• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Long Journey Home - FTL with full navigation, dialogs etc

KKRT00

How doesnt this game have its own E3 thread? FTL was extremely popular and this looks very good and similar in structure from this gameplay.
I just wonder how combat will look like.

Gameplay and interview from Gamespot below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxqBU9RxZiY

tumblr_o8zh9unNra1ual27lo1_1280.png

tumblr_o8x83chhL11ual27lo1_1280.png

tumblr_o8x7ba0zFP1ual27lo1_1280.png

eot

Banned
The beauty of FTL is that it's such a simple game, "FTL with full navigation" doesn't sound like a good pitch to me.

KKRT00

Yep, it is really a lot alike FTL to me.
Of course its not the same game expanded or with changed perspective, but it seems to have the same feel and goals as FTL.

Katori

This looks good and I'm glad you posted it, but for a split-second I thought that this thread was about the (cancelled :() sequel to The Longest Journey, The Longest Journey Home.

But yes, this looks great!

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
"It's like FTL, but actually nothing like FTL beyond the concept of the setting"
.. uh...

Durante

This looks good and I'm glad you posted it, but for a split-second I thought that this thread was about the (cancelled :() sequel to The Longest Journey, The Longest Journey Home.

But yes, this looks great!
I also thought so.

But the actual game does look great. I put it on my wishlist.

Was actually meaning to make a thread about this after PAX East, glad someone else put one up. Last day of the show, with about an hour left for the convention floor, I ended up getting a demo from the developer working there was blown away. This game could very well be the Star Control style game I've been waiting for (3DO Star Control 2 was named dropped multiple time during our talk).

Even with the guy's voice going he went and gave me the "long" demo because I was a SC2 fan. Showing me things like how a planet's gravity can influence space travel or how NPC interaction can be done via dialogue or actions like powering up weapons to scare off an alien group that is threatening you. Really appreciated him taking the time to show everything off; game looked really well polished and put together by folk who knew their stuff.

Easily one of my favorite moments from the show and something I'm very excited to play. Also coming to PS4/XB1 in addition to PC.

New RPS preview sounds really good, more complex than I had imagined
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/11/the-long-journey-home-preview/
The trick is to figure out what each species really wants, how you can help them and how they can help you. Some want to trade, some want to give you quests, and some want to fight. The way you approach them – shields and weapons at the ready or not – can influence their reaction, and I was pleased that a creature that referred to itself as a Knight and kept asking to duel me was impressed when I next encountered it with my guns at the ready. Even though I refused to fight, I’d earned some respect simply by being armed and showing my (meagre) strength.

Top Bottom