• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Please don't be late ports.
It'll probably be late ports. After the Wii U, EA probably would want as low of an investment in the NX Platform as possible to test the waters.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If EA really had dev kits for a while, this means that what Arkham said a few months ago, which was probably referring to a team inside EA, was false, at least for EA as a whole. Or better, not false: just that the people he talked with were among those who didn't receive the dev kits at the time or they lied to him in order to respect the NDA.

Neoxon

Not really, like has been said before if the engine can run on NX and NX has similar architect as PS4 and Xbox one its an easy port. Its only ground up games that take time, most these games are built on PC anyways before being ported over.

They will prob have Madden, Fifa, Need for speed and maybe get Mass Effect again like wiiU
That's the issue. x86 isn't exactly handheld-friendly, & Nintendo was aiming to make the console & handheld "like brothers".

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If they need to discuss anything as far as "plans," it's co-marketing plans. There's no way a major Western third-party publisher jumps on NX without Nintendo actually giving their games the time of day like Sony and MS do.

Depends. They could have easily been working at a limited capacity on getting certain things running and now want to discussed potential plans to bring certain software to the platform and make marketing deals for the releases.

Yeah, that makes sense. Meeting to make plans doesn't mean they need to wait until then to start working on ports. The plans probably are about advertisement considerations, console bundles, prominence on the e-shop, etc.

Vena

That's the issue. x86 isn't exactly handheld-friendly, & Nintendo was aiming to make the console & handheld "like brothers".

Not really, like has been said before if the engine can run on NX and NX has similar architect as PS4 and Xbox one its an easy port. Its only ground up games that take time, most these games are built on PC anyways before being ported over.

They will prob have Madden, Fifa, Need for speed and maybe get Mass Effect again like wiiU

Architecture doesn't matter, stop this for the nth time.

Not trusting EA after Wii U's unprecedented partnership.

EA threw away the SDKs for the WiiU/sent them back, that's how bad it was. The fact that they've had them and didn't toss them out means we may actually be looking at something half competent coming out from Nintendo. EA didn't do it out of spite, they did it because the original WiiU SDKs were absolute trash and undocumented nonsense with poor support.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The source is actually a janitor who happened upon some documents a silly person in marketing accidentally left on a desk.

tamakip5ppx.png

"Unprecedented partnership"

The_Lump

Banned

Think it's been corrected before in this thread, but the architecture of the processor does not need to be identical for the devices to share a development environment. Compilers exist for a reason.

thefro

If EA really had dev kits for a while, this means that what Arkham said a few months ago, which was probably referring to a team inside EA, was false, at least for EA as a whole. Or better, not false: just that the people he talked with were among those who didn't receive the dev kits at the time or they lied to him in order to respect the NDA.

My theory for a while has been that most of EA's NX dev kits are with programmers/engineers working on porting Frostbite & Ignite over to NX. Likely a select group of people at DICE and maybe one other studio. Your average dev isn't going to have access to a kit because it isn't needed.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
fixed

I can see it happening

I still remember when, back in 2009, I created a fake PR describing an on-rail Call of Duty game (it was the period when both Dead Space and Resident Evil games were announced on Wii as on-rail games). It was for laugh, a clear fake, so no harm provoked.

...I still can't believe that fake was still better (at least at first, when it got announced) than the real Call of Duty game Wii got in 2009, a 2-years-old port of Modern Warfare.

Trago

Oh god, can you imagine NX getting marketing deals for titles that aren't Skylanders and Just Dance?!

That's some otherworldly shit.

maxcriden

It helps the nature of the debate. Now there's going to be much less question of whether anything is getting pushed to 2017 (although it's still possible, now we'll know it's their intention to move on that sooner.)

That's only the case once verification checks out and if plans don't change and if the source themselves isn't pulling a fast one to begin with. I have every hope all of this is true, I just would feel much more comfortable saying thinking of it as certain if we had concrete knowledge of it and ... really I'm not sure I'll believe much of anything for 100% certainty till Nintendo reveal it. But even then if we get a source check confirmation on all the Trev rumors I'll feel more comfortable thinking of all this as reasonably likely at the least.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This thread has devolved into the types of filterless rumor discussion that we don't like to have on the forum. We can have a new NX thread when there's new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom