• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Sesha

The worst news here is that we are going yet another FY without DMC. I guess it pretty much confirms that when it does appear it'll be exclusive in one way or another.

I doubt that. DR has a history of being MS exclusive on consoles. The last two DMC games have been multiplat.

Seyavesh

i wonder if all 4 co-op players are gonna be frank
or if it's gonna be a customizable char/select-a-char?

2 chucks was already pretty crazy

Didnt Enter The Dragon Punch hint at the game having somwthing to do with Christmas? Please please PLEASE let that mean that this game will be set in winter with snow!!!

I love snow so much. I'm on winter/snow overload with Rise of the Tomb Raider - it's do awesome there and it would be amazing to kill zombies in winter.

The game takes place during the holiday rush. There should be snow outside, but the mall is all Christmas-ed up :)

Daffy Duck

There are a few things that make Dead Rising 1 unplayable today for me:

- The load times are sooooo bad
- My Xbox360 broke

:lol

But I would be very sad if they remake it and it shifts into DR3 territory, especially with a "full town" and so all. I loved the tight area design, I hate the generic open world feel of DR3... :(

I agree, he opened up area in 3 does lack the focus the original game had.

Sill I am excited about this and hopefully it delivers a Dead Rising experience just like the first one.

So MS buying third party exclusivity again already? lol, guess that ''shifting focus to first party'' instead of doing this went out the window once they starting shutting down their studios.

Hopefully it'll be a lot less like DR3 this time at least. That felt really watered down compared to DR2.

Wereroku

No, it tried to do more than the jaguar could handle, apparently. Way too much stuff going on.

That part of why I think it was more rushed. Given enough time I think they could have smoothed out a lot of the performance since it was certain areas that had the most trouble. But yeah they bit off more the the cpu could handle for sure. I think their engine didn't help matters though.

So MS buying third party exclusivity again already? lol, guess that ''shifting focus to first party'' instead of doing this went out the window once they starting shutting down their studios.

Hopefully it'll be a lot less like DR3 this time at least.

Capcom is really a unique case though. They seem pretty averse to taking on risk at the moment so it probably wasn't even MS buying exclusivity it was probably another SFV were they are funding the bulk of development. This doesn't go against Phil's discussion's.

There are a few things that make Dead Rising 1 unplayable today for me:

- The load times are sooooo bad
- My Xbox360 broke

:lol

But I would be very sad if they remake it and it shifts into DR3 territory, especially with a "full town" and so all. I loved the tight area design, I hate the generic open world feel of DR3... :(

I loved DR3, but I understand that what made DR1 such an awesome experience was left back there. Maybe we'll get all of the X360 DR games announced for BC and even included as part of the purchase, similar to Gears. They might even have tolerable loading times in the move up like so many other BC titles.

icespide

Banned

I think this is less "buying exclusivity" and more "funding the game that wouldn't happen otherwise"

Santar

Making this a remake just seems so incredibly unnecessary.
Why not just make Dead Rising 4 a new story about Frank West returning to the mall from Dead Rising 1?
Why on earth would you remake the first one, the game that made Frank West? Now you have to do all that all over again.

The direction of the series also worries me as DR 3 basically went completely away from teh survival aspect and turned into a easy supercrazy over the top zombie killing simulator.

Agreed, DR3 feels way too open-world. I do not mind outside a mall because the mall was huge in DR.

Welfare

Hopefully it'll be a lot less like DR3 this time at least. That felt really watered down compared to DR2.

There is a difference between MS buying Dead Rising 4 that was originally going to be multiplat and MS funding a DR4 that was never going to happen.

MS didn't buy the IP. Capcom can make a DR 5 and have it be multiplat if they had the money. DR 4 was never gonna happen under current Capcom.

It's a bit 'messy' to have two big zombie announcements in one show is it not?

Maybe one is saved for Gamescom. Some stuff has to be after all.

Wereroku

Holy shit, the only zombie game I put above DR1 is finally getting a sequel. Co-op base-building, please.

If I remember right it's not really a sequel and more the way they intended the game to be from the beginning. Or am I confusing it with the MMO they want to make?

