• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Preview Thread

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I will play on Story Mode. Or better yet, wait for the PC port and use a trainer. I have the hand-eye co-ordination and reflexes of a snail. I can already feel the git-gud bros coming for me.

Era preview thread already has people losing their shit and arguing how jiggle physics should never exist and they will still play the game in-spite of Eve's character model. Couple of people commented in support of jiggle physics and got banned already.

Oh, me definitely Gusta
As long as you are playing solo, cheat/mod as much as you want.Just don't do it online, cheating online is shitty.As long as you're having fun that's what matters.

I've updated the OP with this excerpt from Kotaku:
A free demo for Stellar Blade, developer Shift Up's character-action PS5 exclusive, will go live on March 29. Ahead of its imminent release, some gaming publications got early hands-on time with roughly two hours of the game, which contains the first level and its respective boss. Based on everything that's being said from these previews, it sounds like Stellar Blade is going to be a stellar release when it drops on April 26.

That's because our perception of the game might be all wrong. Instead of something closer to Bayonetta or Devil May Cry, action games that are more about rhythmically offensive attack strings, the Stellar Blade previews suggest that it's more in line with games like God of War Ragnarok, Nier: Automata, and even FromSoftware titles such as Dark Souls and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. There's still some PlatinumGames-isms in the DNA of Shift Up's upcoming PS5 exclusive. However, it sounds like what we're getting is a much more methodical affair, one that requires a bit of patience and thought as you journey through its world. And I'm stoked, especially since all of the previews I've read thus far seemingly land on the same consensus: Stellar Blade could breathe new life into the action game genre.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
And those body scans were a while ago. Cuz since then SHE’s had enhancements.
Look her up. In her newer pics she’s thicc
2LgIRmo.jpg

GymWolf

And those body scans were a while ago. Cuz since then SHE’s had enhancements.
Look her up. In her newer pics she’s thicc
I'm REALLY not a fan of any enhancement surgery, please tell me she didn't enlarged her ass with 2 plastic cushions...

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
One of the best looking UE4 games I've ever played and there's like 4 of them at best over the last 10 years. Amazing animations, set pieces and presentation of the game overall. The only sad thing about it is that there's no Photo Mode... in the demo at least, but is sure as hell needs to be in the full game.

Obviously, I'm not going to wait for PC release (which will be fucked up cuz of UE4, just like pretty much any other game except Gears 5) and will buy it on the disc as soon as it'll be available.

Eiknarf

Banned
They improved the ass and made the tits bigger.
As you said, the devs took liberty and made the character curvier than her real life body scans years ago

But now the model herself (with plastic surgery) looks more like the way the devs made the character look.

Here’s another pic

RzNRM6V.jpg

Eiknarf

Banned
I think one of the things that makes this Soulslike is that It’s not just about the parry and counter, but it’s about when NOT TO HIT.

Since when is hitting any living creature not gonna do damage?!!!

If I’m playing The Last of Us and I hit any of the enemies, it hurts them. Damage is taken. Period.

In these Souls games, you can hit or shoot an enemy, but it does nothing!

In my opinion, hitting something should take away shield and/or health. It should not matter WHEN you hit somebody/some monster.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think one of the things that makes this Soulslike is that It’s not just about the parry and counter, but it’s about when NOT TO HIT.

Since when is hitting any living creature not gonna do damage?!!!

If I’m playing The Last of Us and I hit any of the enemies, it hurts them. Damage is taken. Period.

In my opinion, hitting something should take away shield and/or health. It should not matter WHEN you hit somebody/some monster.
??? But in Stellar Blade enemies does get damage heck even you can destroy their guard but you cant just button mash through the fight which also in games like Astral Chain.

I dont remember that even happen with my experience with any of FROM games, I usually see that when bosses about to go to their second phase but even then you still damage them but they do AOE attack before start their second phase so to get you off their backs.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
So on Metacritic, I'm thinking the Pro review grade will average around 71 out of 100, while the User review grade will be around 8.8 out of Ten.

Madflavor

So on Metacritic, I'm thinking the Pro review grade will average around 71 out of 100, while the User review grade will be around 8.8 out of Ten.

This will definitely be a game with much higher user scores than the critics, although I don't think critic reviews will reach as low as you're saying. My guess is 75 - 85 is probably the more realistic range. For it to get into the low 70s, the game will have to really drop the ball in some areas. Which could happen, but the trailers and impressions from the demo have been very positive, so we'll see.

Solidus_T

I always thought there was going to be THREE difficulty settings: easy, normal/default, hard.

Just finding out now (in the OP) that there's only two: Story Mode (easy) and Normal
I believe you have to unlock hard mode by beating the game. I would prefer to have it available from the beginning, but it's whatever

Shubh_C63

Bayonetta had lore reasons to be sexy.
2B I guess the skirt facilitates unrestricted movement and being a robot in a robot world with most females(?) in upper hierarchy kinda made sense too

What's the lore reason why Stellar Blade MC is so sexy ?

Madflavor

2B I guess the skirt facilitates unrestricted movement and being a robot in a robot world with most females(?) in upper hierarchy kinda made sense too

With what limited information we've had to go on, it appears Eve and other woman of her kind are most likely artificially grown humans, as opposed to naturally born like on Xion. They're likely made to be genetically perfect, so they can fight better. That's probably the lore reason.

Because attractive main characters sell. It seems the crazies forgot this long ago. Probably because they’re ugly as sin.

None in his right mind would design an ugly android. If there is a female brain inside that body, with much more reason. That's the case of Nikke, brains of dead women inside sexy female androids so they don't suffer from cognitive dissonance and a variety of mental disorders (which happens anyway).

As for 2B, no, the "lore reason" for her to have that ass was that Yoko Taro wanted the best ass in videogames. That was pretty much it.

Madflavor

This will gets 70s

It might, but so did Rise of the Ronin, and people are loving that. I'm not worried. This is easily going to end up being a situation where the user score will be a lot higher than critics. With all the trailers and the demo out, you already know if you're going to like it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Her long pony Tail.

Top Bottom