• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phasmophobia for consoles delayed

Draugoth

Gold Member
phasmophobia-delayed-on-xbox-for-a-second-time.jpg
https://www.trueachievements.com/n55292/phasmophobia-console-release-delayed-xbox

During this year's Xbox Games Showcase Extended, Kinetic Games announced that Phasmophobia, which has been a huge success on Steam, would be coming to Xbox Series in X|S in August via Game Preview. Sadly, the psychological horror game was delayed due to a fire in the developer's office building, and the Phasmophobia Xbox release date was pushed back to October. Now, Kinetic Games has announced an indefinite delay for all console versions of the game.

We'd like to express our deepest gratitude for your support and excitement for our console release. "As we still try to adapt to our new remote working life after the fire incident and to establish a new office, we've encountered unforeseen challenges in adapting the game for consoles. These combined factors have affected our development timeline more than we initially anticipated.

Kinetic Games goes on to say that while preparing Phasmophobia for its PlayStation VR2 launch, it has been reviewing the game's performance and optimizing it across all maps. This has led to Kinetic having to rework the Maple Lodge Campsite map with a new layout.

This decision, though time-consuming for our art team, is essential to provide the best possible gameplay experience.

Rounding off the post, Kinetic added:

"While we had hoped to present you with a special launch alongside the Halloween event, the complexity of our current challenges means we need more time. We will keep you updated on our progress and provide a revised release date as soon as we have more information to share. We are working diligently to minimize the impact of this delay, and we want to express our sincere gratitude for your continued support.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
No worries, release it when it's ready.

PSVR2 community is hyped for this and there's been some games the last few months that released in a sub-par state which had VR goblins in an uproar. VR community is unfortunately really loud and bitchy if they feel they've been slighted at all. It's honestly embarrassing at times considering how small some of these studios are and how cheap the games cost.

The remainder of the year is already stacked so polishing the game will go a long way with launch reception.

FeralEcho

I had a brain fart 😂 I literally thought it was a condition for fearing delayed consoles. I was like wtf is going on.

SilentUser

Oh that's too bad, but in the end it might be a good thing. My brother is bothering me to play this game with him and some friends. Pretty sure he just wants to kill me 🤣

Top Bottom