• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing! The NeoGAF Megathread Zone!

WillyFive

1273984-untitled_1_copy.png

1273986-untitled_2_copy.png1.png

The Announcement Thread

Official Site

Welcome to the Sonic and Sega All Star Racing Megathread at NeoGAF! This is a straight up arcade racer where you play your favorite Sega characters in your favorite Sega locations! You can battle it out and gain Super Star powers, rocketing your way to the finish line!

You can also play 4 players split screen and 8 players online! Single player modes include Grand Prix, Time Trials, as well as a mission mode!

1274019-untitled_1_copy.jpg

1273985-untitled_2_copy.png1.png

Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles Tails Prower
Knuckles the Echidna
Amy Rose
Dr. Eggman
Shadow the Hedgehog
Big the Cat
AiAi
Amigo
Alex Kidd
Ryo
Beat
Billy Hatcher
Zobio and Zobiko
Ulala
Jacky Bryant and Akira Yuki
B.D. Joe
Robo and Mobo
Opa-Opa
Chuih, ChuBei, ChuPea and ChuBach
Banjo & Kazooie
(only on Xbox 360)
Mii (only on Wii)

MUSIC:

Sonic Series:

Palmtree Panic Present
Metal Scratchin'
Back 2 Back
What U Need
Can You Feel The Sunshine?
Bingo Highway
Crank The Heat Up!
Super Sonic Racing
A New Day
Windy and Ripply
E.G.G.M.A.N. Instrumental
Be Cool, Be Wild, Be Groovy

Billy Hatcher Series:
Bossa Nova of Brinny Air
A Jack-In-The-Box
Volcanic Orchestra
Billy's Courage

Samba De Amigo Series:
Carnaval
Vamos a Carnaval
Bum Bum
Mambo de Verano

House of the Dead Series:
Into the Dark
Aura of Dread
Theme of the Magician
Restoration of Terror

Super Monkey Ball Series:
Monkey Race
Party Game 1
Party Game 2
Ultra Heaven

Jet Set Radio Series:
Sneakman Toronto Mix
Funky Dealer
Let Mom Sleep (No Sleep Remix)
Fly Like a Butterfly

1274021-untitled_1_copy.jpg

1273999-untitled_2_copy.png

whale.gif

4 kinds of tracks: racing, off-road, bike, and hovercraft! 24 tracks in all!

1274020-untitled_1_copy.jpg

1274135-untitled_2_copy.png

shenmue-ryo-hazuki-forklift-figure.jpg

Limited Edition Ryo Hazuki figurine, only 950 in existence. Get yours!​

1273996-sonic1_copy.png

Coming to Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Steam, and Nintendo DS February 23rd (US) and 26th (UK and AU)

MNC

Super thread. Jesus Christ, and to think you were only just a junior some time ago. You've gone places! :')

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I thought the demo (360) was pretty awful, honestly. I'd love to have a kart racer for my 360 since the Wii has Mario Kart and the PS3 will be getting ModNation Racers, but for now I'm pretty much stuck with the racing mode of Viva Pinata Party Animals.

Has it been specifically explained why the PC version has no online multiplayer and only Splitscreen Local Play, when every other version has it?

Choice between PS3 version and Wii one for me I guess!

Tailzo

Can someone tell me if Ryo is unlocked from the start in every version? Or do I have to unlock him? I am thinking of buying the PAL ps3 version.

edit: I'll buy one of the versions for sure, but I have all the consoles the game is appearing on.

GeekyDad

Not sure why, but I'm kind of all giddy for the DS version. I guess it's a nostalgia thing. It looks a bit like Diddy Kong Racing but with SEGA characters and F-Zero-esque track design.

Captain N

I will most likely pick up the 360 version since it has Banjo and Avatars are pretty much just HD Miis.

Its kind of sad that this isn't on the PSP though. Sumo did an awesome job with Virtua Tennis on the PSP and I wish they'd continue to make a psp version.

