6OnJ9UEAAvd_b.jpg

There are lyrics for this one , by any chance ?
Like with the Fortissimo Edition Vocal Selection, I will eventually get to copying down all the lyrics for the songs in karaoke style.

It'll be up soon enough.

Quocia

Neo Member
Hi ! I still have a DLC code for Atlus outfits for free if anyone is interested.
I'm not sure how I can try giving them using Nintendo Communities so if any gafer is interested don't hesitate to ask

ranmafan

The cd really is awesome! Was listening to it a lot yesterday. Really wish there was a longer version of the fire emblem theme. I wonder if they ever made one. I guess we will find out at the concert in May (can't wait for that). But I'm glad to have a nice version of the song from the game itself. Had that one on loop especially.

One thing I found annoying. Amazon Japan had two listings for the cd, same price but one came with a poster for first printings and the other didn't for some reason. I ended up getting the one that didn't come with the poster as I noticed too late. Very lame they did it that way.

kiryogi

Banned
The cd really is awesome! Was listening to it a lot yesterday. Really wish there was a longer version of the fire emblem theme. I wonder if they ever made one. I guess we will find out at the concert in May (can't wait for that). But I'm glad to have a nice version of the song from the game itself. Had that one on loop especially.

One thing I found annoying. Amazon Japan had two listings for the cd, same price but one came with a poster for first printings and the other didn't for some reason. I ended up getting the one that didn't come with the poster as I noticed too late. Very lame they did it that way.

That's me D: I didnt get the poster either

ranmafan

That's me D: I didnt get the poster either

Yeah it really sucks they did it the way they did. Especially posting that new one after the original listing without it.

Oh well I'll hopefully be able to make up for it by getting some nice goods at that concert (if they sale any there), plus the art book is coming soon too.

So what is the best way to import the Vocal Collection CD? I would like to use Amazon, but they don't have a Prime option from what I have seen (and I usually will stick to those in case anything goes wrong with the order). I am hoping one of those will open up soon since that's how I purchased other Japanese OSTs,but I really want to get the soundtrack soon.

So what is the best way to import the Vocal Collection CD? I would like to use Amazon, but they don't have a Prime option from what I have seen (and I usually will stick to those in case anything goes wrong with the order). I am hoping one of those will open up soon since that's how I purchased other Japanese OSTs,but I really want to get the soundtrack soon.

pick your preferable fastest shipping method:
cd japan = fedex
amiami = ems order closed
amazon jp = dhl

Shun

Yeah it really sucks they did it the way they did. Especially posting that new one after the original listing without it.

Oh well I'll hopefully be able to make up for it by getting some nice goods at that concert (if they sale any there), plus the art book is coming soon too.

Now that me you kiryogi have the soundtrack, which is your favorite song now that we have full version of it?

I really like Meiro a lot more now my favorite song of the group. There is variety and there are good and fun songs.

Do people want the lyrics for the rest of the songs in karaoke style? I'm curious and I'll do it if people actually request it.

Kid Ying

I think i'm finishing the game and i have to say the story is really horrible, but the characters make it worth it. I love them all and seeing the plot as a mean to see them gather around some more made it all worthwhile. Especially since most of the time there is no story at all apart from the boss of the week.

Makio

Internet says these are the lyrics of
SSJ Marth
Theme...

Ah 英雄(きみ)を呼ぶ旋律は この宇宙(そら)の果てへ
永遠を誓い 祝福を授けよう

廻り続ける 運命(さだめ)としても
現世(いま)を生きてほしい
さあ 覚醒(めざ)めよ
光を受けて

FE 守りたい世界(もの)がある
時空(とき)を超えても 変わらずに
FE (永遠を) 守りたい世界(ひと)がいる (誓い)
生きる理由が (光を) そこにある
さあ 覚醒(めざ)めよ

If someone can translate this to Romaji or English (or both) can be my new personal hero hahaha.
(And correct if the lyrics are wrong)

Shun

Internet says these are the lyrics of
SSJ Marth
Theme...

Ah 英雄(きみ)を呼ぶ旋律は この宇宙(そら)の果てへ
永遠を誓い 祝福を授けよう

廻り続ける 運命(さだめ)としても
現世(いま)を生きてほしい
さあ 覚醒(めざ)めよ
光を受けて

FE 守りたい世界(もの)がある
時空(とき)を超えても 変わらずに
FE (永遠を) 守りたい世界(ひと)がいる (誓い)
生きる理由が (光を) そこにある
さあ 覚醒(めざ)めよ

If someone can translate this to Romaji or English (or both) can be my new personal hero hahaha.
(And correct if the lyrics are wrong)

Did you get it from utamap?

it is pretty accurate to the lyrics I have. The writers for the songs in the game and soundtrack use different characters for what is being sing. Like how they use sing kimi to refer to you the hero rather than eiyu to make it more personal.

I will post a karaoke style version with all the furigana soon for the rest of the soundtrack.

Zolbrod

I listened to the song on YouTube and the lyrics seem accurate.

Romaji:

Ah, kimi wo yobu senritsu wa kono sora no hate he
Eien wo chikai, shukufuku wo sazukeyou

Mawaritsuzukeru sadame to shite mo
Ima wo ikite hoshii
Saa, mezame yo
Hikari wo ukete

Fire Emblem, Mamoritai mono ga aru
Toki wo koete mo kawarazu ni
Fire Emblem, Mamoritai hito ga iru
Ikiru riyuu ga soko ni aru
Saa, mezame yo

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Every time this thread gets bumped I get jealous, but also that theres people still playing, how are the sales looking in japan?
Is it looking like Xenoblade X where there is some legs on it?

Shun

I adore the artwork for this game, so I'm absolutely picking that up. Thankfully AmiAmi had it up for pre-order. Thank you for the heads up, Shun!
I'm definitely interested in that artbook. Thank you for the heads up.
Oh I'm going to have to get that art book for sure! Already got the music cd on the way today too. Can't wait to listen to that tomorrow!
Preordered from AmiAmi. Thanks for the heads up.
Looks like I'll be getting that art book!

For those buying the art book, it will be 336 pages long. A majority of it will be character designs and environmental backgrounds but it will have drafts and interviews.

Looking forward to getting it.
91AqpNqzJZL.jpg

Renewed

Hmm $1.20 CAD to 100 yen, I can eat the cost since I don't think I'll be buying anything else for a few months now.

ranmafan

Now that me you kiryogi have the soundtrack, which is your favorite song now that we have full version of it?

I really like Meiro a lot more now my favorite song of the group. There is variety and there are good and fun songs.

Do people want the lyrics for the rest of the songs in karaoke style? I'm curious and I'll do it if people actually request it.

Well by far my favourite song on the cd is Fire Emblem: Hikari no Gikyoku. Its so epic in tone, and such a great callback to Fire Emblem's history with the cm and all. I've always loved every version of that song. Especially when it finished the anniversary concert last year. That was a blast to hear in person. But since its a short song considering (I really really hope they are holding back an epic longer version for the concert) if I had to chose another it would be Fly Kimi to iu Kaze. I really like that one. Just very beautiful. I loved hearing it in the game and its so nice to have here as well.

I also really ended up liking Under the Moon and Dream Catcher a lot as well. Metro is a good one too of course. I really love the music selection. So much variety in each song, and a lot of it has feels that remind me of great 80s and 90s anime music. A very nice cd.

Now Nintendo/Atlus/Avex Trax, make us that 5 minute super epic version of the Fire Emblem theme we all want! Do it now!

BTW that cover for the book looks so awesome! Cant wait to get it, although I may have to wait until March due to having to much to buy right now. But it will be worth the wait.

Top Bottom