• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BF4's gotcha covered..its a great map
nC20925-640x360.jpg
Ugliest trees ever, at least on console.

Orcus

We've had enough of modern era, what you want is just more BF4
No, that was my last choice behind coldwar era, Vietnam, and WWII. What I'm concerned about is the vehicles of WWI, which I personally think are incongruent with what I feel is part of the heart and soul of the battlefield franchise.

It seems to me that, in order to make WW1 a fun setting for a Battlefield game, you'd need to change so many aspects of it that I don't really see how it would still be WW1. Yeah, you could add fast armoured cars and better tanks and planes with actual weapons, but by that point it's just a wholly invented scenario.

dippa

Neo Member
I understand your point, but WWI just doesn't seem like battlefield to me.

3inch20cwtAAgunPeerlessLorryWWI.jpg

Does that seem like the kind of vehicle that you have those battlefield experiences in?

Seems fair given the way they handle!

A WW1 Battlefield would feel a little too much like trench warfare to me though; not really something I'd want. Bring back 1942. (Literally. Some modern compatibility patches would be great.)

I don't see vehicles beind any indication that this isn't going to be WWI or the years between both wars.

I mean, we got FarCry Primal recently, that wasn't exactly like the others and playing it safe, why can't DiCE have some fun as well? Having done Battlefront, we know they're capable of wandering off the beaten path.

Undead

Would be nice to have a WW1/2 fps again, been too long since a good one was made for console.
I just hope the guns are also authentic with none of that rapid fire pistol shit and that bolt actions are good again

Yoday

Let me use this rifle for the first time in a videogame and let my country feel proud!

mondragon2.jpg
What rifle is that? I just installed Premium for BFH after learning about it going to the EA vault, and I could have sworn that rifle was in the weapons I was browsing. Matter of fact there are a bunch of early weapons in there now like the M1, M1A1, and a few others.

What rifle is that? I just installed Premium for BFH after learning about it going to the EA vault, and I could have sworn that rifle was in the weapons I was browsing. Matter of fact there are a bunch of early weapons in there now like the M1, M1A1, and a few others.

The M1908 Mondragón rifle is a Mexican weapon made by the General Mondragón and It was the first semiautomatic and automatic rifle in the world, it was used in both WW1 and WW2 that's why I hope we can use it on Battlefield 1

airjoca

Yeah that's what happens when you release a subpar game, you race to fix it. I'm not going to praise them for fixing their shit. Should have been better then it was at release. What kind of standards are people okay with today?

Too many platforms to release on, and EA surely rushed them to compete with COD.

The game itself was NOT subpar,it had netcode issues.

ktroopa

The reveal had better be real good, i can sense hype overload on this. Have they really got something that will melt the internet?? I doubt it. Unless its BC3 lol..

Yoday

The M1908 Mondragón rifle is a Mexican weapon made by the General Mondragón and It was the first semiautomatic and automatic rifle in the world, it was used in both WW1 and WW2 that's why I hope we can use it on Battlefield 1
Ah, okay. The one in Hardline is the M1903.

Omni

Battlefield games always excite me. Really looking forward to this reveal.

I do have a fear that they're gonna completely screw it though. Hardline really left a sour taste in my mouth. Regardless of the fact that DICE didn't make it.

All right. I did break and watch the teaser and it got me excited to see a flash of the latest Frostbite. But then the threads fills with these non-game related projects, and talk of WW1 and these pictures and we don't know anything.

See you in 12 hours. I'll leave the topic till then.
DUN DUN DUN...DUN DUN*.

the theme track, in case my music writing isn't clear.

ekim

I can basically confirm it is going to be called "Battlefield 1".

Check http://ea.com/battlefield-1 / it redirects to the battlefield.com and the event page.
If you enter something like http://www.ea.com/battlefield-5 you get a 404.

EDIT:
Just noticed that clicking them does forward you to Origin. Enter them manually or copy paste the URL. Weird. (don't click "copy link" from the context menu of your browser. It will copy the weird neogaf json link api thingy)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Single most important factor in this game for me is the destruction. Battlefront was a gigantic back-step in that regard and is a large reason why that is so unsatisfying to play with the little pea-shooter laser guns.

If they've pared back the destruction again in this or as much as they did in BF then I have totally lost faith in them. When you have vehicles especially, destructible environments enhances that aspect of gameplay immeasurably.
Destruction is anti defender by default though. And the franchise was never built on destruction in the first place. The games played just fine without the feature.

Seems like you would have to have construction in the game as well if you want to have balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom