• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the issues 4 faced at launch, Battlefield has always been consistently great online so I can't wait, especially if it is the World War era.

With that said I'd like to see a good campaign this time round, the last few entries have been extremely forgettable & generic. Gigantic WW1 battles could be exactly what the series needs.

Watch it somehow be a futuristic themed WW1 game now......

Regardless of the issues 4 faced at launch, Battlefield has always been consistently great online so I can't wait, especially if it is the World War era.

With that said I'd like to see a good campaign this time round, the last few entries have been extremely forgettable & generic. Gigantic WW1 battles could be exactly what the series needs.

Watch it somehow be a futuristic themed WW1 game now......

Time traveller going back to past to kill hitler when he is s kid.

Very different games for different audiences. And what are you comparing? BF4 certainly has more people playing it than MW/2 if thats what you're comparing.
Not really comparing it on that level. Comparing them on a fundamental level and single player in my own book. Online is subjective given the difference in scale and player count but even then. On pure enjoyment i got more out of it then BF4, though BF3 is my jam for online (BF2 and Bad Company are king).

Either way both of them are military shooters and are comparable on that merit alone. On that merit MW 1 & 2 as a whole package kicks it ass.

Elitist1945

Not really comparing it on that level. Comparing them on a fundamental level and single player in my own book. Online is subjective given the difference in scale and player count but even then. On pure enjoyment i got more out of it then BF4, though BF3 is my jam for online (BF2 and Bad Company are king).

Either way both of them are military shooters and are comparable on that merit alone. On that merit MW 1 & 2 as a whole package kicks it ass.

If we're comparing single players, yeah Battlefield will be ass in comparison (hell, most shooter campaigns are shit compared to CoD 4 and MW2).

I just hope the do a better job gameplay wise this time. Rush is still shit in BF4 and everybody stoped playing the DLC maps after 2 weeks.

If we're comparing single players, yeah Battlefield will be ass in comparison (hell, most shooter campaigns are shit compared to CoD 4 and MW2).
Anyways DICE is in the penalty box for me. Until they can deliver both a competent single player and bad ass online play with some fresh takes and other features that merit the price tag.

Especially since they have online play down, it's time to get the other side up to par. No reason for this game to continue the trend otherwise why do single player. Maybe that will be the case with this.

I just hope the do a better job gameplay wise this time. Rush is still shit in BF4 and everybody stoped playing the DLC maps after 2 weeks.

Don't get me started.

DOWN

Banned
Most things are due to install base, but EA aren't going to turn down the marketing money and also help the platform that allows them to have EA Access.

Battlefield 4 was a launch title. There was no known certain sales gap at the time of the agreement. Yet the game excelled on PS4 over Xbox.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If it's WW1/2 then I'm out. I got bored to death of it years ago and have no interest in it returning. Would have liked to see Battlefield go far into the future. I'll just keep playing Battlefield 3 + 4 and pick up Infinite Warfare this year which will be my first CoD in 6 years.

Maybe once they release the inevitable Premium edition with all expansions I'll pick it up dirt cheap... I'm not paying £80-90 for it

packy34

Competently no, quickly yes. Battlefront should have been more then it was given the hype.

I beg to differ on BF4 was not their best work. Modern Warfare 1 & 2 is still kicking it's ass from great heights.

Absolutely not. Not even close. It's not even in the same planetary system. BF4 offers hundreds of times more content than any COD game, and offers full dedicated servers with community customization. That's not even getting into the gameplay or the destruction.

If it's WW1/2 then I'm out. I got bored to death of it years ago and have no interest in it returning. Would have liked to see Battlefield go far into the future. I'll just keep playing Battlefield 3 + 4 and pick up Infinite Warfare this year which will be my first CoD in 6 years.

Maybe once they release the inevitable Premium edition with all expansions I'll pick it up dirt cheap.

When was Battlefield WW2, let alone WW1, years ago?

Absolutely not. Not even close. It's not even in the same planetary system. BF4 offers hundreds of times more content than any COD game, and offers full dedicated servers with community customization. That's not even getting into the gameplay or the destruction.

Destruction is not a drawing point. Its a distracting half the time anyway. Bad Company is still king in my book.

Gameplay is not even on the same level as MW.

Hundreds is hyperbole.

BF4 having dedicated server is long over do and when it comes to content the community has always provided half or all of that longevity. That's the hall mark for the series though.

Though its strange how defensive you got when i compared the two. Never even said all of BF just MW vs BF4.

breadtruck

WW1 would definitely be something neat. Id love for something different.

I would also like to see 2142 return (2143.) Preferably as a small download title similar to 1943.

-griffy-

Banned
Competently no, quickly yes. Battlefront should have been more then it was given the hype.

I beg to differ on BF4 was not their best work. Modern Warfare 1 & 2 is still kicking it's ass from great heights.

Why would you even compare those games though? Like, wouldn't BF4 be compared to COD:Ghosts or something?

If you're dipping all the way back to MW1 and 2, two of the biggest heavy hitters the genre has ever seen, I don't even know what you're arguing.

fritolay

After Battlefront, and the first Battlefield game not supporting last gen I have very high expectations of this game.

LEAKED Gameplay videos!

y4gtdjxvyd9imwrlopfc.gif

f54b8l1v1e8xou2carzp.gif

/JK

I understand, opinions. BF4 has attained Bad Company 2 status for me, its an amazingly fun game. Play it every week, sometimes days on end.

It might not be their best output but its the best online shooter atm and definitely superior to MW. And i do enjoy my CoD fix once in a while.

NoPiece

So rumors point toward WWI correct?
Why not WWII? Feel like there's more possibilities during that time period.

I'd like another WWII game, but it has been so many times already. There is more opportunity for doing new stuff with WWI.

Gaggin a bit @ those employees going off on the "CG cod" train when this appears to be doing the same "in-engine *downsampled from 8K on a computer you will never own at 0.10 speed*" thing Dice did with battlefront. That game came out gorgeous but not close to the reveal.

Pryce

MW1? Maybe.

MW2? That's beyond laughable.

I hope its not just small flash backs to WW1 and instead its full blown WW1 game, even if it has weird futuristic elements like the ones you guys are suggesting.

I'm so hyped for tomorrow's reveal.

Gaggin a bit @ those employees going off on the "CG cod" train when this appears to be doing the same "in-engine *downsampled from 8K on a computer you will never own at 0.10 speed*" thing Dice did with battlefront. That game came out gorgeous but not close to the reveal.

wasn't it the video editing team too? extra hilarious!

Coffinhal

So now we're sure it's called Battlefield 1, has a link with WW1 but we don't know how yet.

Where is the time count for the reveal?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh man if they "reboot" Battlefield and start with World War, in about a decade or so we might have a Battlefield version of Modern Warfare :O.
Imagine what DICE could do with Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia, the Eastern Bloc, Pripyat O___O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom