• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Axis

43 hatched beldums and still no adamant nature lol

also does anyone have a rotom they wouldn't mind trading? or helping me trade my rotom from diamond to gold would probably be easier

cdyhybrid

Axis said:
43 hatched beldums and still no adamant nature lol

also does anyone have a rotom they wouldn't mind trading? or helping me trade my rotom from diamond to gold would probably be easier

I can help you trade yours over, sent you a PM.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dogenzaka said:
Some townfolk would be like "Oh my Goldeen passed, he was my best friend" or something in the old games, and now you'd never hear something like that in conversation with regular townsfolk.
Uh, I'm pretty sure I ran into an NPC or two in the Lavender Town memorial house who said something exactly to that effect.

People really thought Red/Blue was "dark" in any way? What game were you playing?

upandaway

Echoes said:
My friend used that on me. I started with Shuckle (Stealth Rock + Rest + Toxic) while he started with this nasty beast. Three turns later, with two Spikes and Stealth Rock; he kept on using Roar until Magmortar finally showed up in which it scared him away. However, the damage to my Pokes was really bad. I didn't want to change any Poke because that will tear me down, and whether I change or not he's Roaring me away each turn. Nasty, nasty tactic.
I bolded what is wrong with this post.

That is absolutely horrible.

Axis

I have no idea why I can't connect with 50% of the people I try to trade with...anyone know how to fix this?

I've opened the correct ports already so...not sure where else to go with this

JADS

Axis said:
I have no idea why I can't connect with 50% of the people I try to trade with...anyone know how to fix this?

I've opened the correct ports already so...not sure where else to go with this

Have you tried turning off voice chat (By pressing X), that usually does the trick for me. Good news for Dutch and Dutch speaking Belgian Pokémon fans. Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be released this Friday, unless Nintendo Benelux fucks it up again.

Axis

Yeah...I always turn vc off. I've been trying to move these same 6 from diamond to gold for, like, 2 weeks now lol

fisheyes

Fucking hell, I just can not beat Morty. I've never had a problem beating a gym leader in the past, and I thought I was going 'to schedule' (if not ahead) with the levels of my team - all ranging from 20 to 24 - but only my Quilava can withstand one of Gengar's shadow balls - and he's only left with like 6 HP each time. Sucks.

Sixfortyfive

So I just realized that I'm 70+ hours into this and have all 16 badges, yet I have not even looked at the Pokedex up to this point.

*clicks*

Oh hey, that's a spiffy layout.

EDIT: Nice Mt. Coronet remix at Sinjoh Ruins, too.

cdyhybrid

fisheyes said:
Fucking hell, I just can not beat Morty. I've never had a problem beating a gym leader in the past, and I thought I was going 'to schedule' (if not ahead) with the levels of my team - all ranging from 20 to 24 - but only my Quilava can withstand one of Gengar's shadow balls - and he's only left with like 6 HP each time. Sucks.

Togepi/Togetic destroy Morty with Extrasensory.

fisheyes

cdyhybrid said:
Togepi/Togetic destroy Morty with Extrasensory.

I still haven't even hatched Togepi's egg yet, I'm sure in the time it would take me to do that and raise him up high enough I could just grind my Pokes up super high.

fake edit: my Geodude evolved, maybe his defences are good enough now.

I have a level 13 timid Eevee with these IVs:

Aprox. IV:

HP - 24
Atk - 30
Def - 27
Sp. Atk - 13
Sp. Def - 4
Spd - 9

I think it would make a good Flareon or Vaporeon though a Leafeon would be the best evolution to take advantage of its IVs, but still not sure. Also, I have no other Pokémon DS games at the moment, so Glaceon and Leafeon are out of the question.

Should I try to evolve it to Leafeon, or evolve it right now to Flareon/Vaporeon, or are there any other good evolutions for my Eevee?

Sixfortyfive

Timid nature + low Speed IV would make me tear my hair out.

But at any rate, evolve it into one of the Eevees that has high SpAtk and maybe Speed.

Sixfortyfive said:
Timid nature + low Speed IV would make me tear my hair out.

But at any rate, evolve it into one of the Eevees that has high SpAtk and maybe Speed.

Yes, I know its IVs and nature aren't the best, but I only want to use it in the main quest.

High Sp.Attack and high Speed... That would be Espeon.

Sixfortyfive

Arceus' theme is so terrible. So much wasted potential there.

And this cutscene is no less ridiculous now than it was when I first saw it on Youtube.

Axis

Sixfortyfive said:

And this cutscene is no less ridiculous now than it was when I first saw it on Youtube.

i looked away when i initiated the event...when i looked back at the screen i thought my game was bugging out...

