• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain - A Neogaf Official Thread on the Gaming Forum

netguy503

Replicant said:
Noooooo!! Must...resist....aw, fuck it. *watching now*

LOL...I saw the spike in viewers after I posted this.:D

BTW...late viewers can always check that page's archives and be able to see the whole game played that way too.

The unfortunate thing is Heavy Rain just froze this guy's console and he had to do a hard reset. :(

EDIT: OMG, this game has behind the scene unlockables like the Uncharted games. I LOVE those! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't click that link.

whytemyke said:
Ah yes. I forgot that I had ventured away from home in the OT. My mistake, fellas. At ease.
Well, it just takes a bit of time to read some of the thread to see reactions to Indigo Prophecy (also referred to as Fahrenheit which is its non-US name), and all you need to do is turn your PS3 on and download the demo to get a sampling of not only the musical score but to get a good general feel of the game as well.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
got the Japanese version, confirmed Japanese/English lang support - voices, text, subs etc.

Install just finished, took about 6 mins.

I've just scanned the Japanese heavy Rain box art, if anybody wants it.
2nv8jtx.jpg

Dont be an ass by providing links to livestream of the game. People have been waiting more than a year for the game and now its just a week away, and you want them to spoil it for themselves? Keep it to yourself and spoil it however you want. I can already see some folks clicked the link and got spoilered.

netguy503

DJmizuhara said:
2nv8jtx.jpg

how do I print it out so I can wrap that around my PS3 version's case? I'm sorry, I'm really new to this. Thanks for the scan and upload.:D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DJmizuhara said:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2nv8jtx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
excellent box-art, love it

(I don't get to post that sentence much)

Replicant

While I can't watch the stream, I can read the chat convo. It's been amusing. Everyone seems to love the events and urging the player to choose one way or another. They also get panic when something dangerous is about to happen to a character. It seems it'd be fun to play this in a room full of people. :lol

netguy503

Replicant said:
While I can't watch the stream, I can read the chat convo. It's been amusing. Everyone seems to love the events and urging the player to choose one way or another. They also get panic when something dangerous is about to happen to a character. It seems it'd be fun to play this in a room full of people. :lol

Why can't you see the stream?

Yea it's pretty intense, I can DEFINITELY agree with the reviewers calling this "emotionally draining". And I'm just watching it.:lol

But the Broadcaster has now had TWO times now where he had to do a hard reset on his console while playing this game. That's a shame. :(

Also, there is a scene with Ethan during the middle of the game that reminds me of the end of
MSG4 where you are crawling through the heated hallway
. It was AWESOME!!!:D

DCharlie

just clocking in with first thoughts, i didn't particularly jump hoops over the demo, but after doing the first 3 chapters consider me interested.

It's quite well put together and clearly tugs on the heartstrings in the most transparent way, but it all works a lot better than the demo for some reason.

Will get back to it later tonight, a bit sick today so hard to concentrate.

Zeliard

DCharlie said:
just clocking in with first thoughts, i didn't particularly jump hoops over the demo, but after doing the first 3 chapters consider me interested.

It's quite well put together and clearly tugs on the heartstrings in the most transparent way, but it all works a lot better than the demo for some reason.

Context and progression. The demo doesn't give that to you at all.

RustyNails said:
Dont be an ass by providing links to livestream of the game. People have been waiting more than a year for the game and now its just a week away, and you want them to spoil it for themselves? Keep it to yourself and spoil it however you want. I can already see some folks clicked the link and got spoilered.
Yeah, seriously. Not everyone wants to watch games instead of buying them, netguy.

I should be getting the game tomorrow but I sure as hell am not streaming it on jtv like I usually do. Don't want the game to be spoiled for anyone.

I have had a chance to put a nice amount of time into the game now and I have throughly enjoyed every minute of it. It takes awhile to get used to the clunky control for walking and getting used to knowing when to switch your camera to make your movements fluid, but once you get past that the game is awesome.

My wife was sitting there watching me play the entire time. Hell I got a call (on call for work) and no sooner then I paused the game and put the controller down it was in my wifes hands and she was all into it.

The story is gripping and pulls you in which is great. I'm always thinking whats going to happen next. The best way I can describe it is how I felt when I watched Avatar. I'm just totally sucked in. I really forget that I'm playing a QTE game.

