• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors Edition up on Amazon

SeanTSC

Reserved. Statues are the best CE. Can't stand those with art books only. :3

Same. Art Book only CEs always feel like a bigger waste to me. I'll take statutes and figures in a CE every single time if I'm interested enough in a game to buy one. I actually cut back on CEs for a bit simply because of that.

RootCause

Same. Art Book only CEs always feel like a bigger waste to me. I'll take statutes and figures in a CE every single time if I'm interested enough in a game to buy one. I actually cut back on CEs for a bit simply because of that.
Good. :3
I've got a nice collection of large CE statues. They look pretty nice next to one another. I hope Resident Evil 2 has one of Claire. :p

OrochiJR

I look forward to the game, but I do find the concept of putting up pre-orders for an expensive collector's edition for a new IP that is still 8 months away a little bit strange. I know it is what this industry does these days, but it still rubs me the wrong way. The game might turn out to be shit, who knows really until it's out (don't get me wrong it looks great and I hope it's good!!). It reminds me of a Jimquisition episode about I believe Watch Dogs or AC Unity where such an issue was adressed.

The package and content does look nice though.

SeanTSC

Good. :3
I've got a nice collection of large CE statues. They look pretty nice next to one another. I hope Resident Evil 2 has one of Claire. :p

Hah, I'd buy that. I need more girls up there. The only full female figure/statue I have is Milla from ToX and the rest are little chibi nendroid things. Gotta add some diversity. Thankfully the Horizon CE helps that.

Very nice, I'm guessing it will end up as a GAME exclusive over here.

My days of buying the expensive Collectors Editions are done though, so I'm hoping they do a Special Edition without the statue, just that great looking steelbook and artbook will do me.

Persona7

Banned
i'll wait for a price drop lol

still getting the game day one though

oh wait, $119 plus the prime discount?...hmm

Kyne

The Square one should have a nicer figure going by who's making it

noctis_playartskai-1200x600.jpg

vs.

ztJWsqg.png

I dunno man.

I look forward to the game, but I do find the concept of putting up pre-orders for an expensive collector's edition for a new IP that is still 8 months away a little bit strange. I know it is what this industry does these days, but it still rubs me the wrong way. The game might turn out to be shit, who knows really until it's out (don't get me wrong it looks great and I hope it's good!!). It reminds me of a Jimquisition episode about I believe Watch Dogs or AC Unity where such an issue was adressed.

The package and content does look nice though.
most places don't charge you until it ships. Just using your card as a place holder really. On Amazon I cancel all the time if I change my mind. And you get 20% off

RootCause

Hah, I'd buy that. I need more girls up there. The only full female figure/statue I have is Milla from ToX and the rest are little chibi nendroid things. Gotta add some diversity. Thankfully the Horizon CE helps that.
Yup, :( I do have some females thanks to the amiibo, but those don't count as CE. :p

@Persona7:
You can always cancel it if you change your mind. No harm done. :)

wiibomb

wait.. in US there isn't an option like in EU to buy one without the Figure? I don't really like it that much and would rather just have the steelbook and artbook

+1 for black box looking amaze.

Big fat meh at everything else, though. Would have happily stumped up full price if the statue was of one of land robo dinos.

SeanTSC

Hard for me to go collectors on an unknown quantity.

Game might turn out shit.

Well, the nice thing about pre-orders is that you can cancel them. Unless the developers do something super scummy we'll likely know if the game is shit or not from preview impressions prior to release.

Top Bottom