• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

neos

si, i've read that in gttv videos they've shown the same part of the demo, and that it loks better.
Has someone a link to that part?.
As i have already played the demo, that is for sure a spoiler free media i can watch

Edit: i only want to watch the demo part, so if the video contains other parts, i don't wanna watch it

neos said:
si, i've read that in gttv videos they've shown the same part of the demo, and that it loks better.
Has someone a link to that part?.
As i have already played the demo, that is for sure a spoiler free media i can watch

I think they just showed the original demo. It didn't look any different to me. They showed all the media that had been released before this with the exception of the last trailer. So the first CG trailer, the trailer that a lot of people criticized was also shown and some scenes from the demo.

neos

SolidSnakex said:
I think they just showed the original demo. It didn't look any different to me. They showed all the media that had been released before this with the exception of the last trailer. So the first CG trailer, the trailer that a lot of people criticized was also shown and some scenes from the demo.
Ah, ok thanks.Probably the one wich i have read has been mistaken

beast786 said:
They dont have it online. Plus i tried my entire state and there wast any.

Thank god i had mine pre-ordered a while ago. :D

Not asking you, just quoting for the topic....

About the unavailability of the ultimate edition... is it temporarily until more are produced was there a set number because they only planned on producing so many?

I've been so busy lately with a newborn child and around the time it was announced, I've been back and forth to the hospital to see my wife who's water had broken (very) early. Now that my son has been home for almost a month, I'm starting to regret not pre-ordering since I now have the time to care but no one seems to have it. Oh well.

About the gamestop pre-order skin.... was I supposed to recieve it at the time of pre-order or will it ship with the game? I didn't ask and didn't think to look it up.

Oneself

RockmanWhore said:
I second that, granted, I haven't played the game yet. But the demo sucks by the God of War 1 and 2 standard. The level is just terribly designed and doesn't make sense. The demo must make even less sense if you've never played a GoW before, plus the framerate is all over the place. Sony shouldn't have distributed it like that or should have make another demo. This one will hurt the game more than it will help it.

This. It was such a stupid idea to put that meh GOW3 demo everywhere.

solarus

MoonsaultSlayer said:

About the unavailability of the ultimate edition... is it temporarily until more are produced was there a set number because they only planned on producing so many?

I've been so busy lately with a newborn child and around the time it was announced, I've been back and forth to the hospital to see my wife who's water had broken (very) early. Now that my son has been home for almost a month, I'm starting to regret not pre-ordering since I now have the time to care but no one seems to have it. Oh well.

About the gamestop pre-order skin.... was I supposed to recieve it at the time of pre-order or will it ship with the game? I didn't ask and didn't think to look it up.
Very sadly it was a limited run only :( Only chance now is off other sellers at insane prices :S
Edit: I only know this for UK, but I'm sure its a limited run everywhere else as well.

whoooop

Banned
Thanks for the link and the tip... Very grateful.

However, I'm looking for another GOW3 thread which had like 230 pages... with images and awesome new gifs.

Thanks anyway. I will try the tip see if I find it.

whoooop said:
Thanks for the link and the tip... Very grateful.

However, I'm looking for another GOW3 thread which had like 230 pages... with images and awesome new gifs.

Thanks anyway. I will try the tip see if I find it.
There was no GoW3 thread that big.

sam27368

Banned
I'm looking forward to the making of docs as well

Speaking of making of docs I was thinking of doing this but being a jnr member I can't create a new post, would someone be so kind as to create a GAF original "official video game documentary" thread. With the first post having a list of making of and other docs relating to gaming, and have the cate gorized as either for purchase or streaming online.

I think that'd be really popular thread

MoonsaultSlayer said:

It can still be pre ordered from bestbuy.com if you are in US

whoooop

Banned
Ok then maybe I got confused as I don't understand GAF well.. I do remember about 2 specific gifs.

One was in the part where Kratos is in the cliff and looking at the titan climbing and there was another with the Titan or Gaia falling and Kratos falling with it and grabbing a rock just after the titan grabbed one.

Those 2 gifs among many others.. The gifs were everywhere not in the first post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
whoooop said:
Ok then maybe I got confused as I don't understand GAF well.. I do remember about 2 specific gifs.

One was in the part where Kratos is in the cliff and looking at the titan climbing and there was another with the Titan or Gaia falling and Kratos falling with it and grabbing a rock just after the titan grabbed one.

Those 2 gifs among many others.. The gifs were everywhere not in the first post.

Sounds a lot like the GTTV thread.

whoooop

Banned
I swear it was another thread, but maybe it was another forum with neogaf links.. Who knows...

I found them on that thread so thanks to everybody that helped me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TheFatOne said:
Yea it was the first GOW GTTV thread. Give me a second and I will find it.

I noticed the thread in my history, but I assumed it was the same thread as the most recent GTTV thread. :lol

Here's what he said

SamBishop said:
That'd be the latter, though the former is probably what most got to see last night. For what it's worth, I'm actually going to avoid the GTTV thang until I'm finished with the game. Those that are strong enough to hold out until the game hits will be handsomely rewarded, I think. Otherwise, expect lots o' impressions and interviews and stuff come Monday in addition to the ocular humping hitting the tee vee in a few hours.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19986692&postcount=679

Torrod

Neo Member
German GamePro review gave it a 92 out of 100

10 to 12 hours of Gameplay.
Lots of violence and gore

Pros
epic presentation
great voice-acting
epic soundtrack and sound-effects
the Titans
imaginative characters and story

Cons
Weak textures
bumpy Frame rate
imprecise controls while climbing

Editors Opinion
"God of War 3 isn`t a game, its an epic adventure"
"Who can resist when kratos rolls out his gyros"

More intoxicating than a Movie: Besides some minor technical failures the final of the Trilogy belongs to every Actiongame Fans Collection.

