• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku - No Man's Sky delayed

SOR5

0GEgv.gif

Goddamit. Hope it isn't delayed much.

I doubt it will be, they cut way too close to the finish line, probably some last minute refinements to make it better :)

The planet would appear as if you'd never been there, unless you make significant changes (like wiping out a species, or mining out a resource).

Any of these huge changes would only be "saved" in the broadest of strokes, and at an extremely minimal data cost.

See I'm not sure of that. If we're talking about changes you make getting shared out via the Atlas and altering what other players will see, then yeah, only the real major stuff that you mention would qualify. That much has been confirmed by Sean in a number of interviews.

As far as changes you make that are significant e.g. carving out a smaller cave system, etc.. but don't make the cut to be shared out, my understanding was that those changes do persist for you. How that data is saved, I don't know. I wonder if it's added to the algorithm that generates that particular planet?

Anybody here remember an interview or vid where they talk about these types of minor changes and whether they persist?

That's a shame. My friend and I were just talking about being excited for this game. I can wait though. I got a huge backlog I could play. Or just hate myself and play Destiny, while drinking heavily.

Tigress

I will say I've been loud here about wanting them to actually tell us. But, honestly, as long as they tell me, this delay is kinda good for me. Means I won't have to stop my current Fallout game mid game (I'm playing a survival play through and I really want to try out Far Harbor but gotta get high enough levelled first) and I can maybe try out the Witcher DLC (I haven't even tried the first one. Haven't wanted to repick it up for a while but I think if I get bored of Fallout I'd be willing to pick it up). Sounds like there is an awesome GTA Online update coming out. And I just found The Handsome Jack collection for a price I was willing to buy (haven't played the presequel yet. Handsome Jack = my favorite game villain).

So it's not like I don't have a bunch of other games on the back burner (which is probably why I'm not as sad about the fact it is being delayed as I should be. Plus honestly my wedding will be a month later and I kinda didn't like that I only had a month to play NMS non stop so hopefully this will come out at a better time for me).

But, I really wish they'd actually tell us soon so I can cancel my vacation plans without any worry that that might backfire on me (though now after one guy posted some really good logic I'm mostly convinced it's delayed and that we'll see an announcement next week). I mean as much backlog as I have that I really want to get to, I'll totally put it all down (Even Fallout) for NMS if it is still coming out then.

Seems rumor is coming down that the PEGI rating was changed from 7 to 12 and the new date is June 24th.

If this is true I really hope they tell us soon so I have enough time to not just cancel my vacation request, but move it to those dates. Honestly, I'd be ok with this but if they delay it more than that I hope it's somewhere in August (because I'll have even less time to play it before my wedding otherwise).

Mathieran

Banned
Seems rumor is coming down that the PEGI rating was changed from 7 to 12 and the new date is June 24th.

So possibly a manufacturing thing??

Hope that is true! Surprised they haven't commented yet if that is it.

It's kind of selfish but that is actually good for me personally as I will be out of town the 21-23rd, and knowing that it's out there would make it tough to enjoy my time.

Tigress

This is where I'm at too - that sub reddit is a fucking joke.

Sadly I think some of the problem of that subreddit is it is reddit and there seems to be a large group that hates Kotaku on reddit (I mean they have a whole subreddit dedicated to hating them). So you get bleed over (and in general it seems like a lot of gamers on reddit hate Kotaku). Seems there are some good people too (one pointed out to people on the subreddit who were saying it was one person that that one person was being upvoted by several people).

Personally I never understood the Kotaku hate. Nor the idea that you shoot the messenger. If anything we should be thanking Kotaku for giving us a heads up since it seems that Hello Games and Sony are not saying anything. At least we have more advanced warning than HG and Sony are giving us.

Sadly I think some of the problem of that subreddit is it is reddit and there seems to be a large group that hates Kotaku on reddit (I mean they have a whole subreddit dedicated to hating them). So you get bleed over (and in general it seems like a lot of gamers on reddit hate Kotaku). Seems there are some good people too (one pointed out to people on the subreddit who were saying it was one person that that one person was being upvoted by several people).

Personally I never understood the Kotaku hate. Nor the idea that you shoot the messenger. If anything we should be thanking Kotaku for giving us a heads up since it seems that Hello Games and Sony are not saying anything. At least we have more advanced warning than HG and Sony are giving us.

People who hate Kotaku are just outdated and haven't jumped on the blind Polygon hate bandwagon yet.

Top Bottom