• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

redhood56

Banned
Ditching the old formula of a character talking with a background is very interesting. Now I am really excited to see these "cinema" parts.

mStudios

LVnFoOp.png

So these are the names right?

That guy looks too much like a Carlos, and the other too much like an Eric.

Also there looks like pure murder behind Eric's eyes

Do you have any twitter? I uploaded the pic on my twitter and it has 100+ retweets, I want to give you credit.

https://twitter.com/MagnaStudios/status/707172254896033792

arue

THIS IS THE ZTD NEWS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

I can't wait for the game. Also a dog? the game just got 100% better.

slash3584

Shit it has been so long since I beat VLR and 999.

Reading all these spoilers and i'm like

084.png

Don't know if I should read a plot analysis or just play them again.

redhood56

Banned
So maybe the deadly situations could be
team vs team? In the concept we see Diana with a gun to sigmas head but maybe they have to solve a puzzle before the other teams to stop the gun from going off? And the person in the chair who is on the last team to finish dies?

Skii

If this game doesn't end with Junpei and Akane together, I'm going to riot.

But I'm assuming Junpei
doesn't forgive Akane
because of the events in VLR.

I'm so confused.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If this game doesn't end with Junpei and Akane together, I'm going to riot.

But I'm assuming Junpei
doesn't forgive Akane
because of the events in VLR.

I'm so confused.

I don't think the Junpei of ZTD has any knowledge of the events in VLR. Only Akane, Sigma, Phi and possibly Kyle/? Have jumped between streams.

Have you not noticed the spoiler tags in here? Also, it's not about what Junpei knows in this game.

Anyway, that shlocky animu love plot was really bad in 999. Even more so for me, since I already called the twist the game was leading up to, so I was only left with that kitsch in the end - easily one of the reasons VLR was a far superior story.
(Team C confirmed trash tier - but maybe it's a different Akane in some ways).

GSR

Bah, for some reason I read the teams as C-B-A. They are indeed C-D-Q according to the leaks. Sorry about that!

blacksark

Waiting has been so much worth it,the times when it got cancelled, all the #4infinity expectations and the day it got revealed with the streaming not working, the character reveals.. And we are getting a full release, physical in the us for vita and 3ds,with the tone of 999 and lots of people dying. I can't ****ing wait Now!

Skii

I don't think the Junpei of ZTD has any knowledge of the events in VLR. Only Akane, Sigma, Phi and possibly Kyle/? Have jumped between streams.

No, I meant that because of what we know from VLR, it's likely that Junpei never forgave Akane during these games as he was still deeply upset by the person she had become.

But because this is essentially a different timeline now with different minds in certain characters, maybe their relationship can be changed. That's what I'm banking on.

No, I meant that because of what we know from VLR, it's likely that Junpei never forgave Akane during these games as he was still deeply upset by the person she had become.

But because this is essentially a different timeline now with different minds in certain characters, maybe their relationship can be changed. That's what I'm banking on.
Of course
it's going to be changed, we're going to a future where humanity doesn't go nearly extinct, anything can happen. The future where VLR happens is only one possibility

GSR

Another possible leak with more details:

• Carlos, Diana, and Q are indeed the leaders of their groups and the protagonists.
  • You can switch protagonists at any time and advance the stories individually.
  • In order to escape, the groups must use 6 passwords. But a password is revealed when somebody dies. In other words, 6 people need to die for the groups to escape.
  • Carlos is a firefighter.
  • Q is good-hearted and honest despite his strange appearance.
  • Eric is ordinarily cheerful, but in times of crisis he quickly loses his calm.
  • Mila rarely shows her emotions and is fairly insensitive by her own measure.
  • Diana joined the Dcom simulation on the recommendation of her boss.
  • Gab is used by the players to send messages via a small pouch around his neck.
  • There is of course still an "escape part" in addition to the "cinema part" but the details of that will be announced later.
  • Development is 80% done (this was in the other leak as well)

Not really familiar with this source so I won't add it to the OP just yet, but this all seems reasonable.

Zolo

• Q is good-hearted despite his strange appearance.
  • Eric is ordinarily cheerful, but in times of crisis he quickly loses his calm.
  • Mila rarely shows her emotions and is fairly insensitive.

Well, this should be a fun group.

• Carlos, Diana, and Q are indeed the leaders of their groups and the protagonists.
  • In order to escape, the groups must use 6 passwords. But a password is revealed when somebody dies. In other words, 6 people need to die for the groups to escape.
  • Diana joined the DCom simulation on the recommendation of her boss.
  • Gab is used by the players to send messages via a small pouch around his neck.
  • There is of course still an "escape part" in addition to the "cinema part" but the details of that will be announced later.

Not really familiar with this source so I won't add it to the OP just yet, but this all seems reasonable.

Only 80% done when the game is due out in a few months?

6 people must die!?!?! Oh boy...time to start thinking about who I'll sacrifice.

FluxWaveZ

Only 80% done when the game is due out in a few months?

Not unusual. Etrian Odyssey V is said to be "60% done" and it's launching in August.

When they speak of percentages, they're likely not talking about the entirety of the development cycle, but at least when it went into active development.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not unusual. Etrian Odyssey V is said to be "60% done" and it's launching in August.

When they speak of percentages, they're likely not talking about the entirety of the development cycle, but at least when it went into active development.

Yeah
Or else this one has been going on for 4 years.

corn_fest

In order to escape, the groups must use 6 passwords. But a password is revealed when somebody dies. In other words, 6 people need to die for the groups to escape.