MS didn't buy the IP. Capcom can make a DR 5 and have it be multiplat if they had the money. DR 4 was never gonna happen under current Capcom.

Which is kind of sad when you think about it. We should have had fully multiplat SFV and DR4 but instead we get piecemeal exclusives and lower sells. All because capcom made some major missteps with earlier games.

Chris1

MS said they were focusing more on first party, you read what you wanted to read in Phil's comments, it's not their fault if you took that as if they wouldn't do 3rd party deals any more.

They could even do MORE third party deals and still be correct, tho that's not what he meant.

I really hope this is much closer to the first game. I enjoyed 2 to an extent but it was missing a certain charm (plus the unlockable abilities sucked by comparison). The less like 3 it is the better. I really don't feel like a town works well with this game as there's too much empty space with nothing of note to use. DR3 almost felt like the DR1 tunnels with a shop or two sprinkled in.

T.O.P

Banned

They founded DR3 and it's "probably" the same this time around, what's wrong with that?

I really dislike the fact that Capcom seems so intent on constantly returning to Frank West. Having the protagonist of each game be an everyman was kind of the "point" of the franchise, and I still haven't played 3, but Chuck Greene was a perfect new character and Capcom pretty much immediately threw him out as fast as they could.

Somnia

Already been replied to a lot, but whatever. They aren't buying any third party exclusive here, this is something they are funding to be made just like Dead Rising 3. Buying an exclusive is like what happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Sesha

MS didn't buy the IP. Capcom can make a DR 5 and have it be multiplat if they had the money. DR 4 was never gonna happen under Capcom from two-three years ago.

Fixed. They have the money, at least now. It's the potential risk that's been the issue. At least, it was for SF5.

If I remember right it's not really a sequel and more the way they intended the game to be from the beginning. Or am I confusing it with the MMO they want to make?

Sounds like maybe their long-gestating MMO-ish Class 4 game inherited State of Decay's name to give it instant recognition.

Wereroku

Already been replied to a lot, but whatever. They aren't buying any third party exclusive here, this is something they are funding to be made just like Dead Rising 3. Buying an exclusive is like what happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I'm just waiting for DMC5 to be a PS4/PC exclusive since that seems to be where it's all headed. At least Resident Evil will be on everything in existence.

Sounds like maybe their long-gestating MMO-ish Class 4 game inherited State of Decay's name to give it instant recognition.

Ahh that makes since and really that seems like a great way for them to go. Basically a better version of 7 days to die.

More Dead Rising is always good but hopefully its going to be better than the fun but flawed third game.

I am betting it's going to be more like the 3rd game then the 1st.

eso76

A fleshed out remake of DR1 with coop sounds glorious Frank-ly.
Screen looks..well, a lot worse than DR3. Worse than DR1, I'd say, so something's definitely up with that.
Interested

I really dislike the fact that Capcom seems so intent on constantly returning to Frank West. Having the protagonist of each game be an everyman was kind of the "point" of the franchise, and I still haven't played 3, but Chuck Greene was a perfect new character and Capcom pretty much immediately threw him out as fast as they could.
Frank is a huge part of the story and chuck was in part 3.....

MajorMane

You should probably play Dead Rising 3.
He's not the playable character, but...

There's no denying that Frank West is pretty iconic, however. He's covered wars, you know. But maybe there's hope in the four player co-op offering up some different types of characters. Hopefully.

RootCause

I can understand being worried about the direction. However, if they have the entire mall then it's a non issue.

I would like to see a smaller zombie count, but with better behavior, and less zombies being tied together.
It was one of the things I was let down with. Though that could be hard to pull.

Somnia

I'm just waiting for DMC5 to be a PS4/PC exclusive since that seems to be where it's all headed. At least Resident Evil will be on everything in existence.

Ya at this point I assume anything that isn't Resident Evil will be exclusive to something or other.

Let's hope it'll come out on the PS4 aswell this time...and that it'll be better than 3

Sorry to be the messenger here, but it's XB1/Win10.

c0de

Perhaps they had to give money to Capcom to fund the game? That would be a totally different story then.

Top Bottom