About the technical issues

"Technically God of War has two sides of a coin. Taking the Playstation 2 to its limits, the series has always been the ultimate showcase of its platform. The third installment is able to take your breath in some moments - especially the titan levels and some epic scenerys towards the end. But there are some dull and ugly parts as well. Dantes Inferno is devinitive more imaginative in some areas. Some ambient textures look very blurry watched from a near distance. The unsteady framerate in some areas is given what you see on the screen in these moments not comprehensible. in the end the positive impressions outweigh these minor faults. God of War 3 features an experience you will never forget. "

Thank you very much.

lol at the idea of Dante's Inferno being imaginative when every single thing in it can be traced to someone else's literature, art, or game design.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wow. Weak textures compared to what? A small handful of games that do it better? I thought the representation of various materials in the game were outstanding.

now I'm curious, what score did German gamepro give to Dante's Inferno, and did they talk about texture as well?

shame about the bumpy framerate, I hope it's not true or at least only minor nitpick from them.

Baki

Lord Error said:
Wow. Weak textures compared to what? A small handful of games that do it better? I thought the representation of various materials in the game were outstanding.

The early reviews are using pre-release code.

Baki said:
yeahm but I assume it must be near final and the difference to retail version gonna be minor, maybe some bug fixes here and there. I'm not expecting the retail sudden;y gonna have better texture and improved framerate (well, maybe this one is possible, I hope)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Baki said:
I'm talking about the pre-release code as well (demo). I agree however about the framerate in the demo. I'd prefer if they locked it to 30FPS, than what they had there.

rhino4evr

Destructoid has impressions of the first 30 mins with detailed walkthrough. They basically say it's the most epic game opening ever.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
voady said:
Cons
Weak textures
bumpy Frame rate
imprecise controls while climbing

Incoming.... http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

:lol
Those aren't all that surprising. They've been saying the framerate is unlocked for a long time now, the GoW games have all had rather shitty climbing controls, some of the minor enemies to have some crappy textures on them (like those skeleton-like things with a little bit of skin over them) although most of the game looks sharp as hell. I doubt these things will be issues for most people, as they're probably very minor, but it's not surprising that they're listed as cons.

Animator

Callibretto said:
yeahm but I assume it must be near final and the difference to retail version gonna be minor, maybe some bug fixes here and there. I'm not expecting the retail sudden;y gonna have better texture and improved framerate (well, maybe this one is possible, I hope)

The people who finished the final retail code all said it runs like a dream. You can see in the videos too that the game runs so much better than the demo it looks the demo look like another game.

:lol @ bad textures comment.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Baki said:
The E3 demo was even older and had fantastic texture work. Absolutely beautiful looking.

The framerate was definitely unstable, however, and I was hoping that it would be addressed.

Seriously, how bad does texture work have to be to listed as an overall con in the end? If that's the case with GOW3, I would hate to think about other games not as pretty as GOW3, which is what? Damn near all of them? :lol

Baki

dark10x said:
The E3 demo was even older and had fantastic texture work. Absolutely beautiful looking.

The framerate was definitely unstable, however, and I was hoping that it would be addressed.

Yeah...Either its a poor translation or GamePro were looking for things to criticise.

Jas

IGN Preview said:
There have been some rather lofty claims tossed around about God of War III's graphics, and I'm happy to say that they're all true. This game looks stunning, not only due to the unheard of sense of scale, but largely because the texture detail is sharp as a razor and the lighting is film-like. Kratos is probably the single best-looking character ever seen in a videogame. While he looks great from afar, when the camera pans in up close and you can see just how detailed the texture work on him is, you will be floored. What used to be a blanketed white canvas to portray the ash affixed to his body now actually looks real with tons of detail and subtlety. Really, it has to be seen to be believed.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072653p1.html

rhino4evr said:
Destructoid has impressions of the first 30 mins with detailed walkthrough. They basically say it's the most epic game opening ever.

*dies*

Thanks for keeping the OP updated. Gotta say I'm being a bit naughty sneaking into this thread, but I really can't resist at times. Just great to hear so many fantastic things about it. I think i might cry when I play it. :lol

Eliciel

I'll just play the game without watching any GTTV or pre-release Mediablowouts...because I want to play this epicness completely unspoiled.

I mean I am even upset that I already saw Talon with his Iron Hammer...it would have been so much more exciting to see this for the first time ingame....it's just like uncharted 2 the hole game was spoiled before I had played it. this sux

From destructoid:

"And I am here to tell you that the first 30 minutes of God of War III is the best first 30 minutes of any videogame I have ever played."

I am literally SCREAMING in my dorm room right now

Baki

IAMBEEFLESS said:
From destructoid:

"And I am here to tell you that the first 30 minutes of God of War III is the best first 30 minutes of any videogame I have ever played."

I am literally SCREAMING in my dorm room right now

Updated.

Top Bottom