Man, this is pretty fucking dark. IIRC, in 999 and VLR, none of the participants have to die
in any timeline
just to solve the Nonary Game (except perhaps the 9th man).
Glad to see the game is far from VLR's somewhat-sanitized tone.

Oh yeah only 3 survivors, I can imagine that will make things hellish for the cast with such a bleak outcome for them. This was supposed to be the most brutal game according to what was said in VLR, now I can see why, yikes.

Wait so the true ending doesnt involve you saving everyone like 999 and VLR?

Nobody knows at this point. As with VLR, though, it will likely involve
hopping between timelines after people die so you can collect all the passwords. Somebody different can die each time so there's a chance you can get everybody out alive.

asagami_

Banned
Oh, so when the woman (Diana I guess) said that 6 died she was referring to this event.

Still...

Phi, Sigma and Diana survived the event, but what about Akane and Junpei?Maybe the recording is from a timeline different from the one we know, and VLR timeline was a kind of "good" ending where at least 5 people survived.

btw, the mechanic of use the three groups at same time open a new world of possibilities, I wonder how many endings will have the game o______O

corn_fest

Wait so the true ending doesnt involve you saving everyone like 999 and VLR?

I was interpreting it as having to reach at least 6 possible futures where people die (like finding the bomb codes in VLR) in order to save everyone.
But maybe not...? If so, that's pretty grim.

Passwords should be easy with morphogenic fields, but since I'm sure it isn't that easy, it's going to suck when we find out they won't work for some reason.

Soriku

Question...isn't the Mars Test Site originally supposed to be a simulation for an actual mission to Mars? How does it turn into a deathtrap? lol.

Anyway I suppose since
Sigma and Phi can jump timelines, they'll be getting the passwords the same way they got the bomb passwords. They might all have to die in the process, but what can you do?

Wonder how the puzzles will play out this time and how the decisions at the end of each round play out, how the voting will go etc?

• In order to escape, the groups must use 6 passwords. But a password is revealed when somebody dies. In other words, if 6 people die then the groups can escape.

News overload, it's almost time for me to go on a media blackout for this game. I want to go in the same way I did with 999. All of this is good stuff though. GOTY 2016 right here. Plus we may get DRV3 & Ace Attorney 6, this is the year of the VN.

MegaMelon

I just hope that someone will upload the solutions to the puzzles online for launch day. I suck at the puzzles in this game. Or hopefully there'll be an easy mode.

Hylian7

Okay, so this must be why Diana thought 6 people were dead, because she couldn't ever see them.

I like the ideas in this one, I do hope in some cases the groups actually meet though. I would like to see some of the cross-group interactions of these characters.

Leezard

I'm guessing that since the dog is supposed to be a message bearer,
someone is likely to plant specific messages to disrupt the groups. Zero, or someone who wants to manipulate the game.

You can switch protagonists at any time and advance the stories individually.

That would be a decent addition of interactivity outside of puzzle rooms. Since I don't expect the gameplay to open up otherwise, like Danganronpa or Hotel Dusk.

Thoraxes

So from Hokanko, like upthread:

So yeah, three protags; from the way it's written, most likely Carlos, Diana, and Q(? - based on the character layouts, since his group is all new).
Good to see Hosoe there. His music is a well-integrated part of theseries for me.

Oh, so when the woman (Diana I guess) said that 6 died she was referring to this event.

Still...

Phi, Sigma and Diana survived the event, but what about Akane and Junpei?Maybe the recording is from a timeline different from the one we know, and VLR timeline was a kind of "good" ending where at least 5 people survived.

btw, the mechanic of use the three groups at same time open a new world of possibilities, I wonder how many endings will have the game o______O
Akane possibly manages to save herself and Junpei with her powers, since Diana isn't in this group she probably just assumes they died.

Though at the same time I find it hard to believe no one from Diana's group died, it could be Sigma and Phi use time travel shenanigans to save themselves and Akane and Junpei survive normally.

Takuhi

Okay, so this must be why Diana thought 6 people were dead, because she couldn't ever see them.

Goddamn, you guys are too good at guessing these twists in advance. Uchikoshi has created a monster.

I'm gonna have to go dark on this discussion before the whole game gets spoiled based on character art and Google translations of PR interviews...

redhood56

Banned

I really like this all except the switching of protagonists, i really don't want to look at guides to get the true end if it requires certain time spent with each group. Also I wonder if the timeline is coming back.
Edit: wait, if they bring the timeline back or something like it would solve the problems with the switching that I have. It would skip the parts that we've already seen, I am very hyped to see what they do about this.

NotLiquid

I'm still thinking into the fact that Junpei and Akane are being paired, and with the secret ending from VLR showing how
Junpei has completely given up hope on Akane after realizing what she's become.
Considering how much of an "ending" that is to their particular arc it seems a little suspect to me that they're going to revisit the dynamic of these two, as I don't buy it simply being for convenience or fan service.

I'm wondering whether or not Akane is going to finally face some much due fire about her behavior from Junpei. Perhaps the character quote is implying that her plans are finally starting to blow up on her. I can see a situation wherein she could be forced to admit to Junpei how she's effectively strung along the world for so long, and although in VLR
Junpei had, with age, given up on even trying to make her realize her inadequacies after the weight of everything and things actually going in her favor
, I could see an angrier, cynical and younger Junpei in a timeline that hasn't played out yet, snapping at her for it.

The fact that Akane's personality is also described as "Machiavellian" makes me also think that she'll probably cut the goody two shoes act around him as well if there's no recourse available.

8gJLl8d.jpg

Holy shit this all sounds so good! I totally called Carlos being a firefighter. Also I love how you can switch protagonists at any time GTA V style. It should make for some very interesting situations.

Top Bottom