• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors Edition up on Amazon

yep, can't stand them. never have bought one never will. the thing that kills me is, these days it seems like it's the only way to get a steelbook. i love steelbooks but in the us they seem to only come with the ce's that also include statues. blech. glad uncharted 4 let me get a steelbook with no statue.

Please no one ever listen to this opinion

I can't wait for this CE

Reserved. Statues are the best CE. Can't stand those with art books only. :3

yes

That looks pretty nice? I might bite if it goes up on Best Buy.

Anybody have any familiarity with the sculptor, Gentle Giant? Super wary on LE statues, given occasionally you get really good ones (Arkham City [more Kotobukiya LEs, please], Mortal Kombat X) and the rest of the time glorified Happy Meal toys.

Fake edit: Here's some of their statues, in case anyone is wondering.

I really wish publishers would stop putting statues in CEs. They nearly always look like shit and inflate the price even though they look like shit.

Give me an artbook, some trinkets like coins or some shit, a poster/map and a few other cool doodads.

Tigress

Please no one ever listen to this opinion

Why shouldn't we? Are we not allowed to not want a statue and just want a steel book? How does that affect you if we don't want a statue? Is it wrong to offer a limited edition that doesn't have the statue for us (for one I have no space left to display a statue. I already don't know where to put my pipboy).

DrArchon

It's a shame I'm so iffy about the quality of statues, because I'd love a collector's edition for this game, but so many CE statues have turned out to be crap over the years.

The art book sounds tempting, but I figure there will be a bigger and better one released separately later on down the line. Now if this came with an OST CD I might be inclined to get this, but I think I'll just grab the normal version for now.

Why shouldn't we? Are we not allowed to not want a statue and just want a steel book? How does that affect you if we don't want a statue? Is it wrong to offer a limited edition that doesn't have the statue for us (for one I have no space left to display a statue. I already don't know where to put my pipboy).

A) it was a joke

B) having both is a good thing

Top Bottom