• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us PC has been heavily criticised on release day for poor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
last-of-us-part-1-d-1280x720.jpg

Via VGC

The Last of Us Part 1’s PC version has been heavily criticised on its release day for poor performance and frequent crashes.

The PC port, which was handled by Naughty Dog and developer Iron Galaxy, was released on Steam and the Epic Games Store on Tuesday, following a short delay from its original release date which had been planned for the start of March.

At the time of publishing, the game has “mostly negative” reviews on Steam, with a significant number of players complaining about performance issues and crashes.

“Terrible optimization,” reads one of the game’s user reviews marked as ‘most helpful’. “Game takes more than 8 gigs of VRAM on medium settings, 100% CPU utilization in menu.”

“It’s really sad to say but this is a horrible pc port,” writes another user. “I love this game so much. I have bought this game 3 different times already… So it’s sad to say that this game is horribly optimized for pc.”

One highly upvoted user review claims that their game has crashed 12 times in a 3.5 hour play session.

A thread on the popular forum Resetera echoes similar sentiments to the Steam user reviews, with many posters complaining of poor performance and crashes when playing the game on PC.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Unrelated, but I finally got around to playing this on PS5 for a couple of hours recently and was genuinely blown away with the level of detail that they've put into this game. It truly is second-to-none when it comes to the sheer attention to detail that ND is putting into their games, and it's not just the visuals but also tiny details that enhance the immersion and believeability of that world. Like, I just couldn't believe when I looked down on a corpse of a guy that I beat to death after throwing a bottle at his face and realized that there are pieces of glass sticking out of his face.

Anyway, sucks to see yet another botched PC port but that's what happens when you hand the job to the same guys who worked on PC port of Arkham Knight, lol.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Unrelated, but I finally got around to playing this on PS5 for a couple of hours recently and was genuinely blown away with the level of detail that they've put into this game. It truly is second-to-none when it comes to the sheer attention to detail that ND is putting into their games, and it's not just the visuals but also tiny details that enhance the immersion and believeability of that world. Like, I just couldn't believe when I looked down on a corpse of a guy that I beat to death after throwing a bottle at his face and realized that there are pieces of glass sticking out of his face.

Anyway, sucks to see yet another botched PC port but that's what happens when you hand the job to the same guys who worked on PC port of Arkham Knight, lol.
Yep. Game looks absurdly good when you actually sit down and play it. Especially the later stages. Its probably the best looking game I've played, equal to HFW. And the added gore from TLOU 2 is just spectacular.

Shame the PC version has issues, but once its fixed, hopefully people play it and see how good it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom