• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu's Twitter has been hacked (@yosp)

Jintor

what a bunch of morons.

can't believe they even fronting as a security group. why even pretend? who's gonna believe you?

Worst thing you all can do, if this is real, is give them attention. That's what they want, imagine of no one tweets at them or gives a crap about anything they say until Shu gets it sorted through Twitter or whatnot

Isn't this illegal? How are they advertising services with PayPal links?

Wouldn't PayPal shut them down?

Yes, it's illegal. And anybody with a PayPal account can generate links/buttons like those. It doesn't mean PayPal approves of, or even knows of, their services.

Man, the things I would do with Shu's account, like asking who wants a new Colony Wars or announcing WipEout HD Definitive Edition on PS4!!

Surely Twitter can see what is going on and contact Shu's previous email address / password to reset the account?

I mean it's harder to prove if the person is impersonating the account holder but this is blatant.

Audioboxer

Most likely dictionary attack and/or educated guesses.

Oh boy if true, lol. All people that high in companies should be using randomly generated passwords (numbers, letters and special characters).

From that ourmine site

Today , we checked Shuhei Yoshida Security , and we got access to his Twitter account , his security was really weak

Also this has been going on for longer than I'd of thought

sktgV4P.png

It's 12:24pm now in UK. Almost 3 hours and counting.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Most likely dictionary attack and/or educated guesses.
I'd like to think shu isn't stupid. He has entire Japanese writing system at his disposal but his password is susceptible to a dictionary attack?

Akainu

If you don't trust the link from the people who hacked you, use this other contact from the people who hacked you.

Also we're fanboys.

Jamie OD

"We're a security group hacking you" is like intentionally running someone over in a car to show the dangers of jaywalking.

"we're a security group, not a hacker group"

That's like saying I busted your door because I wanted to test how sturdy your lock was.

Well, such testing groups do exist for both door locks and cyber security. The idea is that a company, to make sure that its safety measures are indeed up to snuff, will have such a group try to gain forcible access. If they fail or only succeed after a ludicrous amount of effort - ie, more than the average hacker would ever bother with - then its a pass. If they get in far too easily things need to be improved.

In this case though, Sony obviously did not ask for this group's services, so this leaning way closer to a protection racket.

HeelPower

This is such a poor showing.Could've used this opportunity to do multiple bullshit announcements.

They outright announced that they hacked it.Very boring.

Azuran

Banned
God what a letdown. Why is is that hackers have no creativity whatsoever? There was so much potential to screw up with people and they blew it all away with that first tweet.

PlayStation exec not using 2-step on his Twitter account?

Lol

How do you know they hacked his account like this? You could hack an account via an app that grants access to it.

Also, this group also hacked a lot of personnalities on Twitter and Vine, such as Jack Dorsey (co-founder and CEO of Twitter).

Gurish

Wow they are hacking his account and not using it to announce a new Crash game or anything like that?! what a missed opportunity, it could be legendary for the few hours until Sony debunk it.

Loudninja

Wow they are hacking his account and not using it to announce a new Crash game or anything like that?! what a missed opportunity, it could be legendary for the few hours until Sony debunk it.
I dont get hwy people saying stuff like this he does not used is account like that, he usually post link with news.

iceatcs

I think you are confused with Xbox people.
Xbox people will believe anything coming from Twitter only.

bunkitz

Security group? I would assume that white hats don't just do things without their permission and won't withhold the account like this. Jesus.

Azuran

Banned
I dont get hwy people saying stuff like this he does not used is account like that, he usually post link with news.

Easy as hell to troll people with that.

"You asked for it you got it!, you will now be able to change PSN names starting July 23rd: *link: fake link that leads nowhere on PSN site*"

You can double the effect of that troll tweet by quickly deleting it after 2 or 3 minutes to give the impression he wasn't meant to announce that yet.

Top Bottom