Eric C

SecretBonusPoint said:
Has it been specifically explained why the PC version has no online multiplayer and only Splitscreen Local Play, when every other version has it?

Choice between PS3 version and Wii one for me I guess!

I was going to get the PC version too. But no online, no buy.

I'll have to see what the people think of the framerate in the 360 version when it's released.

OMG Aero

Willy105 said:
4 kinds of tracks: racing, off-road, bike, and hovercraft! 24 tracks in all!​
wait what
Is it like Diddy Kong Racing where each character has multiple vehicles?
SecretBonusPoint said:
Has it been specifically explained why the PC version has no online multiplayer and only Splitscreen Local Play, when every other version has it?!
TSSZ news is quoting one of the staff members (I think S0L) as saying
“Truth is we did look at online support, be it GFW or some other method,” Lycett said. “When we looked into the cost vs the projected sales, the two didn’t add up. So as a result the feature wasn’t added to the game. One of the main reasons is that on PC people will steal it rather than buy it.”

DeadGzuz

Banned
Demo was ok, but I don't know who most of the Sega chars are, which is probably a good thing. I'll put my Kart money on Modnation Racers for the player made content. I just sold Mario Kart Wii, that was rubbish.

Good OP Willy. But I think it's a bit disrespectful to Ryo that his face is being covered by Kazooie's tail feathers.

Picking up 360+PS3 versions day one. :D

BarrenMind said:

Oh gee, more publicity to the sweepstakes...now you're never gonna win!

yencid

MNC said:
Super thread. Jesus Christ, and to think you were only just a junior some time ago. You've gone places! :')
Seriously thats exactly what i was thinking :lol
he came in with me in the rush and hes already making official threads and stuff.
GO YOU!

Alx

I liked the style of the demo, but I found the game too hard for me. Powersliding seemed to be important, but a few mistakes would mean finishing last. The best I could do was 4th. :(

I already pre-ordered through Amazon (gotta have Banjo, baby) and bought the premium theme off of Live. I'm pumped.

I will buy the DLC day freakin' one.

Cynar

waiting for the price to drop on this after playing the demo and seeing the framerate in some places :|

Gagaman

Thread requires:

119nddy.jpg

I'm generally looking forward to this, if only because they listened to my request of including Opa Opa in the roster. :D

Probably gonna be buying on PS3 and maybe the DS too.

I really enjoyed the demo, even though performance was all over the place. 30 FPS racer with slowdown? That is not Sega-like at all.

I also felt really burned by Sega Tennis. I bought it, full price, because of my undying Sega fanboyism and ohh boy did I feel like an idiot and still do.

Regardless, I really want this. Sadly I can't be duped into paying full price again.

Arpharmd B said:
I really enjoyed the demo, even though performance was all over the place. 30 FPS racer with slowdown? That is not Sega-like at all.

I also felt really burned by Sega Tennis. I bought it, full price, because of my undying Sega fanboyism and ohh boy did I feel like an idiot and still do.

Regardless, I really want this. Sadly I can't be duped into paying full price again.

Framerate is supposedly going to be fixed.

And this is £30 pretty much everywhere.

Arpharmd B said:

Amazon.com has it for $46.99

Vgamer

Arpharmd B said:

Didnt they outsource this game? That could by why the frame rate is not as smooth as other SEGA racing games in the past. Its a shame they did not have one of their Japanese teams work on it. I dont really know what the Japanese Sega teams even do these days?

Vgamer said:
Didnt they outsource this game? That could by why the frame rate is not as smooth as other SEGA racing games in the past. Its a shame they did not have one of their Japanese teams work on it. I dont really know what the Japanese Sega teams even do these days?

It was Made by Sumo Digital, Makers of Outrun '06

vulva

I tried entering that contest, and then got an error saying it was only open to the US. I'm from Canada, and the sweepstakes rules clearly mention Canada as being eligible. WHY DO YOU HATE ME SEGA!?

Top Bottom