• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Jawmuncher

Hope they back away from the last one's overly grey and dark tone. It's like they forgot this is the series where you can dress up in ridiculous costumes, make a crazy crafted weapon and go to town on zombies in a mall.

It wasn't really the tone of the game itself but meow the style. It was definitely far too dark and gloomy in the way it looked.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I LOVE every Dead Rising game, and to my WONDERFUL surprise, Dead Rising 3 is by FAR my favorite of the bunch. So I'm SO STOKED for Dead Rising 4

Please be true omgomgomgomg

Dinda

They really should make these games with character creation.
Games like this that are all about Gameplay would so often benefit from it. Instead of that we get our generic dude.

Salsa

I really hope this isnt a reboot btw

and I hope that's not Frank

I love Fat Frank, a lot. I like all the characters really and the fact that they're still sequels to each other, and how fucking weird it got with a retelling of 2 and whatever. I like weird

rebooting the franchise and having Frank look like your usual hero type is super lame

he should be a nasty fat vegas-entertainer type guy

Dumb decision = tons of support from publisher and guaranteed 1 million + sales?

yeah and just rehash the same games over and over until you're a soul-less EA corporation

edit- read some of the interviews with people from Capcom Vancouver... they've had some amazing ideas on how to revitalize classic Capcom franchises and original IPs.... but the execs in Japan just ignore them and force them into Dead Rising forever.

Jawmuncher

Meow indeed (damn phone)
2556742-superdr3-07.jpg

is it weird that i'd buy and play a third version of 2 again

like day 1

I'd play dead rising 1 again. Was never too big on 2.

DedValve

Banned
Played and beat every main dead rising game. Mall setting was the best but I also loved DR3.

I hope the town is interesting and the mall is even more detailed than before.

I really hope this isnt a reboot btw

and I hope that's not Frank

I love Fat Frank, a lot. I like all the characters really and the fact that they're still sequels to each other, and how fucking weird it got with a retelling of 2 and whatever. I like weird

rebooting the franchise and having Frank look like your usual hero type is super lame

he should be a nasty fat vegas-entertainer type guy

dude, the whole point of Frank West was that he was a borderline stereotypical American "usual hero type" protagonist

his last name was West, for Christ's sake

he's like one step removed from just being called Joe America

Salsa

dude, the whole point of Frank West was that he was a borderline stereotypical American "usual hero type" protagonist

his last name was West, for Christ's sake

oh I know

I just much prefer what he became. down on his luck fatso with untouched ego

he actually has sort of an arc. don't throw that shit away man

oh I know

I just much prefer what he became. down on his luck fatso with untouched ego

he actually has sort of an arc. don't throw that shit away man

What arc? The developers knew fans loved his "catchphrases" and turned him into a snarky, one-note punchline machine that was incongruous with his original portrayal.

The interesting part of it (the washed-up celebrity bit) served only as an excuse for OtR to happen. They don't do anything cool with it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really hope this one ends up on PS4. I love the series, but I've only been able to really sink my teeth into 2 and Off The Record.

Salsa

What arc? The developers knew fans loved his "catchphrases" and turned him into a snarky, one-note punchline machine that was incongruous with his original portrayal.

The interesting part of it (the washed-up celebrity bit) served only as an excuse for OtR to happen. They don't do anything cool with it.

sure

so? do something cool with it

I mean it's an arc in as far as these games go with characters

Frank West got washed up and doing something with that (assuming he'd be the protagonist again) sounds far more interesting to me than just going back

creatchee

Surprisingly loved Dead Rising 3 on Xbone, sadly I don't have it anymore. PC future release will do it.

If you haven't yet, pick up the DR3 Apocalypse Edition on PC. I got it for a song from Humble during the Capcom sale. If your rig has the power, the game is absolutely beautiful and impressive at 1080p+ and at 60fps (with a simple .ini edit). Seriously - there's like a thousand zombies on your screen at once at 60fps.

MUnited83

For you.
Hope they back away from the last one's overly grey and dark tone. It's like they forgot this is the series where you can dress up in ridiculous costumes, make a crazy crafted weapon and go to town on zombies in a mall.
While I agree the art style was too grim, the game itself was just as crazy and silly as the previous ones.

Somnia

really surprised people are pre-judging this game's visual performance based on a freaking launch title

Ya even more so when it's basically known they are changing engines for this one.

We also know DR3 was rushed for XB1 launch from originally being on XB360.

Yes! I'll definitely need to upgrade before it's out, though. I'm also really bummed it's going to be UWP =/

Zombies? Christmas time? Co-op? A lot of my favorite things rolled into one. I really hope the Christmas bit is real and they go all out.

The original was a genuinely excellent game. The second didn't really do it for me but I enjoyed the third even if felt completely different to it's brothers.

If Frank's back, FANNN-TASTIC!

You could do exactly that, minus mall, with DR3. There are all types of ridiculous weapons and costumes, just like the previous games.

Grisby

Been waiting a long time for 4. I'm not sure I want a reimagining of 1 though.
Uh.You could do all that in 3.

I'd agree that the overall color palette was darker.

Macrotus

This is already confirmed to be a XB1/Win10 exclusive according to Enter The Dragon Punch I believe.

I guess its time to install Windows 10.... /ugh

I was really close to move on to Windows 10 until I read about the privacy issues that OS has.
I know you can disable most of them, but ugh.

Top Bottom