• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

GhaleonEB

So I go to my local video game retail shop to pre-order Halo: Reach. The guy behind the counter greets me, asks what he can do for me. I tell him I'd like to pre-order Halo: Reach.

No problem, he says. Which version?

I'd decided on the middle version, the $80 set. I don't need the figurine display. I mean, it's great looking and the packaging is awesome and all but, I don't need it. I open my mouth and say, "The flagrantly expensive version."

By the balls, I tell you. :\

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:
So I go to my local video game retail shop to pre-order Halo: Reach. The guy behind the counter greets me, asks what he can do for me. I tell him I'd like to pre-order Halo: Reach.

I'd decided on the middle version, the $80 set. I don't need the figurine display. I mean, it's great looking and the packaging is awesome and all but, I don't need it. I open my mouth and say, "The flagrantly expensive version."

Same here. :lol

GhaleonEB said:

:lol

I am so utterly confused as to what I am going to get. I'm just like you. I don't want to spend $150, but of course, I can afford it. But do I want to. As it is I'm buying two copies of the game (one limited, one normal for the wifey).

By the balls indeed.

Sai said:
recon.jpg

C'moooonnnn! Just switch up X with LB and I won't have to take up until the tail end of the beta to adjust to this minor change. :lol
This.

I actually got great use out of the tin box the Halo 3 Limited came in. Never bothered watching the content on the extra disc, but that tin box made for a great place to store GBA games in style. I'll probably spring for the Extra Crap edition of Reach just on the promise of practical use. It comes with a bag apparantly, that might fulfill bag related needs.

Trasher

Son of Godzilla said:
I actually got great use out of the tin box the Halo 3 Limited came in. Never bothered watching the content on the extra disc, but that tin box made for a great place to store GBA games in style. I'll probably spring for the Extra Crap edition of Reach just on the promise of practical use. It comes with a bag apparantly, that might fulfill bag related needs.
They're pretty useful right?

I heard you can get one of these for under 150 dollars though:
57-lb-1-6-brown-paper-grocery-bag-500-bd.jpg

Sanic

Hmmm... I might spring for the limited edition, though I honstly don't find anything in either that or the Legendary configuration to be all that compelling. We'll see.

I just hope the Legendary Edition Statue doesn't suffer from the quality control issues of recent Mcfarlane Halo products. Some of them are awesome, but just as many have weird off colors, sloppy paint jobs and broken joints. =/. Still, I'm pumped and it is awesome.

So, a little while back my girlfriend made me a cake for my 21st birthday. She wanted to do something something special and maybe aimed a bit high for her first cake.

IMG_8258.jpg

Seriously though, it was freaking awesome. It may look like a kids cake but what the hell. It was tasty and freaking cool. I love her so much for doing something like that.

Demoncarnotaur said:
I just hope the Legendary Edition Statue doesn't suffer from the quality control issues of recent Mcfarlane Halo products. Some of them are awesome, but just as many have weird off colors, sloppy paint jobs and broken joints. =/. Still, I'm pumped and it is awesome.

So, a little while back my girlfriend made me a cake for my 21st birthday. She wanted to do something something special and maybe aimed a bit high for her first cake.

IMG_8258.jpg

Seriously though, it was freaking awesome. It may look like a kids cake but what the hell. It was tasty and freaking cool. I love her so much for doing something like that.

Worst Brazilian I've ever seen.

Ramirez

Presco said:
Oh gawd yes. Looks like a great solution! I can't imagine the finger gymnastics required to use a jetpack with the AA on X. Dudes who rolled with the claw back in the day might be able to manage it, but not me.

Did I play you earlier in like back to back games? You messaged me, yea? Why was the girl you were playing with so mad at me? I've never received hate voicemail from a girl on Live until tonight, first time for everything. :lol She accused me of cheating. :|

Phaethon0017 said:
What is that? It looks like Ultra 7 got knocked the f--k out on top of a bunch of turtles.
:lol Speaking of turtles, she thought it looked like one when making it and snapped this pic:

IMG_8237.jpg

But yeah, she wanted to do a wraith and based it off this since it was more simple in nature. then she got creative. And then based the terrain off of Valhalla.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Mayyhem said:
I sorta want to get the legendary edition mostly because of the flaming helmet.

Am I stupid? :(

Possibly. =P

:lol Naw, you can make the purchase based on whatever you want, it is your money after all.

I will go legendary because the statue will make a nice cubicle piece. :D

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Did I play you earlier in like back to back games? You messaged me, yea? Why was the girl you were playing with so mad at me? I've never received hate voicemail from a girl on Live until tonight, first time for everything. :lol She accused me of cheating. :|

Haters gonna hate part 2???

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Haters gonna hate part 2???

Upon further inspection, Presco was actually on our team, but we were in a party. :lol

But yea, wish I had a way to upload it, it was hilarious..."I out BR'd you everytime anyways cuz you're bad, thanks for cheating", that statement totally makes sense.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Upon further inspection, Presco was actually on our team, but we were in a party. :lol

But yea, wish I had a way to upload it, it was hilarious..."I out BR'd you everytime anyways cuz you're bad, thanks for cheating", that statement totally makes sense.

Hahahahha damn.

Xbox Live Fall Update: Message forwarding. I wish :/

MrDaravon

A Penguin said:
I know it's the thought that counts, but I'm having trouble figuring out what that's supposed to be.

I was going to post this but didn't want to be the first one to do it :lol. Seriously though, that is awesome, especially that she supports (or at least tolerates) your hobby.

My Gamestop had a Master Chief cake for the Halo 3 midnight launch, wonder if they'll do one again. The whole thing was actually catered with a live band, but all of these things were pretty terrible.

Presco

Ramirez said:

I played with you and we destroyed. Not sure about the angry girl. :lol
I don't think I've ever played Halo with a girl...can't even convince my wife to give coop a try.

edit...checked and I received a voice message from a girl named WISE001 accusing me of cheating and saying she is a mod and I'm about to get banned. :lol

Trasher

Ramirez said:

She was mad.
WISE001

Do you remember her saying anything during that game, Presco (the land grab one that you were in I mean)? :lol

feel

So what is that cake supposed to be? All I see is a nsfw womanly body part... :lol

Doodis said:
Bungie Podcast (Pi Rutsu)

Here's my offering to the podcast gods. Others zigged, I zagged. I know the audio clips terribly and the quality is awful. Apologies.
Isn't it pu ritsu? But either way, REALLY REALLY GOOD! :)

Someone add it to the gaf list.

Magni

Spasm said:
hay make this happin bungle and ill give u $20!

2h2grxw.jpg

But seriously, am I the only one who just about never crouches? This isn't Counter Strike!

Crouch jumping?

No Control scheme that fits me.. Let us make our own please Bungie!

What I'd like is the same as Spasm, only switch X and B (Action/Reload and Crouch), and also have Hold to/Toggle for Equipment.

Doodis

Domino Theory said:
Just called Amazon per the last page's reccomendation and it worked.

Halo: Reach Legendary Edition w/ One-Day Shipping = $108.

:D
Sweet! Just got the same deal. Hooray for customer service.

big ander

Letters said:
So what is that cake supposed to be? All I see is a nsfw womanly body part... :lol
:lol I was going to post that but I thought I was the only one!

I'm loving all the podcast submissions here. Great jobs guys.

I really hope the focus rifle ends up being as
super
awesome as I'm expecting it to be. I realized in team slayer today that I like the beam rifle just a hair more than the human sniper, probably because of the reticule. I have an easier time with headshots with it. So hopefully the focus rifle fulfills the goal of being different yet filling the hole left by the removal of the beam rifle.

Top Bottom