My only few complaints would be the controls for walking suck ass. No other way to spin it, shits weak lol. Bad pathing on NPC's, no collision detection during cutscenes or at least 1 or 2 for sure. I mean people walking through characters in a full blown conversation lol. Though when I look at the scope of things overall I can over look those 2 things.

The only other thing is that it seems trophies are tied to certain QTE's but can only be unlocked if you come close to doing everything perfectly or choosing the right responses to get to an out come. Tons of trophies though.

Tons of replay value, I can see myself playing this for awhile either the entire game or just certain chapters. I can see why the game has gotten the praise it has been getting. It's definitely a great experience. If you liked the demo even just a little...you will be deep into the game probably halfway through chapter 1. This is a game that everyone should at least rent, if they don't plan on buying it.

netguy503

Revolutionary said:
Yeah, seriously. Not everyone wants to watch games instead of buying them, netguy.

I should be getting the game tomorrow but I sure as hell am not streaming it on jtv like I usually do. Don't want the game to be spoiled for anyone.

The thing is I'm buying the game anyway (in fact it's already payed off) so what a baseless, dumb judgement.

And if someone doesn't want to watch, guess what, they don't have to. I was providing a link for those who do.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I watched some of the stream.

Saw
the greatest flashback ever of a kid named John Sheppard and his brother...then they ended it so anticlimactically "Lol that's how he died".

I had to stop myself but it was so engrossing.

This game looks incredible.

DCharlie

Context and progression. The demo doesn't give that to you at all.

i meant more interms of control/interaction. Although that could still be down to context, and as a story opening/training section it's well executed.

netguy503

Dogenzaka said:
I watched some of the stream.

Saw
the greatest flashback ever of a kid named John Sheppard and his brother...then they ended it so anticlimactically "Lol that's how he died".

I had to stop myself but it was so engrossing.

This game looks incredible.

That was so sad.

This game is as much emotionally engaging as it is emotionally draining. I really felt sad
for that kid
. :(

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
diablopanqueque said:
That is truly horrendous boxart. Whoever came up with that should get fired.

I would take the Japanese box art any day over the NA version. I don't know why they feel the need to change it depending on region :S

Dogenzaka

Banned
RiccochetJ said:
I would take the Japanese box art any day over the NA version. I don't know why they feel the need to change it depending on region :S

Because different boxes appeal best to different markets.

In America, a straightforward composition including a woman, a gun, and not so much artsy-fartsy symbolism, will spur sales in the aisles of Wal-mart.

A drowning nose or piece of paper alone wouldn't.

netguy503

major_killjoy said:
Gotta watch the mouse, this place is becoming a minefield. Any chance that a separate spoiler thread will be going up sooner than usual?

I think it's fine. We are doing nothing wrong. The people who don't want to be spoiled need to learn some willpower.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
polyh3dron said:
Does the JP version have English text and dialogue?

Yep. DCharlie said as much a few posts above.

netguy503

major_killjoy said:
I wasn't implying that you were doing 'wrong', just making observation.

And I'm just saying we already have THREE Heavy Rain threads( this thread, demo thread, the Heavy Rain new pics and info thread) we really shouldn't clog up the forum with another one unless absolutely necessary.

netguy503 said:
And I'm just saying we already have THREE Heavy Rain threads( this thread, demo thread, the Heavy Rain new pics and info thread) we really shouldn't clog up the forum with another one unless absolutely necessary.

Sounds reasonable.

Anyways, along west coast NA, has anyone spotted retail stores breaking the street date?

So excited for this game. I'm going in completely dark on the story, purposefully avoided the last few trailers and did not play the demo. I'm liking what I'm hearing from reviews AND from people who have played the game. Too bad it's so early in the year that it won't even be considered for GotY awards.

Big_T

Update 1.01 available now 226MB for the pal version , downloading now .
I hope the update fix the glitches and the slowdown.

BeeDog

Big_T said:
Update 1.01 available now 226MB for the pal version , downloading now .
I hope the update fix the glitches and the slowdown.

What the hell, already? :lol Curious about the changelog, 226 MB for a patch ain't small, that's for sure (maybe the Taxidermist DLC?).

Top Bottom