Sixfortyfive

Axis said:
i looked away when i initiated the event...when i looked back at the screen i thought my game was bugging out...
:lol That would be the best glitch ever. Yes, better than MissingNo.

OMG Aero

OMG Aero said:
By any chance could someone help me trade two Pokemon from my copy of Pearl to Soul Silver?
I have a Spiritomb on Pearl with Nasty Plot that I'd like to breed with a Misdreavus I just got and I also have a Magby I'd like to trade across to help me hatch eggs.
Anyone?

Axis

Sixfortyfive said:
Do you not have an Everstone or something?

i don't have an adamant ditto so i had to rely on sheer quantity...i caught maybe 20 dittos? no adamant or jolly to be found anywhere haha

edit: aero, i can help you...fc: 1591 6876 4222

Sixfortyfive

Well Articuno, I was just going to mind my own business and leave you be, but since you seem to be standing on top of an item that my radar is picking up, it looks like I'm going to have to kill you instead.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone willing to loan a HG Kyogre for a while? I'll hand you my Ho-oh til I get the item from Oak.

morepokemon.jpg

It just keeps growing!

Axis

AHHHH shiny ponyta! grinding at the front of mt silver has its advantages i guess lol

could be cooler tho..i mean blue? really? he looks like a fucking unicorn

Fucksake I could snap this fuckign DS in half. Why have I only ever been able to trade with two people. RAGE!

Edit: Ok managed to work with Metroid after I setup the trade. Thanks for the Arron :D
Sorry I couldnt be much help Aero..

Axis

Johnlenham said:
Fucksake I could snap this fuckign DS in half. Why have I only ever been able to trade with two people. RAGE!

Edit: Ok managed to work with Metroid after I setup the trade. Thanks for the Arron :D
Sorry I couldnt be much help Aero..

lol seems like everyone's able to connect to metroid!

Anybody in the need of help?
samus_trans.png

I'll help you Aero, got one of your FC anyway and you got mine already.

Glad that you finally got the Aron johnlenham! :)

And is today just shiny day or what? Maybe I should grind a little bit...

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
Anybody in the need of help?
samus_trans.png

I'll help you Aero, got one of your FC anyway and you got mine already.

Glad that you finally got the Aron johnlenham! :)

And us today just shiny day or what? Maybe I should grind a little bit...

haha, do you think you could help me move rotom and a mew or two...or 3 to gold?

Would anyone be able to help me trade some event pokes, legendaries, etc. to my Silver game? Essentially I'd trade them to you from platinum/diamond, then you'd trade them back to Silver. I also need to evolve my Kadabra.

PM me! Thanks!

upandaway

Sixfortyfive said:
The drums? So silly.

Take a look at this (I think they look awesome, far better than Glaceon and Leafeon. No clue who's the creator):
Screenshot2010-03-30at60602PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60610PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60615PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60621PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60627PM.png

Photobucket likes to blue my photos. Hell.

btkadams

Dabookerman said:
morepokemon.jpg

It just keeps growing!
so lame! all my games always get stolen and shit. i would literally have that entire collection minus fire red, diamond, and heart gold.

now i only have emerald, silver, leaf green and heart silver

Wizpig

btkadams said:
so lame! all my games always get stolen and shit. i would literally have that entire collection minus fire red, diamond, and heart gold.

now i only have emerald, silver, leaf green and heart silver
My Pokémon Trading Card Game for the GameBoy got stolen from me..

Anyway I have now access to WiFi @ Pokémon Center, so I will post my FC later today, please add me, everyone! even if Nintendo says you shouldn't add strangers from gaming boards. :lol

I was reading the Pokewalker Section in Serebii.net and learned about Night Skys Edge Course. I am really interested on the items there but I don't understand the way to unlock it: Trade NZ Jirachi? what do you mean by NZ? I want that course badly because of the Shards and the Psychic TM.

Axis

NinjaBoyLao said:
I was reading the Pokewalker Section in Serebii.net and learned about Night Skys Edge Course. I am really interested on the items there but I don't understand the way to unlock it: Trade NZ Jirachi? what do you mean by NZ? I want that course badly because of the Shards and the Psychic TM.

the gamestop jirachi

Wizpig said:
Anyway I have now access to WiFi @ Pokémon Center, so I will post my FC later today, please add me, everyone! even if Nintendo says you shouldn't add strangers from gaming boards. :lol
Cool, are there any specific pokemon you want together with the evo items? I might as well breed some that you want.

Top Bottom